Studio One 6

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Trensharo wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:56 am If you only need Stereo I/O, you should use Windows Audio (WASAPI) over ASIO4ALL.
I tried WASAPI yesterday (once again). And, once again, I had issues with it. In between, every 10 or 20 seconds, there was a massive CPU spike, with controls on the screen getting unresponsive (it showed the hourglass symbol for the mouse pointer). Maybe I set the buffer size too low, but, there's only settings in count by tens (10 ms, 20 ms etc.). I'll stick with ASIO4ALL whever I'm too lazy to plug in my audio interface and my monitors, even though it's buggy, at least it doesn't completely mess up.

Presonus support team responded and directed me to do this and solved my problem. Much respect to Presonus and you guys I have a solution and now it works as expected.

An application settings refresh may help to resolve your reported issue so please give that a try...

Go to Help>Open Settings folder.
Copy the contents of the folder over to a new folder on your desktop.
Close S1 and delete the contents of the settings folder with the exception of the user.license file as well as the "Extensions" folder.
** Note: If you're on Presonus Sphere you may not have a user.licence file.
Open S1 and go to Studio One>Options (Preferences on a Mac) to reconfigure your settings.
Test to see if the problem is resolved. If it is not, please feel free to **Close Studio One first** and then copy your settings files back over from the backup that you created in step 2.

*If you are missing presets or Sound Sets after doing this, double-click one of your Sound Sets. They're typically located in Documents > Studio One > Sound Sets by default unless you've placed them in another location.

It works but if I change to full screen same error will pop up. I guess Studio One does not like the size of my desktop.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:09 am
Trensharo wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:56 am If you only need Stereo I/O, you should use Windows Audio (WASAPI) over ASIO4ALL.
I tried WASAPI yesterday (once again). And, once again, I had issues with it. In between, every 10 or 20 seconds, there was a massive CPU spike, with controls on the screen getting unresponsive (it showed the hourglass symbol for the mouse pointer). Maybe I set the buffer size too low, but, there's only settings in count by tens (10 ms, 20 ms etc.). I'll stick with ASIO4ALL whever I'm too lazy to plug in my audio interface and my monitors, even though it's buggy, at least it doesn't completely mess up.
Don't have these issues with WASAPI.

Are your audio drivers even up to date? Old Realtek drivers is pretty common on Windows PC, as they aren't auto-updated by Windows update in the vast majority of cases (so people are often using drivers 2-5+ years old).

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

ikoliks wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:19 pm I have the same trouble with slow rendering on M1 MacBook Pro, however I don't have Shaperbox, it seems like there is something else.
Disabling inserts on the master bus can help with render times.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Upgraded from v4. Needed the video support for work. It works. Apart from that I haven't checked the new goodies.

ikoliks wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:19 pm I have the same trouble with slow rendering on M1 MacBook Pro, however I don't have Shaperbox, it seems like there is something else.
I thought it was just me. Running Studio One 6 on a M1 Pro & it feels like my export/render times have been noticeably longer than in S1 5. I don’t remember it completing at the speed of light but something definitely seemed different after upgrading. Will have to compare to my Windows machine later.

Interesting. I don't know whether it is v6 or just because I am using a different machine but the slow render times I was having on my old laptop, running v5, have not occurred with my new laptop, running v6. I bought the Pro v6 upgrade about 6 weeks ago but I haven't installed it on the old machine yet. Maybe I should, just to test.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/produc ... he-results

Studio One seems to be the 3rd choice DAW, well behind Pro Tools and slightly behind Logic and just slightly ahead of Ableton & Cubase although it would have been interesting if they'd done a purely windows users survey to see what the market share looks like without Logic and its default Apple dominance

Digivolt wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:15 pm https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/produc ... he-results

Studio One seems to be the 3rd choice DAW, well behind Pro Tools and slightly behind Logic and just slightly ahead of Ableton & Cubase although it would have been interesting if they'd done a purely windows users survey to see what the market share looks like without Logic and its default Apple dominance
It looks like a "Pick-a-DAW" survey with not enough data collected. The country data was probably taken from IP addresses. Like many of the comments, I'd like to see favored DAW vs primary DAW (e.g. I used Protools because... Protools.) etc., etc.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

So the #1 DAW chosen by readers of Pro-Tools-Expert.com is Pro Tools?
Huh. Who woulda guessed?
:hihi:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:00 pm So the #1 DAW chosen by readers of Pro-Tools-Expert.com is Pro Tools?
Huh. Who woulda guessed?
Probably most hated too! :)

syntonica wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:41 pm
Digivolt wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:15 pm https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/produc ... he-results

It looks like a "Pick-a-DAW" survey with not enough data collected. The country data was probably taken from IP addresses. Like many of the comments, I'd like to see favored DAW vs primary DAW (e.g. I used Protools because... Protools.) etc., etc.
Seems like it's more professionals taking the survey though
71% of our audience derive either all or some of their income from working in audio
Would be interesting to see the data for those who earn zero income, I bet PT would be nowhere the top

syntonica wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:41 pmIt looks like a "Pick-a-DAW" survey with not enough data collected.
Why? Because it doesn't align with your biases? They lay out their methodology and it seems perfectly sound to me, with a large sample size of more than 6600 respondents. That's 10 times more than any poll here ever gets. They even acknowledge a possible bias towards Pro Tools. You can't get fairer than that.

In this context it works perfectly to illustrate Studio One's comparative popularity amongst professionals. You can extrapolate to suggest that Studio One's development focus is better suited to production professionals, which definitely supports my casual observations.

Of course, that's just one demographic within a broader market and there can be all sorts of reasons for people's choices. e.g. Perhaps more people use ProTools because they are working in a post-production environment that relies heavily on Avid Media Composer, so Pro Tools fits into the pipeline better. And maybe people use Logic more because they have always used Logic, since long before Studio One, Reaper or Live were around? But that doesn't affect the comparative popularity of Studio One against the others which, frankly, is a surprising result but completely believable.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

You may also notice that if you mouse over the "BLOGS" menu on Pro-Tools-Expert.com, you see this this drop down:

PRODUCTION EXPERT
PRO TOOLS EXPERT
STUDIO ONE EXPERT
LOGIC PRO EXPERT

So it's no surprise that Pro Tools, Logic Pro, and Studio One would be the top 3 reader picks.

That's who their audience is. 🧐
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”