Acustica Audio introduces Aquamarine 5, the 'Hyper' upgrade of the mastering compressor monster

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:14 pm Seems to be the case. But, glad we got closer to sorting out what Hyper actually is despite the name calling and anger from some.
Don't forget the gaslighting by others...

I can't be bothered to look it up again (and anyone is free to correct me if I'm wrong), but I believe the way they were describing Hyper for dynamics seemed like it was making some subsystem run at a higher sample rate, it wasn't oversampling using the definition of oversampling we normally use with plugins, but I could see how there could be confusion.

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:22 am I can't be bothered to look it up again (and anyone is free to correct me if I'm wrong), but I believe the way they were describing Hyper for dynamics seemed like it was making some subsystem run at a higher sample rate, it wasn't oversampling using the definition of oversampling we normally use with plugins, but I could see how there could be confusion.
Yes, that is for the compressors. The question was what is Hyper as it applies to pre-s and EQs? So far the explaination is: oversampling. If this is correct then Hyper is oversampling for all modules and further refinements to the compressor. I think it might be possible to catalogue all the details of the compressor refinements from going through Zaphod's posts in the GS Tiger thread. It would be better if AA could put together a clear and detailed explaination of Hyper for each modules with some technical detail.

Will hyper engine make my songs sound like this?

https://youtu.be/75Mw8r5gW8E

Return to “Effects”