The End is Nigh - Google unleashes music AI

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://arstechnica.com/information-tec ... ds-sounds/

Just read about this yesterday. I've been using the ChatGPT textbot & it's pretty good. Still just a basic text regurgitator & will do dumb things unless you're very specific. Chat tells me it can't 'see' visual images, but when they connect all these parts together - 'watch your futures end', to quote one of my favorite movie lines.

Widerstand ist zwecklos!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

i predict a punk revival as backlash.

I'd take a good, mindless disco revival with all real musicians. I have a lot of those & the cowbell person must have got carpal tunnel syndrome from all those 8 minute long songs. More cowbell, please.

Nice to see you back around, osiris. Even if it is just in time for the end.
No longer a moderator.

Ditto, and isn't Google also pushing their new phones as being able to remove all the unnecessary bits from our wonderful photos? Yay, that was the only thing keeping me from becoming the next Cartier-Bresson. :hihi:

My optimistic view is that as perhaps Zappa sometimes liked to say, there will always be freaks. Art will somehow once again survive... :D

I think that's when civilization began to dissolve. When photos became digital. Give me light & shadow & chemicals & expensive processing & waiting a week for your pics to be developed.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”