Arturia Minifreak VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OnePingOnly

BONES wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:34 am Prove it. Give us a link to some music you've made. It's easy enough to hear mine anywhere you care to look for it.
I don't have to in order to call your BS
void main(dumb)

Pros and cons, cons ans pros, so many written words and I thought minifreak is a tool for music making.
It proves again that in music production eyes have become more important than ears, you read posts, don't you?
Wouldn't it be the best that the pros side made a nice song with Minifreak included to show its potential and beauty of sound?
And the Cons side could make a song showing how bad it sounds.
It's like with effects or a professional engineer's good piece of advice not to solo when mixing, apply eq to a track while listening to the complete mix, so I d prefer to hear minifreak within a song, not just solo, makes more sense to me to find out whether it can shine in a song or mix.
Not just the scientific way of Arturia to present a product, that kind of videos don't inspire me to even download and try.
A complete song with drums making boom boom, bass making damdamdadadam, maybe a voice making lalala and minifreak making oyoyoyong.
Sometimes it's good to use ears, when it's about music!

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:22 pm theres big organs in there, play that shit low, you get vibrating windows
Does Bones cell have windows? :D
Last edited by slackhead on Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

sQeetz wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:25 amI don't have to in order to call your BS
You mean you can't. Because you can't "call" anything without evidence and, right now, all the available evidence is in my favour.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

DCrown wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:35 am
A complete song with drums making boom boom, bass making damdamdadadam, maybe a voice making lalala and minifreak making oyoyoyong.
lol
last sentence
is
funny
Last edited by JS_SEA on Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCrown wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:35 am Pros and cons, cons ans pros, so many written words and I thought minifreak is a tool for music making.
It proves again that in music production eyes have become more important than ears, you read posts, don't you?
Wouldn't it be the best that the pros side made a nice song with Minifreak included to show its potential and beauty of sound?
It's like with effects or a professional engineer's good piece of advice not to solo when mixing, apply eq to a track while listening to the complete mix, so I d prefer to hear minifreak within a song, not just solo, makes more sense to me to find out whether it can shine in a song or mix.
Not just the scientific way of Arturia to present a product, that kind of videos don't inspire me to even download and try.
Challenge accepted! I threw this together, every instrument except drums is MicroFreak V:

https://soundcloud.com/jrrshop/sunset-f ... al_sharing

Uncle E wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:00 am Any illusion of KVR being a young, hip place has flown out the window (of a stagecoach or horseless carriage, probably).
Nah, the way people carry on here, it's always been clear we're closer to Grandpa Simpson shaking his cane at passing clouds.
A well-behaved signature.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:53 am
DCrown wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:35 am Pros and cons, cons ans pros, so many written words and I thought minifreak is a tool for music making.
Challenge accepted! I threw this together, every instrument except drums is MicroFreak V:

https://soundcloud.com/jrrshop/sunset-f ... al_sharing
I like
the oyoyong sound
cool :D
imo every dev should make
a mix competition after
release of a
synth or
expansion
to show the
inspiration factor
and its sound
capabilities
in a mix
and it could
be an effective
promotion

BONES wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:34 am
rezoneight wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:17 amEvery post you make here is proof man. As people get older they get more and more resistant to change
Are you completely f**king stupid? How do you manage to conflate facts about an instrument with being resistant to change?

Maybe you simply don't understand what the term means, so let me give you an example. Here's something you said on the Saurus thread last July, which clearly shows your complete lack of flexibility of mind - "I have absolutely no plans to ever move to a Windows PC unless Apple goes out of business". So someone could come up with a PC that was 10 times faster than any Mac, that cost one-tenth as much to buy, could fold up to fit in your pocket and would run for a week at full power on a single battery charge and you wouldn't buy it if it was running Windows? That, my friend, is what resistance to change looks like. Someone who is so set in his ways that he won't countenance change.

OTOH, I actually bothered to download, install and demo Minifreak. Why would someone who is supposedly so resistant to change do that? Wouldn't that person be eternally happy with the things they already had?
sQeetz wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:23 amnaah 8) :lol:
Prove it. Give us a link to some music you've made. It's easy enough to hear mine anywhere you care to look for it.
BONES, the burden of proof is on the accuser.

So if you say that the Minifreak sounds thin, PROVE it. You keep stating your opinion as fact. PROVE the "fact". Otherwise shut the f*ck up and crawl back into your insecurity-bunker.

The question is also
whether you need
a super fat sound
or synth
for music in
every mix.
Last edited by JS_SEA on Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes. To my ears the sound design possibilities that I am enjoying lately lean that way. Some of the sound engines have that vibe. Probably why I enjoy my minifreak and it’s sits next to my rather conservatively voiced modular rig.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:55 am
Of course they didn't - what they did was create something that has more of a West Coast character than some people are used to - using algos derived from boutique hardware modules from Noise Engineering and Mutable Instruments. The sound is pretty much the same as you would get if you combined a couple of those modules with a filter and effects section plus multiple routing and modulation possibilities.

What does it take to get banned from KVR?

I'm on Soundcloud, btw... same user name. The stuff there is almost 10 years old, though.... and just snippets raw unmixed..... that's why I never post anything... it's always unfinished
https://soundcloud.com/sqeetz
Last edited by sQeetz on Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
void main(dumb)

It takes grit, determination and a lifelong pursuit of excellence. Very few have managed it. I wish you luck in your pursuit.

BazJacuzzi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:23 am What does it take to get banned from KVR?

BazJacuzzi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:23 am What does it take to get banned from KVR?
Not being BONES
void main(dumb)

Return to “Instruments”