How to make this minimal pad?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey I was wondering what's the best approach to making this pad?

https://youtu.be/hN4Xm5RczNY

Using Ableton 11 stock instruments and plugins

Thanks!

Use a low pass filter on a square wave to get you started!

...And then what? Need more input?

You turn that square wave into a pulse wave again because it's definately not just a 50/50 square sound, is it?
We also need lots of voices being detuned in this case since it's not just one wave, so let's do that.
Most importantly, however, these sounds are all based on chords plus it is crucial to give each note a different velocity rather than just assign the same to each note. This is sooo key! :roll:
Here, volocities tend to go up with pitch, e. g.: e-g-(a)-b in the sound at the very end. (note a is an exception, though)
Reverb should be obvious but the fine tuning and the kind of reverb to be chosen won't be.

After fine tuning all of that - the real mastery that seperates the wheat from the chaff - there would most likely still be more to be added to the sound and that's where things start to get really, really interesting.

How did they achieve the further nuances I haven't mentioned yet? Anyone?...
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

Pad.zip
This to me sounds pretty close.
made in Vital
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Use a square wave mixed with like 20% of a saw wave, add a low pass filter 24db, opens the attack a little like 35ms, decay like 1s, and sustain it just a bit like 35%. I also hear an lfo modulation!

Return to “Sound Design”