Close Reader - Gravity's Rainbow [electronic]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/closereader/grav ... al_sharing

I' ve been somewhat inspired by Pynchon's work, therefore the title. Not necessarily looking for any specific feedback, but feel free to comment of course, hope it colors your day

Nice mood! I think it's very difficult to take the listener on such a journey in 4:30, which you definately managed to accomplish with me... :hihi:

Good one!

Glad it worked for you, thank you

It seems like it's rap with sfx that noone could market. Good work!

WordClock wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:01 am It seems like it's rap with sfx that noone could market. Good work!
Haha, thanks, I'll take it as a compliment.

"Gravity's Rainbow", very original.
Quite atmospheric, and also very melodic.
Love the beat, and the mellow vibe of this recording.
Refreshing and magnificent, like a rainbow!!!
You are a very good creator, and musician!!!
Love this production.
Rene

Good sense of space and depth.

Very dreamy... Lovely warm low end. Just the right kind of music for snuggling up on a cold snowy night. Would be interesting to know how you went about creating this.

Nice tune. Listened a few times. My Pynchon favorite is The Crying of Lot 49.

Thanks everyone!
frank1985 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:16 am Very dreamy... Lovely warm low end. Just the right kind of music for snuggling up on a cold snowy night. Would be interesting to know how you went about creating this.
I snuggled up on a cold snowy night and fiddled around half-asleep.
Jokes aside, relatively standard daw stuff, but I planned ahead how I would process the parts/sections to get the sound I wanted, and then a decent amount of editing.
Genetic_Junk wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:03 pm Nice tune. Listened a few times. My Pynchon favorite is The Crying of Lot 49.
Glad you found it interesting, like that one too.

It's been a long time since I've read Gravity's Rainbow. I was trying to get a sense of the song following the narrative, but I don't remember the book so well at this point. Cool track though.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Nice work. Checked out some of your other tracks on SoundCloud as well.

I like the way this drifts in and out, and the transitions between the different sections. Nice work.

I like Vineland best. It's the only Pynchon book I find genuinely fun to read, rather than theoretically fun

Listened again - is it available for download?

Very nice. I'm a big reader but have never read Pynchon - I love the vibe of your track. Will check out your other music on Soundcloud.

Return to “Music Cafe”