Allomerus - The End of All Tales

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Allomerus - The End of All Tales

Back to Prog Rock with this Instrumental track.
John Wegner: Guitar, Bass & Synths
Paul Wegner: Drums & Percussion

https://youtu.be/GMfIJiVSRoA
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Nice cinematic vibe here and the video makes one immediately create a story line.
The breaks are tasty and bring some nice dynamics.

This would be excellent in a film. :tu:

Lovely video!
I agree with PA, very cinematic musical score.
Fabulous work, J and P!!!
Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation!!!
Rene

PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:48 am Nice cinematic vibe here and the video makes one immediately create a story line.

Thanks Patch! I wouldn't mind doing film music, so it's nice to read your comment.
Bandcamp

I liked the format of alternating between quiet sections and the main theme. I enjoyed all of the quiet sections.

I found the main theme good but a little repetitive possibly because the melody has no rests. It reminds of something composed on a stylophone.

Good work overall. :tu:

The video first conveys a sunrise in a winter landscape. Everything seems a bit spooky :scared: .
When the song "then starts", the day starts, so to speak - and brings in a kind of hectic activity.

The alternation between quiet parts and the melody parts with synthesizer are very nicely
chosen. If you look at the video in between, you get pretty cold: only snow and forest. But
wait: A lonely person is walking through the forest. And then there is this monster: A landed
spaceship or just a blast furnace?

The drums sound really good. From the timing fluctuations in the tom transitions you can hear
that they were obviously recorded live on the drum set?

Both the song and the video are pretty impressive! :clap:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Frantz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:34 am I liked the format of alternating between quiet sections and the main theme. I enjoyed all of the quiet sections.

I found the main theme good but a little repetitive possibly because the melody has no rests. It reminds of something composed on a stylophone.

Good work overall. :tu:
Thanks Frantz. re: the melody. I guess that is the point of the main sections, it's the feeling of no rest for the wicked!
Bandcamp

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:15 am Lovely video!
I agree with PA, very cinematic musical score.
Fabulous work, J and P!!!
Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation!!!
Rene
Thanks Rene. Your comments are always a joy to read.
Bandcamp

I enjoyed this. I liked the contrasting quiet and rhythmic passages. The rhythm section was excellent throughout, and the timing of the start of each section was right on the money. I'm assuming this was put together in a DAW, and not via tape punch-ins :)

I liked the doubled 'tron/guitar melodies. They reminded me of something from the early '70s, maybe Yes, but I can't put my finger on it at the moment.

I think I can hear the SY-1000 on the quiet sections.

I loved the "hazy" effect at the beginning of the video.

Good work :)

very nice track.

enroe wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:56 am The video first conveys a sunrise in a winter landscape. Everything seems a bit spooky :scared: .
When the song "then starts", the day starts, so to speak - and brings in a kind of hectic activity.

The alternation between quiet parts and the melody parts with synthesizer are very nicely
chosen. If you look at the video in between, you get pretty cold: only snow and forest. But
wait: A lonely person is walking through the forest. And then there is this monster: A landed
spaceship or just a blast furnace?

The drums sound really good. From the timing fluctuations in the tom transitions you can hear
that they were obviously recorded live on the drum set?

Both the song and the video are pretty impressive! :clap:
Thanks enroe. I really appreciate you comment. I really like Paul's drumming, he knows how to play to set up the feeling of a track as opposed to keeping a rigid beat. That's the joy of real drumming. Each section was one take too!
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:30 am
PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:48 am Nice cinematic vibe here and the video makes one immediately create a story line.

Thanks Patch! I wouldn't mind doing film music, so it's nice to read your comment.
Yea man, you and me both. :tu:

Cool! Nice video and soundtrack. I liked the dynamic composition and arrangement. Sounds good.

Great stuff as always. Minimoog on the main lead? The breakdowns were perfectly spaces to give the track just enough variety. The main melody is very memorable, which is rare for a prog instrumental. But I'll be humming this one all day.

:tu: :tu:

Took me on a trip, I like the live drums in there and nice synth work.

Return to “Music Cafe”