Your everyday VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Delay Lama OnePingOnly

As much as I use Diversion, two areas I haven't fully explored yet are importing and manipulating samples and wavetables. Can it use the wavetables from Serum, Pigments, Spire, Massive X, Vital, etc? I don't know. That's my next experiment.

Update: Diversion is limited to single-cycled waveforms. Loading those from Virus T1, Serum, PhasePlant, etc) means I couldn't modulate a scroll-through like with Vital. I'm sure I can write this in Cubase's automation lane, but that's a bit tedious.
Last edited by Boy Wonder on Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Kontakt 7, Zebra Legacy, TX16Wx.

Yes, that's all. Don't need more, it just confuses things. More isn't better.
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Hi

LinPlug Alpha V3 used to be in my 'template' start up back in the day because it had a 'mean' low end for Bass and was easy to get basic sounds from - shame Linplug are no more...

SuitcaseOfLizards wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:43 pm Kontakt 7, Zebra Legacy, TX16Wx.

Yes, that's all. Don't need more, it just confuses things. More isn't better.
we need moar plugins , all of them
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I'm surprised
No-one has
Mentioned
OnePingOnly.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

cytospur wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:49 pm I'm surprised
No-one has
Mentioned
OnePingOnly.
Why the h*ll
are more and more
guys writng
poems
instead
of simple sentences?

No-one has
Mentioned
OnePingOnly.

that's my 3pm - 9pm sunday vsti.
if someone started that thread, then opo is my answer. till then. nope.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:51 pm
No-one has
Mentioned
OnePingOnly.
Why the h*ll
are more and more
guys writng
poems
instead
of simple sentences?
international poetry slam week.

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:52 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:51 pm
No-one has
Mentioned
OnePingOnly.
Why the h*ll
are more and more
guys writng
poems
instead
of simple sentences?
international poetry slam week.
And you
Are
No poet?

[Chorus]
Just hit
Enter

Easy!

SuitcaseOfLizards wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:43 pmKontakt 7
I just discovered a great feature in Kontakt 7 last night - the ability to go through and preview presets without having to load anything. It takes a bit of guesswork out of which of the three Novo instruments to load and stuff like that. I assume it's using the NKS previews but it's presenting them in a nice, easy to use way. It's very slick.
martinjuenke wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:51 pm Why the h*ll
are more and more
guys writng
poems
instead
of simple sentences?
I remember a lot of Dave/Kriminal/Anx's posts would always have double-spacing between the lines and he said it just happened, that he wasn't doing it deliberately. Maybe these guys are replying on their phones or something? It is kind of annoying.

I might have a candidate for "everyday VSTi". I bought OB-E from the Buy & Sell forum yesterday. I love SEM but I need unison and OB-E can deliver that. I also noticed last night that it uses almost no CPU at all. Which, of course, made me look at SEM's CPU usage, which often doesn't even register on the meter. I don't know how I hadn't noticed that before. Using it zoomed into a single module, with all modules grouped makes it just like SEM on steroids. Of course, unless there is a "Detune Group" setting I haven't discovered yet, I will still have to go in and individually detune the modules to get proper unison but that shouldn't be too hard and I don't use unison on absolutely everything anyway.
Last edited by BONES on Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Line 6 modern is my go to guitar plugin. Archon cleans are reallllly good. Really into EZbass too. Didnt know if you said but are you using ez drummer 2 or 3?

I use Alicia's Keys every day.

AntonioB wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:35 am I use Alicia's Keys every day.
Thanks for the reminder.
I forgot I have that
good Yamaha piano.
I guess I have to
re-install Kontakt
was a victim of
my annual clean-up
3 years ago
btw I am always
surprised how much
more disk space
I have afterwards

For general synth stuff it's always MSoundFactory. It just does, well, everything, so it's very easy to reach for. Exceptions are Repro1/5 (for more analog sounding stuff) and Pigments (granular.) I usually bounce most things to audio so multiple instances of MSF isn't an issue for me.
i can't really make music

Omnisphere nearly every day

Return to “Instruments”