The Final & Ultimate LA2A Plugin - Poll!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

What is you most beloved LA2A - Leveling Amplifier #ITB - VST?

UAD - Teletronix LA-2A
19%
Analog Obsession - LALA
2%
PSP - Impressor
2%
Native Instruments - VC 2A
3%
IK Multimedia - White 2A
11%
McDSP’s 6030 - Ultimate Compressor
0%
WAVES - CLA-2A
8%
Cakewalk - CA-2A
2%
Overloud - Comp LA
7%
Tin Brook Tales - TLS 1295 LEA
1%
AdHd - Leveling Tool
No votes
Tim Petherick - OPTO 32
3%
Sonic Anomaly - SLAX
1%
Slate Digital - FG-2A
1%
Black Rooster Audio - VLA-2A
4%
DMG Audio - TrackComp
10%
Melda Production - MTurboComp
1%
Plugin Alliance - ACME Audio Opticom XLA-3
3%
HoRNet - HA2A vintage opto compressor
6%
U-He - Presswerk
11%
Softube - OPTO Compressor
5%

Total votes: 301

All Votes are final!

This is maybe the first, yet surely the last #poll of its kind, as it is ultimate.

What is your most beloved LA2A - Leveling Amplifier #ITB - Emulation
(Program dependent optical compression, and tube amplifier)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LA-2A_Leveling_Amplifier
Last edited by El°HYM on Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Didn’t even include the new Softube? Definitely can’t be “the Final and Ultimate” then. ;)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:46 pm Didn’t even include the new Softube? Definitely can’t be “the Final and Ultimate” then. ;)
Didnt include so far, as me wasnt sure if its really different to the NI one?
There are some #slots left, so I will be adding the 'missing' ones, once confirmed. :tu:

*edit*

Ok, maybe not so good, as it resets the #poll then. So added the new Softube and still think the List is pretty Ultimate, so lets just go from there. :wink:

Okay,
the poll has a clear result:
9585CEF4-0E27-4980-905D-D2E94A940FDC.jpeg
You can close the thread now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:03 pm Okay,
the poll has a clear result:
9585CEF4-0E27-4980-905D-D2E94A940FDC.jpeg
You can close the thread now.
Oh, forgot to mention that this #poll is not only ultimate, but also endless.

El°HYM wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:50 pm Didnt include so far, as me wasnt sure if its really different to the NI one?
The photocell resister model is the same as the NI one, but they tweaked just about everything else, including the saturation, oversampling, etc. I keep seeing people saying variations of "same as the NI one" but if you look at what Softube actually said on the matter, it's more nuanced than that. One could use their ears and hear they're different, or even use Plugin Doctor and use their eyes. It's pretty darn good.

That said, I voted TrackComp. You have to color outside the lines a bit because the attack times are much slower than stated, but it's a great one. My top 3 would probably be: TrackComp, UAD, Softube.

El°HYM wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:34 pm This is maybe the first, yet surely the last #poll of its kind, as it is ultimate.
They will close down KVR because of a compressor thread? :o

whassup wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:43 pm
El°HYM wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:34 pm This is maybe the first, yet surely the last #poll of its kind, as it is ultimate.
not just "a compressor thread", "the compressor thread!"!

My vote is for MTurboComp, not really the one you find inside, but the one i modified by myself thanks to the advanced edit mode i'm in love with.

Experiencing some subtle random clicks in DMG trackcomp on multiple systems...anyone noticed? My vote goes to Overloud.

Impressor is like LA2A meets Distressor. Voted for it because it sounds great and works where other opto's don't.

kaner wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:57 pm Experiencing some subtle random clicks in DMG trackcomp on multiple systems...anyone noticed? My vote goes to Overloud.
Never had clicks with it. You running the latest version? Do you have real-time oversampling maxed out or something?

Oversampling on 1x but looks like I'm not on latest version, will update and test

whassup wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:43 pm
This #poll will end when KVR closes down, yepp.

OK then. :D I voted for TrackComp because OmniChannel wasn't on the list when I checked it. My most used opto comp.

Return to “Effects”