Caelum Audio - Opinions...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Some good offers on Caelum Audio products at P Boutique at the moment. Some of their products look interesting and quite different to the 'usual' stuff. Any users/thoughts?

CHEERS
Last edited by bilrobins on Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

their tape plugin is great, theres also a free version and you can try demos

I have and use Tape Pro and Smoov and am looking to get Schlap so thanks for the heads-up. I acutally looked at their site and PB a few days ago to see if there was a sale on but there wasnt. I like their new chrous too, which PB is not selling.

Try the demos, of course.

I never heard of these guys until I tried Choric a few days and love that. Really great sounding chorus effect. Definitely a company to keep an eye on. So demo their stuff and see if you dig it.

Caelum also has a new downloader/license manager in beta. I am using it now to update and offline authorize. That's a nice value-add from any developer! And the UX/UI is pretty good.

Good thing is most plugins can be demoed. Don't rely on someone else's opinion, no one is you and knows what's good for ya, don't rely on a dev's plugin description, it's mainly the purpose of using words or slogans to manipulate you and your buying decision, hard to know what's really under the hood, in most cases its just an equalizer when they give a special feature a voodoo name -- trying to sell a big elephant even tho' it's just a small mouse. Hyper! Hyper !
There are products of developers I sho' nuff won't even demo any more like sonible +-results not satisfactory, PA +- mediocre or Acustica Audio +- always the same, all show and no substance imo
Don't rely on reviews, you never know whether sponsored by a dev or written by dev himself or some pal to manipulate you.
You can easily find out by posting a bad comment, but not insulting! to a YouTube channel vid and don't be surprised if it gets deleted to give all viewers the impression that a video and channel has positive vibe, hype and feedback only. Fake!
Demo! Demo! Let your mind decide and your wallet

Leo1999 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:34 am Good thing is most plugins can be demoed. Don't rely on someone else's opinion

hard to know what's really under the hood, in most cases its just an equalizer when they give a special feature a voodoo name

There are products of developers I sho' nuff won't even demo any more like sonible +-results not satisfactory, PA +- mediocre or Acustica Audio +- always the same, all show and no substance imo
I agree to demo, and that plugins are sometimes just filters with fancy names

although caelum tape does a lot more, it uses convolution as well as algorithms, and its one of the best tape plugins

acustica audio sounds great though, the best sounding analog effects in the box by far (in my opinion), and they definitely don't all sound the same to me, taupe sounds completely different from crimson, for example. and there are tons of 3rd party libraries for nebula like taipei, verona that sound gorgeous. Maybe you mean that each single acustica plugin always sounds the same - as they're convolution they are less flexible, and often subtle, but some like crimson can dial in a range of sounds

I don't use sonible, but PA is not a single developer, its a website selling plugins from many devs, of varying quality, they are generally ok, not amazing, but some of the stuff on there is really good, especially the UA stuff, and it can be had for cheap

Return to “Effects”