⦇My TB303 Emulation Sucks⦈ - ⦇Techno|InstrumentalVoltage Modular⦈

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

⦇My TB303 Emulation Sucks⦈
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/my-t ... tion-sucks

This is my submission to the KVRAudioe One Synth Challenge #168 featuring Voltage MOdular by Cherry Audio - Only free modules.

All sounds coming from Voltage Modular. No other Synth. I did all sounds myself from scratch.

What ChatGPT says about the track: Finest arppeggios. A meticulously handcrafted techno rumble. Most unique filter sweeps. Subtractive synthesize at a next level. Chords you never heared before. A composition with the most rare grains of intellect Peter:H could find in his brain. After a cautious start the track slowly but immediately builds a relaxed tension towards a final final at the end.

Nah, it's only yet another track which I threw together without thinking too much but having fun ...

What you think? Does my TB303 Emulation suck?
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not spot on tb303 but pretty good emulation. I like the track!

Emulation is great, definitely not sucking!
Very nice recording, and lovely melodic runs.
I love the beat!!!
Rene

The kick sits in a really interesting place. Nice.

I like the track! It flows well with nice sounds and a good mix. :tu:

I have no expertise on TB-303s so I asked ChatGPT what it thought and, as usual, it generated a lot of text without saying anything. :)
Peter H's TB-303 emulation is likely a software or hardware imitation of the original TB-303, designed to recreate its sound and functionality. Emulations of classic synthesizers like the TB-303 can be useful for musicians and producers who want to use the iconic sound of the original in their productions, but don't have access to or can't afford the original hardware.

However, the quality of an emulation can vary widely depending on the developer's expertise, and how accurately they were able to recreate the original hardware's sound and behavior. Whether or not someone considers an emulation to be a good one will depend on their personal preferences, and how well the emulation meets their specific needs and requirements.

Astralboat wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:00 am Not spot on tb303 but pretty good emulation. I like the track!
Thanks Astralboat...
... I tried to find out what is the best way to emulate accent and glide in Voltage Modular.
Then I went the lazy route and told myself: good enough is all I need and left accent and glide away ;-)

Return to “Music Cafe”