Sad state of Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:46 pm I do still own Maschine Studio and a secondary Mikro hardware with just the one software license between the two. But you can probably tell from my previous posts that I forget I even have them. Something that started for me from the company's disinterest in their own products and customers...
Did you love the idea of the Studio and Mikro on paper and feel it was going to be boldly proclaimed "future of sound"? Did you think that with all the RAM and processing power of a fully-fledged computer that you would have a truly next-gen MPC-like groovebox-sampler workflow?

What do you use these days in terms of workflow instead?

Hammy Havoc wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:00 pm
BBFG# wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:46 pm I do still own Maschine Studio and a secondary Mikro hardware with just the one software license between the two. But you can probably tell from my previous posts that I forget I even have them. Something that started for me from the company's disinterest in their own products and customers...
Did you love the idea of the Studio and Mikro on paper and feel it was going to be boldly proclaimed "future of sound"? Did you think that with all the RAM and processing power of a fully-fledged computer that you would have a truly next-gen MPC-like groovebox-sampler workflow?

What do you use these days in terms of workflow instead?
Even though I was raised in Funk/Latin/Jazz/Fusion and tempered early in DCI, I find I'm drifting farther and farther away from most drums and preferring a more modern approach in ambient pulses. When I do use actual percussion, it's a layer of many rather than one since they each have a different approach to the same thing that gives it a poly feel without actually being a poly rhythm. "Odd" time signatures in their most basic I still do, since every set I've ever bought obviously is for showing they can without being really musically useful. As far as flow, I find everyone of them lacking.
I remember the problem with Maschine being the controller making me decide on the either/or fashion of what it was controlling. There seems to be a reason that those wanting it only want to buy the software without the hardware.

osiris wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:36 pm I tried to look up who owns Soundwide and all I get is a Franciso Investments & a CEO name for the company. They own a LOT. Just another corporation inside a corporation inside another corporation. And as far as Maschine goes I got one word for you: Kore.
IIRC, there were quite a few pages online detailing the the history of the company. Its a large VC company. You can probably buy stocks in it if you wanted to.

The music in the Komplete 13 intro video really good my attention, I played in on repeat for a while, I bought Komplete 14 due to the Komplete 13 promo video, but can’t find any of the sounds used in the K13 people video. Asked support, they don’t know, posted on NI forums, no one knows there either.
I’m starting to think that the music in the K13 promo video wasn’t made with NI software at all.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

TS-12 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:36 am The music in the Komplete 13 intro video really good my attention, I played in on repeat for a while, I bought Komplete 14 due to the Komplete 13 promo video, but can’t find any of the sounds used in the K13 people video. Asked support, they don’t know, posted on NI forums, no one knows there either.
I’m starting to think that the music in the K13 promo video wasn’t made with NI software at all.
Probably heavily using the FX from Komplete. I hope so anyway.

Hammy Havoc wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:34 pm Aftertouch in Maschine isn't a thing, mate. It may exist in the hardware, but it isn't implemented in Maschine and there are no plans to add support for it: https://community.native-instruments.co ... n-maschine

My point is that the KK isn't the ultimate studio centerpiece. Channel aftertouch capability aside, you can't use aftertouch in Maschine. Period. It's one item in an extremely long list as to why neither KK or Maschine are what they're advertised or implied to be. This is why I say the modern MPCs are a shadow of what they were twenty years ago, they're missing so much expected functionality that comes with the name or territory.

Even recording mutes, perhaps the most musically useful aspect of the MPC workflow many folks may argue for escaping being stuck in a loop quickly, and you can't do it in Maschine, despite people clamouring for it since day one.
OK confirmed, Maschine doesn’t respond to aftertouch. Yes, Maschine has huge flaws. Since day one. Just the fact it only has one time signature is insane. I get the aftertouch issues, it took Ableton forever to fix Push that way, but the fact is I’ve never used it as a stand alone DAW, because I don’t just do music in 4/4, and the only way Maschine was/is useful to me is as a VST plug in.

So far though, Komplete Controls lack of ability to get aftertouch out of Maschine isn’t a deal killer for me with the hardware. Since I use it as a plug in, in Digital Performer and Bitwig, I wouldnt
notice this really. IMO anyway Maschine is a seriously flawed product, since day one, drum machines should have multiple time signature capability in their arrangers, That it doesn’t is just wrong, that it does not ten years plus later….

TS-12 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:36 am The music in the Komplete 13 intro video really good my attention, I played in on repeat for a while, I bought Komplete 14 due to the Komplete 13 promo video, but can’t find any of the sounds used in the K13 people video. Asked support, they don’t know, posted on NI forums, no one knows there either.
They used Omnisphere! :lol:

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:27 am
They used Omnisphere! :lol:
Zero-G was freaking notorious for this “back in the day” circa mid 2000s lol. You’d buy a sample CD and half the samples used in the demo wouldn't be included.

Yo Leroy!

Let's just hope that the 8% are those making the promo video's :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I love the NI stuff, especially some of the newer shit like Piano Colors and Lores. These are fantastic sounding libraries and like Vurt said they're making money off them otherwise that wouldn't be where the business is going. Also satisfied with where they are going with updating existing stuff for the Apple Silicon platform. For a company with a such an old catalog and probably a shit-ton of tech debt they're doing just fine as far as I'm concerned. Is it all perfect? Of course not but they're finally doing what they need to do while bringing in the money they need to keep moving.

Someone made a hilarious comment about how their hardware isn't that great. It sucks so bad that I keep seeing the Komplete Kontrol keyboards everywhere on YouTube :lol:

Komplete Kontrol keyboards are great, I use one every day….the Komplete Kontrol software really needs updating however…
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

rezoneight wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:42 pm I love the NI stuff, especially some of the newer shit like Piano Colors and Lores.
I agree, it sure is "shit".
rezoneight wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:42 pm These are fantastic sounding libraries and like Vurt said they're making money off them otherwise that wouldn't be where the business is going.
Well if 'Vurt' says, then it must be true! He does, after all, spend 18 hours a day on this forum, posting endless useless posts about nothing, because he doesn't have a life.
rezoneight wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:42 pm Also satisfied with where they are going with updating existing stuff for the Apple Silicon platform.
Who is satisfied? They are satisfied? You are satisfied? It helps if you write "I'm also satisfied" if that's what you mean.
rezoneight wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:42 pm For a company with a such an old catalog and probably a shit-ton of tech debt they're doing just fine as far as I'm concerned.
Well that's okay then, who cares about the reality of the situation?
rezoneight wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:42 pm Is it all perfect? Of course not but they're finally doing what they need to do while bringing in the money they need to keep moving.
Finally? So they weren't making money before?

rezoneight wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:42 pm Someone made a hilarious comment about how their hardware isn't that great. It sucks so bad that I keep seeing the Komplete Kontrol keyboards everywhere on YouTube :lol:
The following is one of many reasons why Native Instruments is going downhill:

'Why Battery 3 is better than Battery 4':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxcf5oMhNlA

All hail the vurt, stop the blasphemy. :uhuhuh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f97PvePpeR0
BenfordLaw wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:19 pm
rezoneight wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:42 pm These are fantastic sounding libraries and like Vurt said they're making money off them otherwise that wouldn't be where the business is going.
Well if 'Vurt' says, then it must be true! He does, after all, spend 18 hours a day on this forum, posting endless useless posts about nothing, because he doesn't have a life.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Who will join the
VURT DEFENDER KNIGHTS (VDK)?
This blasphemic attack has to be revenged!

Return to “Instruments”