Podium

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Podium ist around a very Long time.
But I never see somebody mentioning it here.

Who uses it for his projects and what do you like about it.

Thanks

viewtopic.php?p=8539923#p8539923
viewtopic.php?p=8373437#p8373437

You asked two times before, third time is the charm?

did it ever get audio time stretching? That was missing at some pint which was a deal breaker for me, probably most other people nowadays seeing as every other notable DAW has it.

nice enough, track hierarchy stuff was clever, maybe just not enough to grab people attention.

I had high hopes for it for a while, but like Gary, no timestretching and some other hitches made it hard to use.
I especially liked it's surround capabilities, something most DAWs lack in this kind of ease of use.
In the end I went with Bitwig...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

You went with Bitwig for time-stretching?

Timestretching as in: Use a 44kHz file in a 48kHz project without it playing back at the wrong speed.
Podium back then had absolutely no way to deal with different file resolutions so you basically had to convert all files to one sample rate manually first.
And no, that wasn't my central reason to go for Bitwig, but Bitwig from the start fit me like a glove.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I really like that Podium can have several sequences in a project sharing the same instruments and effects.

Unfortunately I never really tried it out when I used Windows, and now I'm mac-only...

Podium very tight with more features than you'd think for the size...Only thing I don't like about it is the 'project-based' workflow...I like to 'jump right in' & get going or test ideas without messing about creating projects & sub-arrangements.
The dev was on the original TC Electronics team back in the day so super pro for sure...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”