Added SFZ support: Apricot — Free Hybrid Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Apricot

CLAP version still not validating in Bitwig/Monterey:
com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not load executable:
1.0.3 works fine...
I dequarantine with the terminal, which is a hassle. I only found a droplet for applications. Does anybody know a droplet for plugins? Or how to make one?

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:36 am CLAP version still not validating in Bitwig/Monterey:
com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not load executable:
1.0.3 works fine...
I dequarantine with the terminal, which is a hassle. I only found a droplet for applications. Does anybody know a droplet for plugins? Or how to make one?
Have you tried renaming the plugin "Apricot.clap" to "Apricot2.clap" after de-quarantining?

There is the following issue:
  • The user copies Apricot.clap to the Plug-Ins/CLAP folder
  • Bitwig tries to load the plugin but fails
  • macOS marks the file as 'unsafe'
  • The user de-quarantines the file
  • Bitwig tries to load the plugin again, but macOS has marked it unsafe so it fails
But if you rename the file after this sequence then macOS will forget that it is 'unsafe' and allow Bitwig to load it.

Very strange, but it worked. Btw. I came across this article:
https://eclecticlight.co/2019/05/03/ser ... documents/
And there is are several apps to tackle these problems.
https://eclecticlight.co/xattred-sandstrip-xattr-tools/
They are certainly better than de-quarantine in the terminal and seem to work...

there is a graphic problem with the new beta 1.0.7
in logic (or hostingAU) AU version:

upon inserting the plugin opens in a way too big surrounding window
with the info/splashscreen (about window) frontmost
clicking somewhere outside the infowindow makes it go away but
not any of the apricot's control elements react to any kind of mouse interaction

closing the plugin window and reopening it again solves the problem
gui interacts normally as expected

I can't duplicate Muki's problem above. Granted, the basic (100%) size of the interface is quite big in Logic (27" 5K screen on my iMac, Mojave 10.14.6) and there's the splash screen in the middle which disappears when I click outside it, but there's no problem with the controls interaction.

However, there IS another problem. The Apricot channel meter doesn't work – it's just black, although the master output meters show the signal. It was the same with 1.0.6.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:22 pm I can't duplicate Muki's problem above. Granted, the basic (100%) size of the interface
that's it:
100% also works here
but
any size other than 100% is erratic

even crazier video artefacts if i start with 150%

channelmeters?
don't see any except the waveforms called "preview"
but that's another thing isn't ?

I meant the Logic track channel meter for Apricot. 🙂

muki wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:41 am that's it:
100% also works here
but
any size other than 100% is erratic

even crazier video artefacts if i start with 150%

channelmeters?
don't see any except the waveforms called "preview"
but that's another thing isn't ?
Could you take screenshots of the window being too large when the plugin is first opened, and the artifacts you get with 150% scale? Without screenshots it is difficult for me to know what the problem is :lol:

Spitfire31 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:58 am I meant the Logic track channel meter for Apricot. 🙂
Weird, I'll be investigating this issue.

Spitfire31 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:58 am I meant the Logic track channel meter for Apricot. 🙂
oh
i see

works here:

nakst wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:19 am Could you take screenshots of the window being too large when the plugin is first opened, and the artifacts you get with 150% scale? Without screenshots it is difficult for me to know what the problem is :lol:
sure
hope it'll survive internet-based compression...

here is 125% first launch
black surrounding mega-zides windowframe, artefacts at the right:

and resizing to 125% results in this:

p.s.:
if, after i hit the submit button, there is nothing special to see
it's probably the imagecompression
i can send you the images via DM
pps:
seems to have worked
the image size is a full HD size i.e.:1920
which means the plugin winndow fills the complete screen
or even might be bigger...
right handed windowframe is not visible anymore

muki wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:01 pm
oh
i see

works here:

It works here, too, now. Sorry for the false alarm – I started testing Apricot in a rather busy project with a number of VIs and I guess something abnormal was going on, probably a shortcircuit between the ears… :?

I can also confirm Muki's graphics problems in Logic. I didn't notice at first, since the smallest size (100%) is plenty big on my 5K screen. But if I change to, say, 150% it looks the same as on Muki's screenshots and at first the controls don't work. After switching to Controls and then back to the Apricot GUI, things go back to normal.

However, if I save the project with Apricot at a larger size than 100%, the same thing happens.

STOP PRESS
I just noticed that the graphics problem at larger sizes isn't confined to Logic. The same problem appears in Ableton Live 11.2.7 (same iMac, same system 10.14.6, AU version, Apricot beta 1.0.7) with one exception: the 'squeezed' mini GUI to the right in the enlarged window doesn't appear in Live.

Thanks for reporting the window size bug, it should be fixed in beta v1.0.8 which I have just uploaded.

I looked around about the channel volume meter, and apparently other people have this bug with Logic: https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/top ... -properly/ I'll assume it's not Apricot's fault. But if a lot of other people report it, I'll look into it again :)

Apricot 1.0.8. squashed the window size bug in Logic and Live! Great!

The Logic channel meter was, in fact, that short circuit between my ears – a bus control had, for some reason, ended up a few dB over zero… Btw, the Logic forum thread is 12 years old, so I don't think you need to lose any sleep over that!

Take care!

edited...already mentioned...

Return to “Instruments”