Wave Alchemy Glow - AMS RMX 16 Plugin - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First rule of dev on a forum - have kindness, quality product and a thick skin (achieved)

Second rule - not all interactions with posters will be entirely useful.

Demos sound great and the price is right, but I can’t spring for another reverb right now.

Will be downloading Triaz native on day one, though.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

The dev:.. "Not meaning to cause a debate here..."
Pretty obvious what his goal was,
because you couldn't expect a reply with enthusiasm for the plugin and every dev has at least one fanboy, whether widely known or not.
I know Wave Alchemy, I know the brand or company name, neither I have any WA plugin, nor was I ever tempted to try one, there are simply a very lot of plugins and a very lot of devs and you pick what is the most appealing to you.
I was thinking about purchasing Inhalt, but then the smarter part of my brain said/asked "don't I already have a lot of reverbs?!"

revvy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:40 pm
My apologies for going off topic, but did the WA guys mention when (approximately) this one will be released? Man, I can't wait.

RichN wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:32 pm
My apologies for going off topic, but did the WA guys mention when (approximately) this one will be released? Man, I can't wait.
Think they said Q1 of 2023.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

As far as I can remember, these guys built their reputation making drum sample libraries and then wavetable packs, no?

And now they want us to believe that they can build VST plugins that rival companies that have been around for decades?

Hmm, sorry, but I've seen this happen quite a few times over the years (and fell for it a few times), and usually after a couple of years, no-one is talking about this "amazing" plugin anymore.

Congrats if you manage to prove me wrong, but I won't be downloading this one

revvy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:34 pm
RichN wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:32 pm
Think they said Q1 of 2023.
OK, thanks.

_al_ wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:50 pm As far as I can remember, these guys built their reputation making drum sample libraries and then wavetable packs, no?

And now they want us to believe that they can build VST plugins that rival companies that have been around for decades?

Hmm, sorry, but I've seen this happen quite a few times over the years (and fell for it a few times), and usually after a couple of years, no-one is talking about this "amazing" plugin anymore.

Congrats if you manage to prove me wrong, but I won't be downloading this one
Oh I see, drum samples, I think drum samples were used way more 12- 25 years ago, I don't know anyone who still uses audio drum loops today (their website shows a lot of sample packs with lots of drum loops) and there are also some companies who offer subscriptions to download and use thousands of samples from a cloud now afaik.
So it's comprehensible why they try to expand their product range.

DCrown wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:00 pm ...I don't know anyone who still uses audio drum loops today...
I do. Sometimes.

DCrown wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:00 pm

Oh I see, drum samples, I think drum samples were used way more 12- 25 years ago, I don't know anyone who still uses audio drum loops today (their website shows a lot of sample packs with lots of drum loops) and there are also some companies who offer subscriptions to download and use thousands of samples from a cloud now afaik.
So it's comprehensible why they try to expand their product range.
Actually, I didn't even know they did loops lol.
I just remember some well respected drum hits packs from them, and then later, some massive wavetable pack that had like 40,000 wavetables or something :lol:

Can't seem to find that wavetable pack on their site though :o
And honestly... at that point, I had a lot of respect for the company!

But to be fair... I'm probably being a little bit harsh. they haven't used any gimmicky marketing like "revolutionary IR technology" or "next level anal logging" or anything, so I should probably not have even commented.

I just get a bit annoyed when all the fanbois start getting excited, and I start thinking it must be an instabuy etc...

Anyway, good luck Wave Alchemy!

A company that is most well known for Kontakt drum machines, Bass Synth, and drum hit samples, announces it’s going to release a native version of their most recent Kontakt drum machine, and releases a couple of reasonably priced IR/ DSP reverbs that come with demo versions.

There really is no controversy and as far as I’m aware minimal or no focus on fking drum loops.

Fanbois? JFC.

(Sorry Dan).

This thread has at least provided me with more idiots to block.

:scared: wondering if I’m one of those blocked idiots :scared:

revvy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:27 pm :scared: wondering if I’m one of those blocked idiots :scared:
You are.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:40 pm
revvy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:27 pm :scared: wondering if I’m one of those blocked idiots :scared:
You are.
Thank goodness.

Return to “Effects”