PG-8X (2.0) released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Excellent News, indeed!
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Thank you for checking in + the progress report, Martin! Much appreciated.

Ace, thanks for the update. It's *still* the only good JX8P plugin...

Martin I hope you realize lots of us would PAY you for an updated PG-8X, particularly one that has full AU support. I know I would for sure.

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:19 pm Martin I hope you realize lots of us would PAY you for an updated PG-8X, particularly one that has full AU support. I know I would for sure.
Agree with this

I am cautiously optimistic about this latest development.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

[nx] wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:23 pm
hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:19 pm Martin I hope you realize lots of us would PAY you for an updated PG-8X, particularly one that has full AU support. I know I would for sure.
Agree with this
Same!!

Or you can consider some donation to uplift the developer's mood & spark the inspiration.

Donation button

Maybe even Patreon?
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Hi. I'm a french guy with poor english, sorry ! :wink:
Here is my way i use the PG-8X :
I'm on a Mac Mini M1 as the center of my home studio, therefore impossible to use the PG-8X.
I use an "old PC laptop" with the free version of Camelot ( as a VST host ) to run the PG-8X.
Then i have the Patch Base software on my Mac Mini, an editor librarian that i already use to program and manage the sound library of my Oberheim Matrix 1000 and my Korg EX-8000. So I also took the JX8P editor / librarian, and in fact I use the combo " laptop PC / PG-8X " as if it were a hardware expander. The Laptop is either under my desk or elsewhere in the room ( I haven't found his right place yet ) it doesn't matter, I no longer have to touch it when it's on, Patch Base on the Mac manages everything.

Hammer26 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:12 pm I'm on a Mac Mini M1 as the center of my home studio, therefore impossible to use the PG-8X.
I must be doing the impossible then - it works just fine on my M1 Mac, as an AU in Logic.

beely wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:11 pm
I must be doing the impossible then - it works just fine on my M1 Mac, as an AU in Logic.
How ?? :x :x :x :love: :love: :love:

On my Mac, PG-8X opens, but no sound comes out....

No different to any other plugin. Install, and use. It's the 1.0.0 AU version. Works fine in all my hosts. I didn't do anything special. It worked fine on my previous Intel Mac too.

Oh... And where can we find this 1.0.0 AU version ? On the website there is only 2.0.13 version, and only VST....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-deleted-

Sorry, I gave a wrong answer, I was thinking of PC's.

Return to “Instruments”