API 550 Emulation for MAutoDynamicEq - Zero Latency and CPU Friendly

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frankie.T wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:27 pm
What other companies offer presets for Melda? I'm curious to check them out
https://www.patchpool.net
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:31 pm
Frankie.T wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:27 pm
What other companies offer presets for Melda? I'm curious to check them out
https://www.patchpool.net
Thanks

Even Paul Turd has the decency to keep his patch selling on YouTube. I can't wait for every patch maker to flood this forum with their new patch for sale. :clap:

Frankie.T wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:00 am
jamcat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:18 am
Frankie.T wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:12 am At least i'm not rude :wink:
I think it’s quite rude that you ignored my question.

It seems like you are deliberately hiding the identity of the API 550 emulation plugin that you used as a reference. I expected more transparency, but this seems to me to be in bad faith. I hope I am wrong. If not, I’m afraid I will have to unsubscribe.
I didn't ignored your question, i think it was pretty self explanatory the fact i decided to do not show the plugin in the video, but apparently i was wrong.

First of all in my opinion it's not important what plugin is for the purpose, it's an api emulation, that's what really matter for the video and the discussion since i'm reproducing an api emulation and this is the subject, not another plugin.
Then i don't feel respectful to the company who developed that plugin to reveal it, because it's quite expensive and i achieved something *i think* it sound the same but it's more versatile and with more capabilities, due to the plugin i'm using for the recreation. So i don't want to be the guy who say "hey *company name* i made something that sound the same of your plugin with another eq, and now i offer even more capabilities". This is something i don't like

I hope this explain my choice
It does matter which plugin you used, because not all API emulations are the same. You are selling this preset specifically as an API emulation, even though you didn’t match an API 550A. You matched this unnamed plugin.

So how are we supposed to judge how accurate this is to an actual API 550A unless we know which plugin you used as your reference? Revealing which plugin you copied is the only way we can judge the accuracy of your EQ curves, because it hinges on the reputation of their curves.

Otherwise you need to either get an actual API 550A and show that your curves match that, or retool your sales pitch and try to sell your preset 100% on its own merits, and not rely on it supposedly emulating an API 550A.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:54 pm
Frankie.T wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:00 am
jamcat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:18 am
Frankie.T wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:12 am At least i'm not rude :wink:
I think it’s quite rude that you ignored my question.

It seems like you are deliberately hiding the identity of the API 550 emulation plugin that you used as a reference. I expected more transparency, but this seems to me to be in bad faith. I hope I am wrong. If not, I’m afraid I will have to unsubscribe.
I didn't ignored your question, i think it was pretty self explanatory the fact i decided to do not show the plugin in the video, but apparently i was wrong.

First of all in my opinion it's not important what plugin is for the purpose, it's an api emulation, that's what really matter for the video and the discussion since i'm reproducing an api emulation and this is the subject, not another plugin.
Then i don't feel respectful to the company who developed that plugin to reveal it, because it's quite expensive and i achieved something *i think* it sound the same but it's more versatile and with more capabilities, due to the plugin i'm using for the recreation. So i don't want to be the guy who say "hey *company name* i made something that sound the same of your plugin with another eq, and now i offer even more capabilities". This is something i don't like

I hope this explain my choice
... because not all API emulations are the same.....even though you didn’t match an API 550A.

Don't you feel weird different emulations are different even if they are supposed to be a recreation of the original.
Did you ever asked them why? Did you ever wrote it in their product topic the same questions you are asking me?

That felt like another dodge.

It's not a dodge i clearly explained the reason behind my decision, while you dodged my question.
I would appreciate a responce if you don't mind

I already know why they don't all sound the same. It's because not all developers put the same amount of time and care into development. Some just slap on an off-the-shelf EQ and the rest is all marketing. That's why we need to know which one you used. So we can judge if it's really true to an API 550A.

I'm assuming you used the MERICA 3 Band Proportional-Q equalizer from Analog Obsession as your reference. You're refusing to say because people could just download it for free.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/american-bundle-55358141

jamcat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:11 pm I already know why they don't all sound the same. It's because not all developers put the same amount of time and care into development. Some just slap on an off-the-shelf EQ and the rest is all marketing. That's why we need to know which one you used. So we can judge if it's really true to an API 550A.
How do you know the amount of time and efforts they put in development?

edit: i saw you just edited your post. It's not merica and it's not a free plugin

Why does it make a difference that it's not Analog Obsession MERICA?
After all, it's an API 550 emulation, and all API emulations are equal, according to you.

Sounds like downloading Analog Obsession's free API 550 that was modeled on some other unnamed plugin is a better deal than paying 10€ for your API 550 preset that was modeled on some unnamed plugin.

I never wrote or thought all emulations are the same, but the opposite.

You asked about merica, i gave you a reply, don't you like my reply anymore?

Talking about questions, i made one, but you didn't answered.
Once you called me rude for that, another time you told me i was dodging your question. But now it's you that don't answer a very simple question. Instead you put in my mouth something i never told.
Considering also how dogged you are about something i already answered, explaining the reasons behind that decision, it's very clear that you are...

a troll

For that reason from now you are in my ignore list, so feel free to comment or not, for me it's the same, i won't be able to read you anymore

Oh, so not all API emulations are the same, after all?

Then it does make a difference which plugin you used, which is why you need to let potential customers know before they hand over real money for your preset.

Based on the thread title, I thought someone was sharing a patch, so was surprised to see that it is a commercial venture.
I don't know what the usual protocol is in this sub forum, but putting the price in the title would make it clear what the deal is.

Return to “Soundware”