Acustica Audio introduces Aquamarine 5, the 'Hyper' upgrade of the mastering compressor monster

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We did it again...

We have taken the Aquamarine compressor to a whole new level by adding significant new features that make this product even more accurate and upgrading it to our latest 'Hyper' technology.

What's new in Aquamarine5?

• Improved audio quality thanks to the oversampling inside the compressor.
• New 'Hyper' engine.
• New Input - Output - GR meters with numerical values.
• Numerical value parameters of the compressor.
• Various optimizations and graphical improvements.
• New additional buttons (Bypass LR and DELTA) to the compressor.
• New SATU knob on compressor (Range: 0, +24 dB).
• Bypass button added to the Aquamarine EQ.
• Resizable interface (for both Comp and EQ)*
*Choose between 3 magnification values (1x - 1.5x - 2x) from the left ▼SIZE drop-down menu.
Once the desired size has been selected, the plugin must be removed and re-loaded to apply the changes. This action affects the currently selected plugin. New instances of the same plugin will open with this magnification.

What you get

The mastering compressor you always wanted.

Aquamarine5 is a high-end mastering and mixing plugin suite ideal for all musical genres thanks to its extended versatility.

It includes a monster compressor that we sampled from one of the most highly regarded units on the market featuring a smooth and warm sounding Opto comp section and a super punchy, discrete VCA-style dynamic processor which can go from a subtle 1.2:1 ratio - for a gentle dynamic massage - to savage 'Flood' limiting, for more creative compression effects.
The discrete VCA section can invariably suit many different scenarios, plus the attack time has been exaggerated to reach almost zero. Aquamarine also features a high-pass filter allowing you to control the compressor's response to bass frequencies, and a mix control which builds on the original unit's functionality by providing onboard parallel compression.

Aquamarine 5 Mastering Compressor

A 'brand new' vintage passive EQ from the 1950s.

Aquamarine5 features an astoundingly precise recreation of an American ultra-rare passive equalizer from the 1950s.
And when we say 'ultra-rare,' we say it for a reason. The owner of this unit, which we sampled in Berlin, explained how only a few of these beasts - possibly less than 5 - can still be found in good working order. We don't know what the others sound like compared to the one we are bringing you this time and if they present any differences due to component variations or maintenance. What we know, though, is that the DNA of Aquamarine's EQ is the exact same one as its hardware counterpart, and we like to consider it a tribute to this iconic piece of engineering.

Aquamarine 5 Vintage Passive EQ

New Hyper engine

Our standard compressors run at 22kHz regardless of sample rate or oversampling; this implies that the reduction, attack, and release curves are not calculated for every sample but for every 'n' samples, where 'n' depends on the sample rate. For example, on fast transients, the input level is evaluated correctly; however, the reduction is calculated after 'n' samples, so the signal containing the transient is not compressed in time, and the transient "escapes" compression.

This new Hyper compression tech calculates the amount of compression and the attack and release curves at each sample, so compression is applied immediately and no longer after 'n' samples.
The speed of these new compressors can be further increased by oversampling while keeping the power consumption at 1/12th of our standard compressors.

In this suite, you can appreciate our 'Hyper preamplification technology'. It significantly improves the standard of current preamplifier emulations, offering the highest possible audio quality, precision and low CPU consumption (keeping CPU consumption between 1/3rd and 1/2nd of our standard preamps), taking full advantage of the extraordinary potential of our VVK technology. The quality of these new preamplifiers can be further increased by oversampling, while keeping CPU consumption the same as our previous preamplifiers, but sounding much better in all respects.

Technical information:

• Supported formats: VST2, VST3, AAX, and AU.
• All sample rates available.
• Windows 10 and 11 compatible.
• macOS 10.15, 11, and 12 compatible.
• Intel, AMD, and Silicon M computer compatible.
• AAX Silicon Native.

Price and availability

Introductory price: €89 | 55% OFF until March 1st, 2023 (reg. price €199). Buy Now

*This upgrade is free for current Aquamarine owners.
The update should be available in the Aquarius 'Updates' section.

The product is at an introductory period for the first four weeks after release or until the first official version is released; this implies that the product may receive improvements, changes, or fixes available through Aquarius Desktop updates during that time.

Try our FREE 30-Day Trial
Please remember that trials expire 30 days after authorization, and we strongly recommend not using trial products in commercial sessions or any important project.

Aquamarine5 user's manual

Aquamarine5 webpage: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pr ... aquamarine
Last edited by Acustica Community on Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yet another half assed update from Acustica. No hyperized EQ or preamp. Pretty pathetic that they wouldn't update all the components.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake. AA clarified that all parts are hyper.
Last edited by TBlake on Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TBlake wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:15 pm Yet another half assed update from Acustica. No hyperized EQ or preamp. Pretty pathetic that they wouldn't update all the components.
You dont know what you are talking about.

For those interested your best source of details is the Tiger thread on GS.

Hyper :dog: :lol:
It's just a good old algo...

plexuss wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:35 pm
TBlake wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:15 pm Yet another half assed update from Acustica. No hyperized EQ or preamp. Pretty pathetic that they wouldn't update all the components.
You dont know what you are talking about.
What I was talking about is how they only hyperized the comp, not the EQ or the preamp.
Does that clear it up for you???

AA's "Hyper" tech is only relevant to their compressors. I know Frost claims to have Hyper EQ but there is no mention anywhere on why Hyper is wrt EQ. AA describes Hyper as being a solution to their ongoing compressor issues.

plexuss wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:55 pm AA's "Hyper" tech is only relevant to their compressors. I know Frost claims to have Hyper EQ but there is no mention anywhere on why Hyper is wrt EQ. AA describes Hyper as being a solution to their ongoing compressor issues.
You don't know what you're talking about. AA has promised their new hyper tech for all components in their products. So far they've only delivered the compressors for a few of them instead of the entire suites. Hence my comment. Think before you run your mouth.

lol... you can lead them to water but you can't make them drink
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

TBlake wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:37 pm
plexuss wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:55 pm AA's "Hyper" tech is only relevant to their compressors. I know Frost claims to have Hyper EQ but there is no mention anywhere on why Hyper is wrt EQ. AA describes Hyper as being a solution to their ongoing compressor issues.
You don't know what you're talking about. AA has promised their new hyper tech for all components in their products. So far they've only delivered the compressors for a few of them instead of the entire suites. Hence my comment. Think before you run your mouth.
I'm so sorry you fell for the marketing hype. I hope you can work through it. All the best.

And I hope you can learn some humility in defeat.

Hyper is the new tech for other things than only compressor. you have Hyper Preamp, Hyper Saturation, Hyper Compression,... the recent Tulip Channel stip have newly sampled console preamp that have the HyperTech meaning you can drive them more to distortion and sound better.
Musician/Composer/Mixer based in Montreal, Canada. Acustica Audio Nebula / Acustica Audio Tulip, Rust, Sienna. Latest mix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTQmE7S-ZM

Plajia wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:22 pm Hyper is the new tech for other things than only compressor. you have Hyper Preamp, Hyper Saturation, Hyper Compression,... the recent Tulip Channel stip have newly sampled console preamp that have the HyperTech meaning you can drive them more to distortion and sound better.
I havent seen any detailed description of how their "Hyper" works for anything but compressors, where "Hyper" is specifically tied to parameters unique to compressors, plus oversampling. What is "Hyper" when it comes to their EQs and Pre's? Any official description links you can share? All I could find was "oversampling". if it is just oversampling for EQs and Pre's then I stand by my original post because then Aquamarine 5 would be fully "Hyper".

plexuss wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:01 am
Plajia wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:22 pm Hyper is the new tech for other things than only compressor. you have Hyper Preamp, Hyper Saturation, Hyper Compression,... the recent Tulip Channel stip have newly sampled console preamp that have the HyperTech meaning you can drive them more to distortion and sound better.
I havent seen any detailed description of how their "Hyper" works for anything but compressors, where "Hyper" is specifically tied to parameters unique to compressors, plus oversampling. What is "Hyper" when it comes to their EQs and Pre's? Any official description links you can share? All I could find was "oversampling". if it is just oversampling for EQs and Pre's then I stand by my original post because then Aquamarine 5 would be fully "Hyper".
You're just plain wrong. Maybe you shouldn't issue such declarative statements if you haven't seen all the info?? Give that a try before running off at the mouth about shit you're only half informed on.

TBlake wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:17 am

You're just plain wrong. Maybe you shouldn't issue such declarative statements if you haven't seen all the info?? Give that a try before running off at the mouth about shit you're only half informed on.
Dude/tte. Calm down are you on meth? Relax.

From what I can see, AA's Hyper tech is basically oversampling. Aquamarine 5 has oversampling on both the compressor and EQ. Further there are some additional aspects to Hyper as it applies to compressors which are apparently implemented in Aquamarine 5. So, with that, Aquamarine 5 is fully Hyper and your original post indicates you dont know what you are talking about.

Provide information... that either confirms or denys. So far all you've done is complain and be rude. Or, better yet, go away.

All I did was express an opinion. You don't like my opinion?? Too bad, foe me. Instead you double down on some bullshit theory of your own that Hyper is just oversampling. I'm not standing for it. Provide some proof that it's just oversampling or go away.

Return to “Effects”