Your everyday VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Delay Lama OnePingOnly

I do also play Organteq occasionally just for fun. But never before midnight.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

DCrown wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:35 pm
Kindergarden!
The correct spelling is:
Kindergarten

:wink:

jamcat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:56 pm I do also play Organteq occasionally just for fun. But never before midnight.
Still using the demo and the first freebie they gave us. Definitely an after midnight with me as well. Expect it would be the first GAS giant I'd acquire after a financial winfall in my favor though.

I think I bought it the day it was released.

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:58 pm The correct spelling is:
Kindergarten

Uncle E wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:33 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:58 pm The correct spelling is:
Kindergarten

This is called:
Kinderüberraschung

:tu:

jamcat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:00 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:57 pm Excellent. Such a novel idea. List your fav synths. In a list 🤦‍♂️
Not favourite. Most used.
You need to open up all your songs and do a VSTi frequency count.
….most used cos it’s your favourite 🤦‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Anyway, if I gotta list one, it’s gotta be Hive 2. Or maybe Hive 2. I don’t recall

ramseysounds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:33 pm ….most used cos it’s your favourite 🤦‍♂️
Hmmm. No.
MODO DRUM isn’t my favourite, but it is my most used in production because most every song has drums. Not every song has piano or violin or a Solina or a synth.

I don’t do much in the electronic genre, so I’m reaching for the VSTi that provides the sound of the instruments I need for the song, as opposed to the plugin I like to play with the most.

And no, it’s not because these are the sounds of my favourite instruments, either. Guitar and bass are my favourite instruments, but I don’t use a VSTi for those.

I really don’t care

I don't ever just load up a VSTi and play it, and I mean never, ever. I like to have something to work on. If I want to just play, I'll load a song and play whichever part it is I play on stage, with whichever instrument it is I play. That's why I don't think of myself as a musician - I don't get any pleasure form just playing, I get pleasure from listening to songs.

When I get a new plugin and I am exploring it, I will create a random pattern and let the sequencer play it while I go through the presets and/or make my own patches. If we found a keyboard player who fit in, I'd give up playing in a heartbeat.

Unlike jamcat, I don't have a favourite instrument. I use synths because it's convenient, not because I'm passionate about them. All my favourite bands have guitars, synths, bass and drums. Since discovering Ujam's guitar VSTi, we've been putting guitar into pretty much everything we work on, as well as putting electric bass into things old and new.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

ramseysounds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:57 pm Excellent. Such a novel idea. List your fav synths. In a list 🤦‍♂️
You know what's a completely original idea? Mocking people for starting list threads on KvR. I've never seen anyone doing that before.

Anyway, hardware synths dominate in my setup, so I don't have any everyday VSTis. I would have said Aalto is the closest I get... but then I went over my notes from Jamuary so far and... the winner is Kontakt, with 4 appearances in 29 recordings. All of those were in the same track though, with the gimmick of "use samples, which I almost never use." :hihi:

I've used Kult, Easel V, and Loquelic Vereor 3x during Jamuary and Aalto only once, so clearly I need to do an all-Aalto jam next.

ramseysounds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:01 pm I really don’t care
That must be why you keep posting :lol:

foosnark wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:45 pm... but then I went over my notes...
You make notes? Wow! My bandmate is really good at getting things organised when he sends them to me, with a text file that tells me all the patches to use, which effects and settings, what BPM the song is at, etc. and I've said to him several times that I really appreciate the effort, but it's not something I would do for him. And I mean it, I just can't imagine mustering the effort to make notes. OTOH, ask me to make a list and I'm all over it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:53 am OTOH, ask me to make a list and I'm all over it.
:lol:

Return to “Instruments”