Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

DCrown wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:04 pm Wouldn't it make sense to be able to use modwheel as trigger of a MODENV for instance to make spontaneous swells by moving the modwheel or is it possible?
I mean that moving the modwheel should start/trigger the modenv from the beginning.
Still learning the synth and yes I even read the manual (the only one I read completely!) and watched all videos, but it's a whole lot of information

no, that is not the way it works. What you want to do can be achieved easily by, lets say modwheel modulating cutoff. Then use the modulation shape (thats the envelope inside the mod matrix, right oft the actual modulation entry). Its an n-pont envelope, so you can do any sweep, wobble or whatever you like.

msvs wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:27 am
DCrown wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:04 pm Wouldn't it make sense to be able to use modwheel as trigger of a MODENV for instance to make spontaneous swells by moving the modwheel or is it possible?
I mean that moving the modwheel should start/trigger the modenv from the beginning.
Still learning the synth and yes I even read the manual (the only one I read completely!) and watched all videos, but it's a whole lot of information

no, that is not the way it works. What you want to do can be achieved easily by, lets say modwheel modulating cutoff. Then use the modulation shape (thats the envelope inside the mod matrix, right oft the actual modulation entry). Its an n-pont envelope, so you can do any sweep, wobble or whatever you like.
Ok, I see, yes I know and you can also select first or last note trigger etc for ModEnv, so it's perfect the way it is.
Your synth has become an addiction
it needs some time to figure out
all its options and possibilities.

Thanks

even I learn new possibilities each day :)

Just thought I'd check on here while waiting for a response from the website support.

Anyone know what the current situation is regarding transferring a license for Avenger?

i.e. fees and any other requirements that are mandatory (confused about the wording in their FAQ regarding the dongle stuff, which I don't have).
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

I've found a post on KVR quoting the transfer fee as $30... someone on Knobcloud saying it's $20... and on the audiosex forum, one that says $15.

I thought maybe the developer just periodically increased the price, but I doubt it, because then I realised that chronologically those quotes went from 15 to 30 to 20.

Choikdoi wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:16 pm Just thought I'd check on here while waiting for a response from the website support.

Anyone know what the current situation is regarding transferring a license for Avenger?

i.e. fees and any other requirements that are mandatory (confused about the wording in their FAQ regarding the dongle stuff, which I don't have).
Your post made me curious because you mentioned dongle. Indeed Vengeance writes something about USB dongle.
Is Avenger iLok?
Don't ask me how I managed to do, I can't remember the installation and registration process , but I run Avenger without ILok and without a dongle.
Don't I have a full version?
I am pretty sure I bought a full version.
What did pluginboutique sell me?
I have an iLok USB dongle!
I don't understand the information on homepage, why it's so confusing?
Didn't find any information about license transfer fee, when no information, then probably no fee. Maybe re-sellers invent it to make the price higher?!
Whatever version I have, I am going to keep it, it's stable and I Iike it.

No, it's not on iLok.

And yeah on the website... "License transfers are possible, but require to sell your dongle together with your product (or an empty dongle, where the license you want to sell has been moved onto by simple drag & drop in the elicenser control center). Licenses can not be moved online, the dongle has to be physically on the computer for license transfer."

So, I can't without one? All the listings on here and other websites are all by people with dongles?

Maybe they put their own transfer fees on there to cover the expenses from when they had to go and buy a dongle so they could transfer Avenger, lol. I guess if there's no actual transfer fee, I might consider doing that, would be about the same price as an iLok transfer.

Also, mine is definitely a 'full version' and was purchased through PB.com, so I'm sure yours is too.

Choikdoi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:45 am No, it's not on iLok.

And yeah on the website... "License transfers are possible, but require to sell your dongle together with your product (or an empty dongle, where the license you want to sell has been moved onto by simple drag & drop in the elicenser control center). Licenses can not be moved online, the dongle has to be physically on the computer for license transfer."

So, I can't without one? All the listings on here and other websites are all by people with dongles?

Maybe they put their own transfer fees on there to cover the expenses from when they had to go and buy a dongle so they could transfer Avenger, lol. I guess if there's no actual transfer fee, I might consider doing that, would be about the same price as an iLok transfer.

Also, mine is definitely a 'full version' and was purchased through PB.com, so I'm sure yours is too.
Thanks for your reply.
Never heard of such an inconvenient licence transfer system before.
Would you have to transfer expansion
with a dongle, too or could you even
transfer expansions?
Maybe only together with the synth.
I have 5 expansions, unfortunately you can not demo it and they aren't cheap, but I like the expansions I have, even many sounds of Italo Disco 2 are nice, would never have bought it, because I don't like this music style at all, but could test it on a friend's computer before.
Well, I am not going re-sell anyway.

Choikdoi, I think that quote from their website must be ancient and in need of updating. I don’t know what the current resale procedures are, hopefully support will get back to you soon.

In summary - Avenger launched with soft computer licensing, then after a couple of years adopted Codemeter, which could be either a soft license or a hardware dongle that no-one seemed to be able to use. After a year or so of that, they went back to their own soft license system. So dongles have never been a requirement for Avenger.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I was also wondering if the information on their website is up to date. I see.
Would be nice to share the current transfer system after you will have received a reply from support.

These comments for the dongle requirement are for the effect line of Vengeance plugins which are using e-licenser as copy protection...
This has nothing to with Avenger...

OK, good to know, thanks guys! Just need clarification on the transfer fee part then, since they seem to vary by forum / website, as mentioned.

I will of course report back when I've heard from support. Hopefully it won't take as long as some companies are these days! UJAM, PA & Arturia all being shocking for me at the moment. And Trancit... even after 1 month Image Line still haven't finalized that FL Studio MIDI routing query with me, which you tried to help me with on here :lol:

Nevermind! I was just on the website, noticed in the support section that it said I had 0 open tickets, even though I created one yesterday (could be that it's not technically open until it's been read, but anyway...).

I went to open a new ticket from there just in case, and there was a link for "I want to sell my VPS Avenger", which gives you the option to pay a transfer fee immediately, before contacting them via email to confirm it.

It says £30 (including tax). That's €34 / $37. Unless it's one of those where they advertise it being 30 no matter what your currency is. I have no idea, but if you own Avenger and aren't from the UK, you can see what it would be from your account without having to contact support.

I'm gonna have to list it pricier than I imagined and just drop the price later if I get desperate.

DCrown wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:09 am
Choikdoi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:45 am No, it's not on iLok.

Thanks for your reply.
Never heard of such an inconvenient licence transfer system before.
Would you have to transfer expansion
with a dongle, too or could you even
transfer expansions?
Maybe only together with the synth.
I have 5 expansions, unfortunately you can not demo it and they aren't cheap, but I like the expansions I have, even many sounds of Italo Disco 2 are nice, would never have bought it, because I don't like this music style at all, but could test it on a friend's computer before.
Well, I am not going re-sell anyway.
Forgot to mention, I did see on their Facebook page that expansions are also allowed to be transferred. Andre Keilwerth personally confirmed it, but said that they too would require transfer fees.

He didn't say how much they were, but I imagine that you could find out by looking in your account in the same place that I found my link to the payment for the Avenger fee... Account > Customer Support > Get Support > Others.

I can't check because I don't own any expansions. No dongle required for that either though, it seems.

Would it be possible to make the speed trigger a value or more values at the same time? Just one example, there could be many different examples of course.
For solo/mono instruments only, I suppose it wouldn't be possible for chords.
The performing speed from one note to another is the trigger or in other words as soon as a speed passes a set threshold (bpm or ms? ) you for instance change the delay from 1/4 to 1/32 when you play faster. Would it even make sense or is it already possible? I was playing with Avenger and thought it could be a cool feature. Delay time is only one of many possible options or examples. It's just an idea. Not sure whether it could work with chords, if you hit a simple c maj chord with the notes c e g at the same time, the same time could get a problem, maybe you do not hit exactly at the same time, but maybe too little differences could be programmed as not being considered, but also left (bass) hand and left hand (chords)
performance could get confusing, so maybe split the keyboard into two parts with different programming and effect...
Once again the delay example, you start playing a solo very slowly with a long delay and then get faster and the delay changes from a long into a slap delay.
I know I could make the settings for instance with a macro knob, but the threshold thing where it would change automatically depending on speed would be a cool addition and could offer new possibilities, wouldn't it?

Return to “Instruments”