Logic Pro vs Pro Tools for Dolby Atmos Mixing

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone!

I'm going to expand my DAW options for Dolby Atmos mixing. I own Ableton Live and am in need of a DAW that can handle Dolby Atmos mixing, and it falls short. I want to know more about Logic Pro and Pro Tools. Can anyone share their experiences and give me a sense of what sets these DAWs apart from one another? Are there any features that are unique to one DAW or another? I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions, any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance and all the best.

Üstün

To decide between the two is easy: Logic!
In terms of innovation, Logic
If you want expensive ignorance, ProTools
ProTools will suck the price of Logic out of you each year, and if you don‘t pay, you can‘t use it anymore.
The best expert for Logic is a KVR member. And Logic has a clip launcher copied from Live.
Every OS update will break ProTools, and will give you the newest Logic for free…
The only drawback is, you are locked to OSX…
There is a free version of ProTools, but that won‘t give you Dolby Atmos.
Edgar even wrote books about how to do Atmos…
http://dingdingmusic.com/-titles-/dolby-atmos-1.html
viewtopic.php?p=8546665#p8546665

Actually, that is the main thing about this topic ((: I just got a bit anxious about the possibility of being stuck somewhere in Logic that Pro Tools could manage, and Logic could not, since it's that expensive you know ((: I'm just talking about Atmos mixing btw, I don't care anything else since I'm super happy with the environment of Ableton

Its more the other way round. You will find a lot that Logic can manage and ProTools cannot… It has always been like that. The only thing Logic or any other DAW cannot handle is open ProTools projects…
The workflows in ProTools are not bad at all, but you need also workarounds for its flaws…

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”