Kshmr reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Didn't turn up in a search here so sorry if it's old news.

Saw it on bedroom producer's blog. $19 intro price has gate, ducking, and other features. It's an algorithmic reverb. Figured some here might be interested.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

It's a really good reverb. Already using it on tracks. It excels on many things, love how it gates chords so each one is clean with no bleed. Also fantastic on drums and percussion. I don't make EDM but I think this is still a winner.

That looks terrible !
Why Mac OS 10.15 minimum...!

It's a nice clean reverb. The Hall and Plate algorithms sound really good. Spring doesn't sound like a real spring reverb but still could be useful for more dirty and midrange character. You can get somewhat similar hall and plate reverb from Valhalla Vintage Verb using Cathedral and Smooth Plate algorithms. But the KHSMR Reverb seems to have more diffusion and a bit different attack.

There is a built-in pre-EQ notch at 2kHz. It helps to make the sound more open and can reduce annoying resonances. Surprisingly, you cannot disable that 2kHz EQ notch. It's always enabled in all algorithms.

The transient detection is a bit slow and inaccurate. The Smooth Transient feature works somewhat nicely for 1/4 note lines but anything faster, like 1/8 or 1/16 notes, and the transients are not anymore smoothed accurately. You can get much cleaner results using custom plugin chains, like using Kilohearts Transient Shaper for transient detection and sidechaining that to Ableton Compressor for transient supression before reverb.

There is a constant delay or latency of about 30ms even when Pre Delay is set to 0ms. When Pre Delay is set to 10ms, the actual delay is 40ms. Maybe that is a bug or something. I tested the demo version on Windows.

CPU load is quite high compared to other reverb plugins.

Return to “Effects”