Relab Development LX480 Essential: is it worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The former slutz are hyperventilating on the
Relab Development LX480 Essentials
https://relabdevelopment.com/
Here it's pretty calm about it.
Question:
Is it worth 35 bucks?
What's your opinion?

It's a no-brainer, imo.

Yeah, definitely. Unless you’d prefer the full version then by all means…

the best thing you can buy
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 11 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 13 / VEP7 / 24 ch X-Touch / Console 1 /Metagrid Pro / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 / Roli Seabord

Yes, but be warned that this plugin may cause some side effects like sudden lust for the complete version.

If you don’t have a very good Lexicon reverb and want a very good Lexicon reverb, it’s an easy $35 to spend.

I think $99 is overpriced, though. Regular price should be $49 or $59.

Good question! A much slimmed-down version of the big LX 480. "Essentials" is nothing new - it's been around for over a year and you got it for free when you bought some Relab plug-ins. Now you can also buy it separately for a little money.
Apparently the "Essentials" were not that interesting, at least I don't remember it being mentioned often in context with other good reverbs?

Be warned though: no Mix Lock feature at the moment. So you'd definitely want to use it on a send. Soundwise, it's excellent though, even with the limited control set.

I’m drowning in reverbs over here and this one piqued my interest. It sounds very nice! I didn’t buy (yet), but that full version has grabbed my attention.

It sounds great, the workflow is fast and simple, and the price is right. Whats not to love?

Thanks for your advice, just bought it... :tu:

Sale is here again... thanks for the discussion I'm pulling the trigger ;)

Edit: it helps that TimeShaper 3 is coming along with it for free as well :hihi:
In the future there will be robots!

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:25 pm Thanks for your advice, just bought it... :tu:
Time flies: meanwhile I've upgraded to Complete version and am satisfied :tu:

Imo Essential is great, just throw it on a signal and it sounds great, never even thought of upgrading.
Full version has too many distracting options that could slow down my workflow and for sure higher on cpu.

With Essentials, does Relab ever do sales with discounted upgrade to the full version? I'm thinking about picking this up on sale at AudioDeluxe but curious if it may lead to getting a good price on the full version later.

Return to “Effects”