Beta testers wanted for new real time vocal extraction plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
At AudioSourceRE we are currently looking for Beta testers for our new real time vocal extraction plugin; VOXLESS.

To find out more information or sign up to become a Beta tester just visit https://www.audiosourcere.com/voxless-r ... lugin-beta (https://www.audiosourcere.com/voxless-realtime-vocal-extractor-plugin-beta) or email us directly at support@audiosourcere.com (mailto:support@audiosourcere.com)

Count me in!

Do beta testers get a full license, or just a time limited/beta license that expires?
I don't want to add more clutter to my iLok.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Very good plugin!

Installation was smooth.
High stem separation and few artifacts.
VST and Real-time.

Only problem is CPU consumption. I recommended a button Low/Mid/High resolution.

The beta license is only good for a month.
But it will stay in your iLok forever.

Finally was able to use it in real-time and I love it!

I tried it on a couple of tracks. This is one CPU-heavy plugin. On my M1 Pro machine, I had to increase to the largest buffer size to even be able to use it. And the results were mixed. It worked best for removing vocals, ie creating instrumentals. As with many other vocal isolation techniques, the acapella was full of artifacts. Those might not be audible when used in the context of a remix, but Lalal.ai or Moises are way ahead in terms of quality in my opinion.

I'm using an Intel Core i7-7500U CPU 2.70Ghz , 2.90Ghz. Buffer settings at max, and (unfortunately) a single thread session.
It's the Voxless plugin, a couple of EQs and some minor stuff, and it's over the top. Performing any other action will result in a 4 seconds mute. Every other 3 minutes, it does the same 4 seconds mute (even if not touched). I would love a 10% reduction in CPU, with that I could use a more complete session and some spare CPU.
About the Ilok. This computer is non-stationary. Since the Ilok (Cloud) protection asks for an Internet connection each time the DAW initiates, I have to prepare my mobile phone sharing the internet so the Ilok concludes it's authorization. Pretty ridiculous, I would prefer an USB dongle.
However, I want this plugin so bad, that currently I have no alternative.

Forgot to add that my session is at 48KHz. The plugin runs at 44.1KHz with resampling. I would love 48kHz support.

After someone confirmed to me that the iLok license expires after a month, I decided not to bother signing up for the beta.

Just found a more serious issue.
Because the plugin is resampling 48KHz-44,1KHz-48KHz, when isolating the difference (with polarity inversion) to obtain the opposite steam, the highs are out of sync, because of phase differences, resulting it doesn't work for highs.

pluginnow wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:34 am Just found a more serious issue.
Because the plugin is resampling 48KHz-44,1KHz-48KHz, when isolating the difference (with polarity inversion) to obtain the opposite steam, the highs are out of sync, because of phase differences, resulting it doesn't work for highs.
No!!! I just realized the plugin has 6 audio outputs. The first two for the chosen option, 3 and 4 for voice, 5 and 6 for instruments.
This way, mixing is easy and accurate.

So, after about 10 days of use of this plugin, I have 2 plans.

Plan A:
- Hope a 48KHz support
- Hope -10% or 15% cpu even at 48Khz
- Ilok licence on computer

Plab B (more certain):
- Slow everything down to 44.1kHz
- At 44.1Khz, maybe the CPU issue is solved
- Use the available Ilok solution

Cheers

Maybe take a look at Isola Pro FX from Lakeside Audio as benchmark, we have real time AI based source separation since over 3 years now in this VST plugin.

Return to “Effects”