Wusik Station X 17 GB file download

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just purchased Wusik Station X, but the download of the accompanying file 17 GB is very strange as one mirror site is extremely slow and the other is unstable.

I was wondering if anyone has a fix for this or can share with me the 17 GB file for Wusik Station X if they have it. The first mirror site will take me about a day to download the file (if its connection stays stable; so far, it hasn't.) The second mirror, a Google drive connection tosses me off at about 2.5 GB of the DL.

Is there another answer for this? Can someone perhaps share with me the file (I know this is perhaps a lot to ask)?

Thanks so much!
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

As it turns out, the slow mirror is just as unstable as the fast mirror.

This would seem to be a cautionary tale to try the demo before buying (although at $15, it's not much of a risk,) as the 17 GB file is necessary for the demo as well as the purchased program (from which it stands apart as a separate DL, probably due to the fact that it is used for the Wusik Station X demo and several other programs that Bill offers.)

Not 100% sure, but I think that plugin creator was banned from these forums, and is generally not liked/trusted here, so it mightn’t be likely you’ll get much help…

kvotchin wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:23 pm Not 100% sure, but I think that plugin creator was banned from these forums, and is generally not liked/trusted here, so it mightn’t be likely you’ll get much help…
In the time it takes to download those 17GB, you might get 17 spam emails from them. :(
Avoid.

when i downloaded the sound files for an older version of Wusik Station I used this software to keep connection:

https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

In fact I think it was recommended to use in the instructions I got from Wusik. I just now went to the site and ran the .exe through Virus Total to make sure and it still comes up clean. So I would give it a go.

agharta wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:42 pm
kvotchin wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:23 pm Not 100% sure, but I think that plugin creator was banned from these forums, and is generally not liked/trusted here, so it mightn’t be likely you’ll get much help…
In the time it takes to download those 17GB, you might get 17 spam emails from them. :(
Avoid.
Thanks for the comments; I've got a couple of messages out to him, so hopefully my experience is better.

We'll see, I guess.

Octave_Jumper wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:27 pm when i downloaded the sound files for an older version of Wusik Station I used this software to keep connection:

https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

In fact I think it was recommended to use in the instructions I got from Wusik. I just now went to the site and ran the .exe through Virus Total to make sure and it still comes up clean. So I would give it a go.
Thanks for this. I've DLed it and if/when my current download of the 17 GB file fails again, I'll use it on my next attempt.

I did manage to DL the file with Free Download Manager (which worked really great and even kept the speed up to "respectable" and without a single break. Thanks to Octave Jumper for this suggestion.)

However, I can't get the app to do anything. The Browser will not show any content of any sort and presets do not load. I did get it to accept a few samples, but when I loaded three layers, it crashed and would not reload without continuing to crash.

This is such a shame. It does look like it is a really cool synth "in potentiam." And it looks like it probably would have filled the niche I was looking to fill, particularly because it accepts wave files. I do have Korg Wavestation, but that it limited to its sample set. I'm hesitating on Korg Wavestate due to its price ($200: *OUCH*) and the fact that it appears that one is limited to the original, but newly developed, sample set for the Wavestate (I could be in error here, but I don't think so. Please do correct me if I am in error.) How often does Korg have a sale?

I do feel very badly for William. I don't know exactly what his personal story is, but the little that I've picked up is sad. As a saxophonist, I know of one very gifted mouthpiece maker who did beautiful work who kind of went this way (and it seems, at least in part, for the same mental reason) and it was heartbreaking to watch.

Hi

I have been buying stuff from him for as long as I can remember (15-20 years?) and I have always found it to be: 1) stable on whatever set up I had (have) at the time and 2) great value for money. The multiple files that require downloading and then installing can be a bit of a drag, but I don't have a bad word to say about him - we have all got our crosses to bear...
Once you get sorted I think you will find the VSTI much fun!

Giving my email address to Wuzik to get a free copy of Wuzik DL Looper was a giant mistake.

Despite multiple requests to unsubscribe from his marketing emails (spam), I still get emails about Wuzik. Something about changing email clients or whatever and using that as a excuse to spam, despite opting out multiple times.

Horrible developer.

original flipper wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:11 pm Hi

I have been buying stuff from him for as long as I can remember (15-20 years?) and I have always found it to be: 1) stable on whatever set up I had (have) at the time and 2) great value for money. The multiple files that require downloading and then installing can be a bit of a drag, but I don't have a bad word to say about him - we have all got our crosses to bear...
Once you get sorted I think you will find the VSTI much fun!
Thanks for the reply.

No, I don't think badly of William at all and, yes, we do have issues come into our lives. I am extremely sensitive to experiences of this nature in others. Well said, sir.

But, I am not having any luck with Wusik Station X. The strangest part is that there is no browser at all: the window is just blank with no "tree" at all:
Wusik browser.jpg
I do wonder if the overall stability would be better if I could get this straightened out.

Another issue is that the stand-alone tells me that I'm running a demo and no saving is allowed (yet, I paid for it) and I can not figure out how to register it , if that is what is needed:
Wusik demo notice.jpg
I can't find anything on the site (which appears newly redone, but I'm not sure) to show me how to do this though the window telling me that I'm running a demo directs to look on the site for this info. Would you happen to have any ideas as you might have experience with this? The purchase does show up in my account on Bill's site.

A gentleman on another site who did beta testing and patches for Bill told me that he couldn't get Wusik Station X running on his test machine either; I do not seem to be alone in my travails.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think I have most Wusik vsts apart from Wusik Station X, so I can't offer any advice specifically on that. However, as far as I recall (and I may be wrong), he doesn't use any copy protection, so you might need the 'official' installer instead of the demo installer. Have you emailed him about these issues? I've had extended communications with him in the past in order to fix bugs and glitches and he's been good about patching his product. Hopefully he can get you sorted, but you might need to be patient.

If you can't get it working you should ask him for an older version of Wusik Station, and hopefully that will work.

Octave_Jumper wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:02 am I think I have most Wusik vsts apart from Wusik Station X, so I can't offer any advice specifically on that. However, as far as I recall (and I may be wrong), he doesn't use any copy protection, so you might need the 'official' installer instead of the demo installer. Have you emailed him about these issues? I've had extended communications with him in the past in order to fix bugs and glitches and he's been good about patching his product. Hopefully he can get you sorted, but you might need to be patient.

If you can't get it working you should ask him for an older version of Wusik Station, and hopefully that will work.
I used the installer that I downloaded from my account, so I think it should be "official" installer (as opposed to the "demo" installer.) Perhaps the window just wasn't removed. I'll email him about this before I try to save anything.

Again, thanks for the help. I did get Wusik Station X (WSX) to recognize the installed sounds file by creating and installing a separate folder outside of "Program Files" and reinstalling WSX. The browser seems fine now.

Octave_Jumper wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:02 am I think I have most Wusik vsts apart from Wusik Station X, so I can't offer any advice specifically on that. However, as far as I recall (and I may be wrong), he doesn't use any copy protection, so you might need the 'official' installer instead of the demo installer. Have you emailed him about these issues? I've had extended communications with him in the past in order to fix bugs and glitches and he's been good about patching his product. Hopefully he can get you sorted, but you might need to be patient.

Thanks for this comment especially, OJ; I did get a message from Bill and said that it was likely that he made the wrong file available to me. He's going to check it out tomorrow.

I rec'd the correct file from Bill this morning and so far, so good. It appears that all is working as it should (within, of course, the limited scope that I've been able to check.) I've got access to the presets and other files from within Wusik Station X.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions! They were a big help.

Return to “Instruments”