What (effect) plug-ins have really impressed you lately?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sugarbytes' Graindad is impressive. It has a similar XY mod GUI similar to Aparillo--very fun and clever.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

none
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Pulsar Modular’s P565 Siren. It’s incredible.

Wavefactory Spectre. All the saturations it has sound good to me.

Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

valhalla shimmer

Caelum Choric and flux pro are very underrated.

I didn’t think flux pro would compete with the Polyverse gatekeeper but I’m starting to like it more. I just find myself dialing things in and enjoying the workflow more.

Choric is one of the few chorus plugins that doesn’t sound cheesy to me or hard to dial
In something usable. I think the dev made something really special and people should check out.

MFM2 is bananas.

Tresor wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:53 pm Wavefactory Spectre. All the saturations it has sound good to me.
It so good, so underrated.

Instead of a bell curve boost with Pro-Q, I almost always reach for Spectre instead.

Aiynzahev wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:30 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:38 am In terms of hardware come software, the Lisa mastering eq has an interesting new take. It has dynamic capabilities, it doesn’t work like a regular dynamic eq.
I picked this one up as it got my attention too. Really interesting processor but I am not used to using it yet.
I found a simpler way of working with it...

First, just use it as a straight up eq, dynamics off. Move on, do other things and come back to it with fresh ears, this time trying to improve on your original effort using the dynamics section, while making before and after comparisons. Just make sure you really are making it better.

Then, if needed, comeback again, put it into mid-side, unlink it and refine some more again making comparisons. Start with bypassing bands then simple frequency, Q or gain changes, just make the bands a little different than the other channel.

With these kind of tools its really easy to make something sound worse than it otherwise would have with a straight up eq, that's why its important to keep making comparisons and making sure you have fresh ears every time you make changes.

Return to “Effects”