Choochcat - stromatolites [downtempo]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, first tune here in just the 15 years or so. Not sure how to finish it (other than just say "it's finished"). I'm rebuilding some old and very old tracks.
https://soundcloud.com/user-214359428/stromatolites

Made with Tracktion, imposcar, anamark, synth1, spitfire labs, swirly drums. Old bass guitar, some other acoustic bits and bobs
Last edited by choochcat on Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Also features some real outdoor noises and some vitamin pills

Interesting concept!
I dont hear this every day.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel👇
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

been a minute !..
:o

ver' nice to see you back ...
looking forward to listening ...

experimental.crow wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:40 pm been a minute!
Yeah, an extended pause. Good to be back

had a chance for several listens now ...

a good experience overall ...
the composition and main motif carry interest , and the transition when you
bring in the drum and bass is spot on ... i really enjoyed the outro ...

i found some of the highs a tad harsh , particularly in the first 90 secs ,
but that could be down to me , as i am finding that in quite a few of the
tracks i've listened to , of late ...

the mix is good ...

experimental.crow wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:36 pm had a chance for several listens now ...
Hey, thanks for listening so closely, and a really helpful review as ever. :D
I wonder if those harsh highs are from the air I added last minute, or maybe something a bit painful going on with the celeste sound or that wibbly imposcar synth line. I'll check my filters and eqing.

The outro is the original tune from 2004. :hihi: Might turn it up some and let it play out a bit longer.

Great use of Imposcar. It is impressive how distinctive that synth sounds. I also especially liked the outro. Some things that might be worth a try. Bringing in the drums and bass a little sooner (:30 - :40). Loosening up the timing on the celeste. An enjoyable tune. Thanks for sharing.

Genetic_Junk wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:52 pm Great use of Imposcar. It is impressive how distinctive that synth sounds. I also especially liked the outro...
Thanks for listening and your thoughtful comments
Imposcar is pretty much the love of my life - used on everything from industrial soundscape to country ballad.

I've played around with the celeste, which was very lazily looped. I'll give it a good listen and if it still sounds stiff I'll play it live (even my two-finger keyboard technique ought to do it). Outro is louder and longer on the next version. Drums and bass coming in as they were, after some playing around :wink:

Thanks again. Much appreciated

Return to “Music Cafe”