Wave Alchemy Glow - AMS RMX 16 Plugin - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

_al_ wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:50 pm As far as I can remember, these guys built their reputation making drum sample libraries and then wavetable packs, no?

And now they want us to believe that they can build VST plugins that rival companies that have been around for decades?

Hmm, sorry, but I've seen this happen quite a few times over the years (and fell for it a few times), and usually after a couple of years, no-one is talking about this "amazing" plugin anymore.

Congrats if you manage to prove me wrong, but I won't be downloading this one
Well Universal Audio was once just building outboard gear, when they started releasing plugins they weren’t judged by how long they had been releasing plugins they were judged by the sound of the plugins. I know it’s crazy to judge plugins based on how they sound around here, but that’s usually the best way to go.

GLOW is a really good-great sounding reverb plugin. Instantly sits in a mix very well without a lot of tinkering and messing about. I would say as a AMS RMX 16 clone it does the job very well, and the smoothing/ducking feature is awesome. If I was starting my rig over and was looking for a workhorse reverb, this would definitely be top 3 for me.

_al_ wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:50 pm As far as I can remember, these guys built their reputation making drum sample libraries and then wavetable packs, no?

And now they want us to believe that they can build VST plugins that rival companies that have been around for decades?

Hmm, sorry, but I've seen this happen quite a few times over the years (and fell for it a few times), and usually after a couple of years, no-one is talking about this "amazing" plugin anymore.

Congrats if you manage to prove me wrong, but I won't be downloading this one
We have indeed created some well-regarded drum sample libraries in the past (we have never created a library of wavetables - that's incorrect).

But I'm not sure what drum samples has to do with creating audio plugins? Are you indicating that a company that is well regarded for audio recording and sound design, cannot create good plugins? If so, why or how do you think this would be the case? Genuinely curious on your thoughts here :D

Members of our programing team have worked on several very large audio plugin projects in the past for other companies, some of which you will most definitely be aware of. We also created Hybrid Keys and Analog Dreams for Native Instruments, as well as many other projects together with Apple, Roland etc.

Any company has the potential to make make great audio plugins. All it takes is a good idea, dedication, an obsession with sound quality and audio, and to hire a number of really good programmers / DSP developers and manage everyone well. Over the past year alone we've spent way over six figures on native plugin development, and this is just the start.

I'm not sure who you are comparing us to when you said 'rival developers', but we haven't studied or researched any other software developer whilst making any of our plugins. The goal of Glow is to to give you the sound of the iconic RMX reverb, in native VST / AU / AAX format, at a great price, with a bunch of extra DSP and features we think are very useful and take it further than the original. And we think we have achieved this remarkably well. Glow sounds identical to me as to the vintage hardware RMX at the same settings, and if you don't think that's the case, feel free to have a go at the A/B test in this thread, which makes use of Glow and our personal RMX unit.

Or, you can of course simply download the 14-day Glow demo. If that still doesn't satisfy you, then you are welcome to come to our studio, anytime and we can test against the original unit :tu: "
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

revvy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:27 pm :scared: wondering if I’m one of those blocked idiots :scared:
Nah, I can still see your posts :) Just wondering why all these trolls are popping out of the woodwork? Wave Alchemy are good guys ffs.

Hi mate

I don't really visit this site much, as I seem to remember it turning into Snowflake Central, but as you are the dev and I called you out, I will give you the dignity of a reply:

wave alchemy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:15 pm We have indeed created some well-regarded drum sample libraries in the past (we have never created a library of wavetables - that's incorrect).
Ok that's my mistake, and I apologise.
Clearly mixing you up with someone else (maybe Cytomic? Not sure).
Though I'm surprised that the people quoting me didn't clear that one up, as I remember it getting quite a lot of attention on here.

wave alchemy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:15 pm But I'm not sure what drum samples has to do with creating audio plugins? Are you indicating that a company that is well regarded for audio recording and sound design, cannot create good plugins? If so, why or how do you think this would be the case? Genuinely curious on your thoughts here :D
Well my opinion is that some people are good at making samples, some at presets, some at plugins.
As far as I remember, you are good at making samples, so in my mind, the chance of you ALSO suddenly being good enough at plugin design to rival people who have been sweating that task for decades...
Now I'm NOT saying that your plugin is bad. Let me make that clear.
I was simply expressing my annoyance, that I came here, saw that you had released a reverb, and then, as I expected, I start reading posts from people saying "this will be in my top 3 reverbs" etc, etc

And this response was exactly what I predicted because you are a popular company.

However... it's these responses that have caused me to part with good money in the past and end up regretting it lol

And for the record, I purposely refrained from writing this opinion on your FB ad, because I knew that it had more potential to harm your business, and that was never my intention :hug:

So to summarize... I have much respect for your company, and even stated in my earlier post that I probably shouldn't have commented (which will obviously be ignored by the people quoting me)

If it turns out that you ARE actually a top notch VST developer as well as sample provider, then I take my hat off to you and wish you the best of luck. :hug:
I have no need for another IR verb at this stage, but I'll be watching to see how this pans out!

To all you other guys quoting me, I don't visit KVR often, so you are just messing up his thread lol. Accept my apology and let it go. :phones:

Mr Arkadin wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:55 pm
revvy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:27 pm :scared: wondering if I’m one of those blocked idiots :scared:
Nah, I can still see your posts :) Just wondering why all these trolls are popping out of the woodwork? Wave Alchemy are good guys ffs.
Weird AF right? And yes, anyone who’s ever interacted with WA over email or is awaiting the free native Triaz cross grade would agree with the good guys part.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I’ve done an unsponsored review of Glow if anyone prefers not to watch paid promotions.

https://youtu.be/DVJxpvOAvEc

Just found (while browsing the new site) I bought more products than I thought.

Apparently I bought myself Drumvolution on some drunken New Year's eve.

Never downloaded it :)

Harry Slate wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:16 pm I’ve done an unsponsored review of Glow if anyone prefers not to watch paid promotions.

Oh the irony..

LOOK AT ME!! YOOOOOOOO FELLOW REDDITORS!!! LOOK AT ME I'M EDGY AS f**k!!!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

It's nice to see a presentation style that is so different from the commercially-friendly synthfluencers Harry is criticising. The timing bug demos are quick, clear and informative; this is high-effort stuff compared to the usual Youtuber drive-by deposits we get.

No idea how accurate it is but it sounds satisfyingly oldschool and I appreciate the large unfussy interface (Classic Black best theme). I don't find the Flux control very useful, and the gate gets confused with sounds that have longer release times, but those are my only gripes.

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:40 pm Wave Alchemy makes great stuff all around!
I agree with this and would add that they have great customer service as well.

Their drum samples are excellent and wide ranging. I think they have a good ear (and equipment) for sound quality.

Not wishing to knock or oversimplify - but an IR based reverb is in many ways also a Sample based tool - so I expect their skills will transfer well.

I wish them well in making plugins. A native Triaz plug in is exciting and makes a lot of sense to me.

Harry Slate wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:16 pm I’ve done an unsponsored review of Glow if anyone prefers not to watch paid promotions.

Quality, comprehensibility, and brevity like this is rare. Well done! (ok i’ll stop with the meat puns.)

Any updates on the expanded FX section? All the other WA reverbs already have it.
https://wayford.gumroad.com/

Amethyst for ANA 2 coming very soon!

Return to “Effects”