Flower Child Filter and Analog Distortion public beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

and would be nice to eliminate some pops when changing filters

Noted. And I will keep that in mind for all my products moving forward. No clicks allowed.

Architeuthis wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:41 pm I'm gaining an ability to spit out VSTs with not much effort. Would you care to have an interim / provisional GUI-less / free VSTs that feature a few of my filters? so at least you have something.

What features would you want (which are practical for GUI-less)?

First and foremost I make plugins I need for my own music. This would be useful to me to have a few VST plugins/filters that I can officially support... so then it's not abandonware or never updated or something, so you can use it in your projects and know that you can get support for it if you need.
GUI-less VSTs would be absolutely awesome. Just cutoff, resonance, ADSR, and drive would be enough. Velocity control for cutoff would be a luxury. :hyper:

yes:

Cutoff, Resonance, Noise, Bleed, (edit: NOT nose bleed!) Bleed Filter LPF, Bleed Filter HPF, Clip,Velocity, Midi Input Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release, Bleed, Clip, Midi Input

no:

envelope follower
sidechain

wait a minute, I bet I could design my own nice-sounding envelope follower. Well, that's what the bleed is, it's basically an envelpoe follower, more specifically the input modulating cutoff various amounts.

Architeuthis wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:09 am yes:

Cutoff, Resonance, Noise, Bleed, (edit: NOT nose bleed!) Bleed Filter LPF, Bleed Filter HPF, Clip,Velocity, Midi Input Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release, Bleed, Clip, Midi Input

no:

envelope follower
sidechain

wait a minute, I bet I could design my own nice-sounding envelope follower. Well, that's what the bleed is, it's basically an envelpoe follower, more specifically the input modulating cutoff various amounts.
Oh man, that sounds awesome. That's a bunch of features actually. The audio demos are absolutely bananas, hope you get the chance to put it together.

oops bleed listed twice, i just really like bleed.

yeah ill maybe do 3 or 4 variants so Flower Child will have

clean, hot, fuzz, scream

I don't want to give too much away, maybe there can be a community vote on a few more filters and/or variants. For example, sawtooth resonator for extreme fuzz, sinusoidal resonator for extreme bubblyness, both of those could have variants as well. Superlove HP and BP filter for extreme scream, Superlove LP for the best bass filter. Or a multiharmonic filter like I demonstrated earlier.

Randomly today I thought of the original FMD thread and came to see what's what. Unfortunately those sound demos are down but I still think about the alien filters some times. So cool to hear something that's not just another Moog emulation.

For me, gui-less is no problem, and the only controls I need in a filter are cutoff, resonance, drive, and type/topology. Although your noise control was unique and interesting. Many DAWs can modulate plugins, so I personally wouldn't need modulation. I'm just interested in the DSP and the filter types.

There is also a lot of fun to be had with dual peak filters, or filters that seamlessly morph between HP/LP/BP. The eurorack module Xaoc Belgrad comes to mind with dual peaks and its strange self/cross modulation. Mutable Blades has both parallel/serial routing and morphable filters, for example. Also would be interested in filter types/sloped that didn't exist in the filter they're based on. What if a Polivoks was a HP/BP, that kind of thing. There's so many cool possibilities beyond building a slightly more accurate ladder filter!

Hey, sorry for lack of updates, dealing with medical issues, that's why there's sudden silence.

One important thing to say about FMD: The noise/random/chaos knob is getting removed in the future. Err... well, more specifically, Chaos knob will become Noise knob (noise only!) and not chaotic. The chaotic knob was meant to dial in emulated chaos, but some versions of FMD only have filter models that have NO CHAOS and it's actually noise, but the knob is still marked chaos.

That being said, I am removing the Chaos knob and instead will make multiple versions of a filter model, kinda like if you were to make a new model for a few chaos settings. The chaos settings on some of my filter models are LEGIT CHAOS, not just noise. So yeah...

this filter is so brutal.
🇷🇺

Looks like they stopped , Soundemote website is nowhere to be found
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:54 pm Looks like they stopped , Soundemote website is nowhere to be found
Highly unfortunate. They were working on some pretty unique and usable synths and things. I bought the synths in a bundle at one point. They are still working, good thing because I enjoy working with them. Hopefully their tech is being put to use in some products somewhere, somehow...

The Flower Child downloads on page 1 are both still working, but the website is gone. Maybe they just forgot to pay the rent on their site this month :shrug: Such a shame if it's all over.

NO! SCREW YOU IM NOT DEAD

I'm returning this month. I will never die, nyahahaha!

*two hours later*

*dead* :violin:
Last edited by Architeuthis on Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Architeuthis wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:16 am NO! SCREW YOU IM NOT DEAD

:tu:

Architeuthis wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:16 am NO! SCREW YOU IM NOT DEAD

You are but a mere 404.

Return to “Effects”