Fabfilter Twin 3 --Released Feb. 7th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3 Pro Expansion - Twin 3 Presets

Last edited by jsp1979 on Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for sharing.

Is it just me but it doesn't sound that good in the Out soon video?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:29 pm Thanks for sharing.

rsp
Can KVR please frame this, make 10,000 t-shirts (with "does it alias" on the back) and create some kind of auto-responder with this to every new plugin?

sounds better than minifreak. more bottom end :hihi:

rsp
That would be my fault then (unless they screwed up in mastering). Sounds pretty good to my ears though.

That intro music clip is just 6 tracks (edit: forgot the white noise swoosh.. so 6 tracks). First 0 to 27 seconds is one single preset. All FX used in the track are from Twin 3. Only external FX used was DAW Volume, Pan, EQ (Pro-Q) and compression (ReaComp most of the time but some Pro-C instances).

So yeah, it's perhaps not as polished as some professional music people make it sounds. Oh well. :)

I can post (if I get permission from FF) some straight from synth clips here in a bit.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I'm excited. Was hoping for this!

Curious - and sorry if I missed this detail somewhere - will it load Twin 2 patches?

Awesome can’t wait

OzoneJunkie wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:47 pm I'm excited. Was hoping for this!

Curious - and sorry if I missed this detail somewhere - will it load Twin 2 patches?
The others load previous version patches so I guess that’s likely

I’m excited they’re releasing a v3 and nope, not going there even though I agree with Bones (and own Microfreak, Plaits and have a Plaits clone in Beebo).

I don’t care to judge based on the video… it’s obviously meant create suspense in anticipation of the release. Twin 2 was simple but very flexible, and I don’t believe they would move backwards. I imagine they’ve had years of Twin 2 criticisms to influence this, so I’m excited of what this could be.

seismicfm wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:40 pm sounds better than minifreak. more bottom end :hihi:
lol
rsp
sound sculptist

I will of course demo it for myself when released tomorrow.

I should have said it sounds ordinary to me as opposed to, doesn't sound good.
rsp
bmanic wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:45 pm

rsp
That would be my fault then (unless they screwed up in mastering). Sounds pretty good to my ears though.

That intro music clip is just 6 tracks (edit: forgot the white noise swoosh.. so 6 tracks). First 0 to 27 seconds is one single preset. All FX used in the track are from Twin 3. Only external FX used was DAW Volume, Pan, EQ (Pro-Q) and compression (ReaComp most of the time but some Pro-C instances).

So yeah, it's perhaps not as polished as some professional music people make it sounds. Oh well. :)

I can post (if I get permission from FF) some straight from synth clips here in a bit.
sound sculptist

bmanic wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:45 pm

rsp

Man… don’t even sweat it.

It’s people looking to gripe about anything.

It’s suspenseful, crisp, clean and shows it can do highs without out sounding too bright.

Congrats on being apart of another Fabfilter release! :party:

Not gonna lie i was hoping its gonna be Pro Q4 :lol:
Last edited by jtsterays on Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FabFilter commented in reply to a YouTube comment that there is a totally new preset browsing system.

'Twin 3 contains a whole new, fully featured preset browser, with search functionality, favorites, meta data, etc etc'

elxsound wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:58 pm ....
Man… don’t even sweat it.

It’s people looking to gripe about anything.

It’s suspenseful, crisp, clean and shows it can do highs without out sounding too bright.

Congrats on being apart of another Fabfilter release! :party:
Or it could be that the sounds in that one video demo may appeal to you and not to me?
God forbid, we have different tastes.
I am sure there are sounds in synths that I love that you wouldn't and vice versa.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”