BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Hi @graywolf2004 and other BlueARP users,

I was recommended BlueARP on the Gig Performer community forum and I think the plugin is pretty cool. Great job!

I have read the manual, but I still have a small problem. I need to reproduce Starlight arpeggios by Muse, in a band that plays without backtracks. There is basically one chord per measure. One chord is arpeggiated on 4 octaves ascending, then for the next chord is arpeggiated on 4 octaves descending. I made a program with the ascending measure and another program with the descending measure. I then made a chain with the ascending pattern and another with the descending one.

Our band plays with a drummer who follows his own rhythm (no click). I can reproduce the drummer's rhythm with a MIDI pedal and the tap tempo function of Gig Performer, but this does not guarantee me a perfect synchronization over a longer period of time. However, the arpeggiator stays sufficiently in rhythm over a single bar, and I would like to resynchronize the launch of an arpeggiator pattern with each new chord while alternating the ascending and descending pattern.

My idea is to change the current chain with each new chord using the dedicated host automation parameter. My problem is that I can only change the current chain when the arpeggiator is playing. When the arpeggiator is stopped, even using the mouse in the BlueARP window, I can't change the current chain which goes back to " ---". I don't know if it's related to the quantization parameter to switch from one chain to another, but as a newbie I'm struggling with.

Could someone help me a bit?

LOL. Hi David-San. I know you from the GP forums. I am here to ask the same plugin manufacturer about the same song in the same host.

Deleted
Last edited by ManuD on Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idea / feature request @ graywolf
New order algorithm suggestion -> Sort by MIDI Channel (ascending/descending)
Should be not too difficlut to implemnet, I guess.
Anyways, thanks for the best ARP, period :)

Hello and thank's for a good program.

Recently when opening BA in Cubase Elements 9.5 and creating an instr.
track with the Arp a heavy buzzing noise tone is being generated.

Not untill after shutting BA off on the interface and running program
02 SilentDummy and turn it on again does the problem disappear.

This problem was not the case in the begining when I was using BA.

I tried both VST versions and the problem persist. On both my Mac's
(PowerBookPro 17” 2010 & 2011)

And - today after Cubase had been exporting a couple of track’s to AIFF
the noise came again. This was a first timer.

Does someone know the reason for this (minor but) annoying problem.

Best regards from DK

PS Sorry if this subject have already been
discussed . . tried to search under “buzz-noise”
but no result came up

Okay, after 2 hours of searching, how do I get the skins to work in Bluearp vst3? It comes with folders of skins and fonts, which I dragged over to the 'roaming/bluearp' directory on windows 11. The file in the skins directory is default.ini , I will eventually want to install some others as well, so do those get appended or do I need a new file?

TIA

I have a problem with Logic Pro 10.7.7 : sometimes BlueArp is available in LPX, sometimes is missing. I don't know why.
Is there a solution to fix that ?

ManuD wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:58 pm I have a problem with Logic Pro 10.7.7 : sometimes BlueArp is available in LPX, sometimes is missing. I don't know why.
Is there a solution to fix that ?
Known issue, it will be fixed in future update. Not sure when though.

mucknog wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:51 am Idea / feature request @ graywolf
New order algorithm suggestion -> Sort by MIDI Channel (ascending/descending)
Should be not too difficlut to implemnet, I guess.
Anyways, thanks for the best ARP, period :)
Thanks for the suggestion, it could be really powerful addition for h/w based setups indeed.
I forwarded this feature, not in the list of priorities though as there are some more important fixes should be addressed first.

phreaque wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:56 am Known issue, it will be fixed in future update. Not sure when though.
OK, thanks.

it would be so wonderful if you could change each step's note length by much finer amounts!!!!!!!

"Rediscovering" BlueARP this morning after not having used it for several years. I've downloaded the most recent version(s) and installed. Using it in Cakewalk and I am loving it, but I've got one sticky issue. I am routing it to a softsynth - don't recall every routing it in the past to anything but hardware. It works fine, except that if I open the GUI of any softsynth in my project other than the one I'm routing BlueARP to (or solo any other softsynth), the softsynth I'm routing BlueARP to goes silent until I either open its GUI or solo the track. I can immediately unsolo the track and all works fine again. Am I doing something wrong, is it a quirk of Cakewalk, or is it a bug? Thanks.

EDIT: I just noticed this happens only if I open or solo the other softsynth in Cakewalk's synth rack view. If I open or solo in the track itself, all works fine.

smoddelm wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:59 pm "Rediscovering" BlueARP this morning after not having used it for several years. I've downloaded the most recent version(s) and installed. Using it in Cakewalk and I am loving it, but I've got one sticky issue. I am routing it to a softsynth - don't recall every routing it in the past to anything but hardware. It works fine, except that if I open the GUI of any softsynth in my project other than the one I'm routing BlueARP to (or solo any other softsynth), the softsynth I'm routing BlueARP to goes silent until I either open its GUI or solo the track. I can immediately unsolo the track and all works fine again. Am I doing something wrong, is it a quirk of Cakewalk, or is it a bug? Thanks.

EDIT: I just noticed this happens only if I open or solo the other softsynth in Cakewalk's synth rack view. If I open or solo in the track itself, all works fine.
If you're using the VST3 version, then it is recommended to rely on using the VST2 instead.

Aside from that, Cakewalk is known to have its own quirks in handling MIDI routing.

smoddelm wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:59 pm Using it in Cakewalk and I am loving it, but I've got one sticky issue. I am routing it to a softsynth - don't recall every routing it in the past to anything but hardware. It works fine, except that if I open the GUI of any softsynth in my project other than the one I'm routing BlueARP to (or solo any other softsynth), the softsynth I'm routing BlueARP to goes silent until I either open its GUI or solo the track. I can immediately unsolo the track and all works fine again. Am I doing something wrong, is it a quirk of Cakewalk, or is it a bug? Thanks.

Guessing that maybe when you are clicking around on other synths that is toggling the MIDI echo off on the track for the synth that you are currently routed to. Make sure that MIDI echo remains enabled for the desired track, or it will go silent if it isn't enabled.

The little icon in the track header for MIDI echo has 2 modes. To lock it on, click it again and the little "A" (for auto) in the corner goes away. The auto mode is designed to follow the track that you have in focus.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Thanks, I'll try that - I definitely noticed after I posted that the MIDI echo was getting turned off. I've been using Cakewalk and its predecessors for 20 years plus or minus and never realized that.

Return to “Instruments”