Arturia Minifreak VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OnePingOnly

Post

It doesn't sound thin.
It sounds low sometimes, but that's due to the volume being set low on some presets on purpose.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

Post

And maybe Arturia made the VST first, and modelled the hardware after the VST.

:-o
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

Post

TheMaestro wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:12 pm And maybe Arturia made the VST first, and modelled the hardware after the VST.

:-o
More like they were codeveloped together, the software being a sort of prototype for the hardware. Of course, I have no idea, but it sounds plausible to me. Build in in software, then make a hardware prototype from there. Tweak to taste, get it the way you like it and then adjust your software to match. Rinse and repeat.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Post

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:33 pm
TheMaestro wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:12 pm And maybe Arturia made the VST first, and modelled the hardware after the VST.

:-o
More like they were codeveloped together, the software being a sort of prototype for the hardware. Of course, I have no idea, but it sounds plausible to me. Build in in software, then make a hardware prototype from there. Tweak to taste, get it the way you like it and then adjust your software to match. Rinse and repeat.
I think the VST was developed ex post facto. The was pretty much confirmed on their live demo Q&A when they said they are continuing to optimize the VST code because it was originally designed to run on the synth hardware.

Post

I think this thread has been switched to run on Chat GPT. None of this can possibly be real, it's too full of KVR cliches.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Post

this is a great synth, i love crazy digital messed up sounds and it's really quick and easy to make them on Minifreak

Post

If anyone took advantage of the V Collection 9 + MiniFreak V upgrade bundle, is MiniFreak listed as a separate product in your Arturia account, or is it tied in some way to V Collection 9?

Hoping it's separate so I could sell it on as I'd have no need for it atm with already owning Pigments.

Post

BONES wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:18 pm
RugerioDelStereo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:27 amSo if you say that the Minifreak sounds thin, PROVE it. You keep stating your opinion as fact. PROVE the "fact". Otherwise shut the f*ck up and crawl back into your insecurity-bunker.
The proof is there for all to hear and those with a shred of objectivity, even those who like the synth overall, have admitted as much. If you go back to page 5 or 6 of this thread, when the VSTi first became available to everyone, and you'll see that most of the comments about the sound are negative. Then the fanbois got on board and tried to shout everyone down but that doesn't work on me.
Do you mean to imply that everyone who likes the synth is automatically also a fanboy? That would be highly subjective of you. Also: still no proof. If someone shows me a graph showing bottom-end on a synth, or I hear said bottom-end, then it has bottom-end. But maybe I am thinking too straight bout this.

Post

RugerioDelStereo wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:10 am But maybe I am thinking too straight bout this.
Try holding your turds in over weekends, that should help you get into the right frame of mind :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

Post

PieBerger wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:18 am
RugerioDelStereo wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:10 am But maybe I am thinking too straight bout this.
Try holding your turds in over weekends, that should help you get into the right frame of mind :lol:
Is that to improve the bottom end? ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Post

BONES wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:18 pm The proof is there for all to hear and those with a shred of objectivity, even those who like the synth overall, have admitted as much. If you go back to page 5 or 6 of this thread, when the VSTi first became available to everyone, and you'll see that most of the comments about the sound are negative. Then the fanbois got on board and tried to shout everyone down but that doesn't work on me.
Don't like it? Don't buy it. Move on with your life and to another thread.

Post

tony10000 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:39 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:33 pm
TheMaestro wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:12 pm And maybe Arturia made the VST first, and modelled the hardware after the VST.

:-o
More like they were codeveloped together, the software being a sort of prototype for the hardware. Of course, I have no idea, but it sounds plausible to me. Build in in software, then make a hardware prototype from there. Tweak to taste, get it the way you like it and then adjust your software to match. Rinse and repeat.
I think the VST was developed ex post facto. The was pretty much confirmed on their live demo Q&A when they said they are continuing to optimize the VST code because it was originally designed to run on the synth hardware.
Well, I’ve never worked on software that didn’t start out as a prototype and then get a lot of development time doing optimization. The last game I worked on… which should be released… (soon?) had what seemed like almost as much time in beta as it took to build out the alpha version.

Anyway, I’ve never worked on a software or hardware instrument, much less a dual format synth like this one, but it really does seem like doing software prototyping would be a very quick and nimble way to flesh out what a product might be. Especially a company with a long history of writing software instruments. I’m not saying they’d finish the plugin and then build it out as a hardware instrument, but I’d be very surprised if the initial prototype wasn’t software and then spent a lot of time going back and forth, with both software and hardware pushing design decisions.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Post

tony10000 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:48 am
BONES wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:18 pm The proof is there for all to hear and those with a shred of objectivity, even those who like the synth overall, have admitted as much. If you go back to page 5 or 6 of this thread, when the VSTi first became available to everyone, and you'll see that most of the comments about the sound are negative. Then the fanbois got on board and tried to shout everyone down but that doesn't work on me.
Don't like it? Don't buy it. Move on with your life and to another thread.
Here’s the question I ask: why haven’t you blocked BONES? I’ve had him on ignore for years, but still get sucked into these idiotic conversations because so many people deem it necessary to quote him. We all know this is just him talking to himself in a vein attempt to prevent himself from buying this plugin, which he will in about 6 months. Then it will become a plugin that he loves. It is The Way.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Post

I finished the MiniFreak track. It's a decent representation of what the MiniFreak sounds like in a full mix. No other synths were used:

https://soundcloud.com/jrrshop/sunset-f ... al_sharing

Post

MoodyB wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:55 am If anyone took advantage of the V Collection 9 + MiniFreak V upgrade bundle, is MiniFreak listed as a separate product in your Arturia account, or is it tied in some way to V Collection 9?

Hoping it's separate so I could sell it on as I'd have no need for it atm with already owning Pigments.
In case anyone else is wondering, I emailed Arturia & the Minifreak V is tied to the V Collection 9 with this bundle, so it can't be sold separately.

Return to “Instruments”