Arturia V Collection 9 - Official Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

mountainmaster wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:24 pm All I know is that it is much cheaper to get the whole collection than to keep on buying individual instruments.
Well, depends how many of them I want and at what price I can find them for on here / Knobcloud / Facebook :)

I'm only after 3 more now. Considering I got the last 2 for around €25 each, I'd rather spend €125 on the 5 that I wanted than the €189 it would cost me for the collection when I'm sure that I wouldn't use the other instruments (I've demoed them).

Thanks for the info, I'll just decide when they update any of them whether or not to stick with the version I get.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

mountainmaster wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:24 pm There is nothing typical about Arturia's upgrade policy. It varies all the time. Just check your account to see if there are any upgrade offers.
This is the best plan... :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Choikdoi wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:43 pm
mountainmaster wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:24 pm All I know is that it is much cheaper to get the whole collection than to keep on buying individual instruments.
Well, depends how many of them I want and at what price I can find them for on here / Knobcloud / Facebook :)

I'm only after 3 more now. Considering I got the last 2 for around €25 each, I'd rather spend €125 on the 5 that I wanted than the €189 it would cost me for the collection when I'm sure that I wouldn't use the other instruments (I've demoed them).

Thanks for the info, I'll just decide when they update any of them whether or not to stick with the version I get.
That should work until Arturia issues a new instrument that is a must-have for you! It would have been cheaper if you had bought the collection at a discount. Except now you are invested in many "singles". I got my last V Collection 9 upgrade for $99. :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

The bundle philosophy often reminds me of this:
https://youtu.be/EPLxitZJck8
Last edited by BBFG# on Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fiiiiine, well I'll just have to pray I hate all their future releases then! Just like I pray every day that I'll never hear another synth that I want from any developer out there! .......

BBFG# wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:22 pm The bundle philosophy often reminds me of this:
https://youtu.be/EPLxitZJck8
:lol:

Yep :(

Came across this YouTube video

https://youtu.be/DXu0GvLmHjs

A bit off topic, but when is 10 expected to come out? Is it annual/yearly? I'm still on collection 7, but will probably upgrade at 10. There's normally a pretty generous discount when the new version comes out.

an-electric-heart wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:14 pm A bit off topic, but when is 10 expected to come out? Is it annual/yearly? I'm still on collection 7, but will probably upgrade at 10. There's normally a pretty generous discount when the new version comes out.
It has been every year and a half, more or less...

VC4 in 2014
VC5 in may 2016
VC6 in december 2017
VC7 in april 2019
VC8 in december 2020
VC9 in may 2022
VC10 in december 2023? we'll see

Niowiad wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:58 pm
an-electric-heart wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:14 pm A bit off topic, but when is 10 expected to come out? Is it annual/yearly? I'm still on collection 7, but will probably upgrade at 10. There's normally a pretty generous discount when the new version comes out.
It has been every year and a half, more or less...

VC4 in 2014
VC5 in may 2016
VC6 in december 2017
VC7 in april 2019
VC8 in december 2020
VC9 in may 2022
VC10 in december 2023? we'll see
Cool. Thanks. That's exactly the info I was struggling to find.
I know they've just released the new FX bundle, so I thought they'll let that breath for a while first.

Hello
I own VC8 and 9. Recently I found a strange thing appearing with some Solina presets. All those load properly giving unique sounds, but:
1. some of them don't react to synth's controls manipulation (or a change is very subtle)
2. some react on button activation (ie VIOLIN, VIOLA, TRUMPET), but disabling those buttons doesn't change the sound back.

Obviously, there are patches that work properly all the time. Interestingly, the latter has a sharp, in-the-face sound as expected from Solina while those affected presets often sound like not matching this synth.

Do you have any clue what is happening?

maxym.srpl wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:31 pm Hello
I own VC8 and 9. Recently I found a strange thing appearing with some Solina presets. All those load properly giving unique sounds, but:
1. some of them don't react to synth's controls manipulation (or a change is very subtle)
2. some react on button activation (ie VIOLIN, VIOLA, TRUMPET), but disabling those buttons doesn't change the sound back.

Obviously, there are patches that work properly all the time. Interestingly, the latter has a sharp, in-the-face sound as expected from Solina while those affected presets often sound like not matching this synth.

Do you have any clue what is happening?
I've found problems with the solina as well, mostly weird clicks on some presets.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:26 pm
Vortifex wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:03 pm I really wish you could hide the keyboard on the MS-20. It takes up nearly a third of the UI, and the fonts are blurry under 100% UI size which mean I have to make the UI pretty big and the keyboard is just wasting space on the screen.
I wish this of all the Arturia plugins. I wish the keyboards could be hidden, like the Tal ones. Takes up a lot of space.
I think the same. On the MS20 V they can easily show mod wheel activity, momentary switch state and keyboard trig in the Patch panel.
And btw, it’d be nice if they provided some hiding / shadowing / coloring of the cables in the Patch panel : it can be hard sometimes to see what you’re doing (ok it’s part of the fun, but …)

Hey
Can you tell me please, does the Arturia V Collection 9 include the latest synths from Analog Lab Pro, such as the Acid V synth, but in a format that is not editable, or are these synths not included in the V Collection 9 at all?

cjseriy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:50 am Hey
Can you tell me please, does the Arturia V Collection 9 include the latest synths from Analog Lab Pro, such as the Acid V synth, but in a format that is not editable, or are these synths not included in the V Collection 9 at all?
No, those are all new in V10. The new stuff in 9 was Augmented Strings and Voices, MS20, SQ80 and updates to the Prophet-5 / VS and CS80.

I have V Collection 8, and Analog Lab Pro is updated to the latest version. It's odd that it includes some new stuff but not others - Acid V, Mini V4 (just named Mini - the old version is Mini v3), the MS20 and the MiniFreak are there but others absent. Not sure about the Prophet presets as to whether they are new or old tbh.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”