E-MU 1616m, 1212m, 1820m, 0404 Audio Interface - Complete Windows 10 (1903 & Above) Installation Guide

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pokorny.dean wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:06 am Can someone help me with Emu 0404 Pcie? I have done everything from fix suggestion, but when I start Patchmix it gives me an error "You don't appear to have sufficient E-MU hardware to load the session in your system" and I don't have any sound, does anyone know to fix that?
I had the same issue because I didn't restart in safe mode from set #4 "Install the EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA drivers and RESTART INTO SAFE MODE". I was able to get past the insufficient hardware warning once I installed the driver EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA in safe mode.

Does anyone know how to set up the Patchmix so that EMU 1212 can be the default microphone for windows? I have set up Windows for "Wave (EMU DSP)" to be the default input device, but it doesn't get the signal. I can hear from my mic to my speakers, but no other software in my machine gets signal from patchmix.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
mw wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:52 pm
pokorny.dean wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:06 am Can someone help me with Emu 0404 Pcie? I have done everything from fix suggestion, but when I start Patchmix it gives me an error "You don't appear to have sufficient E-MU hardware to load the session in your system" and I don't have any sound, does anyone know to fix that?
I had the same issue because I didn't restart in safe mode from set #4 "Install the EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA drivers and RESTART INTO SAFE MODE". I was able to get past the insufficient hardware warning once I installed the driver EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA in safe mode.
Thanks, but in my case that didn't help. I resolved issue from following the text from one website (http://kit-amp.com/e-mu-1212m-pci-in-windows-10 (http://kit-amp.com/e-mu-1212m-pci-in-windows-10)) and if someone has the issue this following fix can help, it also works for 0404 Pcie:

"Instructions for running E-MU 1212m PCI in Windows 10 with any update:

The vast majority of users of E-MU products, once acquainted with their products, decided for themselves that they would use them until they find something better or until the product fails. The reason for such sympathy is very simple and it lies in the exceptionally good quality of playback and recording on E-MU sound cards. Despite some compatibility issues with old motherboards and the last driver update date - May 2011, E-MU sound cards continue to be popular and delight their owners.
But, unfortunately, May 19, 2019. update 1903 was released and the E-MU 1212m/ E-MU 1616m cards stopped working, with the following announcement when starting the PatchMix shell:

You don`t appear to have sufficient E-MU hardware to load the session in your system.
This may be because the session expects more E-MU hardware than what you have
installed on your system

Do not be upset - there is a solution to this problem and step-by-step instructions for fixing it, see below:

Download:
1. «Driver E-MU»
2. «PatchMix E-MU»
3. «Driver X-Fi»
(for Win10)

"Driver E-MU" and "PatchMix E-MU" are installed in the standard way - by clicking on them. “Driver X-Fi” (exe file) must be unpacked again into a previously created folder, for example Driver X-Fi, after which we will see the following files in this folder:

Operation of the E-MU 1212m/ E-MU 1616m with other driver versions and PatchMix has not been tested and is not guaranteed.
1. It follows that the first thing to do is to remove the installed driver and PatchMix.

2. Install "Driver E-MU" - reboot.
3. Install "PatchMix -E-MU" - reboot.
4. Find the E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor (WDM) in Device Manager and right-click on "Update Driver"
5. Select "Find driver software on this computer"
6. Select "Select a driver from a list of available drivers on your computer"
7. Select "Install from disk"
And specify the path to the unpacked files earlier \Driver X-Fi\Drivers\wdm
8. Choose a file «wdma_emu.inf»
9. Choose a driver “Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (VDM)»

and click "Next", after which the system will issue a warning that the installation of this driver is not recommended. Click continue "Yes"

10. After installing the driver, the system will report a successful installation
11. Restart your computer

After restarting the computer, in the device manager, our card will be displayed as "Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM) - this is normal and does not affect the operation of the card in any way

The card works again and continues to delight with its great sound!!"

Hope this helps, I tested on my PC and it works.
Dean Pokorny

polanve wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:49 am Does anyone know how to set up the Patchmix so that EMU 1212 can be the default microphone for windows? I have set up Windows for "Wave (EMU DSP)" to be the default input device, but it doesn't get the signal. I can hear from my mic to my speakers, but no other software in my machine gets signal from patchmix.
I was having an input issue where the signal was all broken up due to a sample rate mismatch I couldn't fix. I used VoiceMeeter as a go between. I ran the ASIO out from my DSP mixer into VoiceMeeter and back out, and used VoiceMeeter as my input device to get a clean signal to my Windows 10 OS. (And Chrome, and Paltalk)

Does this procedure work with the 0404 usb version? thank you

Binson70 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:21 am E-mu 1616m and E-mu 1820m works perfectly in Windows 11 22H2, including ASIO mode.
Hey, that is good news. :D Is ther anything that needs to be done differently for Win 11 compared to the instructions in the original post for Win 10? Thank you!

Hi there! I have a machine with an EMU-card, that I´m not using so often for music making, but I´ve previously succeeded in recording mic input from a mic amp via SPDIF into it, and I´m trying to do this again - without much luck so far.
I can see that the peak meter on the mic amp is reacting, so at least on that end, nothing´s wrong. However, I get no signal in Patchmix (nor in my speakers), where I have a strip for SPDIF. I´m using Cakewalk on this computer, which is also where I did recordings before, and also there I don´t hear anything.
I probably got something configured wrong in Patchmix, where I should be able to hear the input without starting Cakewalk, right? I know that´s a stupid question, but like I said, I´m not using this machine that often, so I forget how Patchmix works.
I did try to change the SPDIF cable, but with the same result.
What do you suggest that I do?

Edit: It´s 1212m that I´m using on Win 10.
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Roman Empire wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:21 am Hi there! I have a machine with an EMU-card, that I´m not using so often for music making, but I´ve previously succeeded in recording mic input from a mic amp via SPDIF into it, and I´m trying to do this again - without much luck so far.
I can see that the peak meter on the mic amp is reacting, so at least on that end, nothing´s wrong. However, I get no signal in Patchmix (nor in my speakers), where I have a strip for SPDIF. I´m using Cakewalk on this computer, which is also where I did recordings before, and also there I don´t hear anything.
I probably got something configured wrong in Patchmix, where I should be able to hear the input without starting Cakewalk, right? I know that´s a stupid question, but like I said, I´m not using this machine that often, so I forget how Patchmix works.

Have you checked / right clicked on speaker icon on task bar to see if EMU is selected as output device ?
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

terrynoakes wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:56 am
Roman Empire wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:21 am Hi there! I have a machine with an EMU-card, that I´m not using so often for music making, but I´ve previously succeeded in recording mic input from a mic amp via SPDIF into it, and I´m trying to do this again - without much luck so far.

Have you checked / right clicked on speaker icon on task bar to see if EMU is selected as output device ?
Thanks for your input (!). The output from the card is not the problem; it generates sound, both from within Windows and in Cakewalk via ASIO with no issues.
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Roman Empire wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:44 pm
terrynoakes wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:56 am

Thanks for your input (!). The output from the card is not the problem; it generates sound, both from within Windows and in Cakewalk via ASIO with no issues.
I have the same card, and can hear my Avid 11rack via spdif without my daw open. Attached pics of my patchmix settings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

Thanks terrynoakes, will try to play around with it based on your post!
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Problem solved! I changed PCI Card Optical Input to COAX - ADAT SPDIF and bingo!

Thanks a lot!
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Hello, I am new in this forum.

I have an EMU 1616m card with Card bus PC card. I try to use it with two dell laptop with PCMCIA slot, one Latitude D520, the other is a Latitude E550. Both Dell LAPTOP run windows 10 "famille" X64 22H2 with any trouble. I have with all the process showed in this forum, even wtih XI-FI driver the code error 12, not enough ressources. This error had been signalited in this forum, but had have no respons.
Does anyone could help me ?
Thanks,
Best regards from France.

EDEG wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:01 pm Hello, I am new in this forum.

I have an EMU 1616m card with Card bus PC card. I try to use it with two dell laptop with PCMCIA slot, one Latitude D520, the other is a Latitude E550. Both Dell LAPTOP run windows 10 "famille" X64 22H2 with any trouble. I have with all the process showed in this forum, even wtih XI-FI driver the code error 12, not enough ressources. This error had been signalited in this forum, but had have no respons.
Does anyone could help me ?
Thanks,
Best regards from France.
Uninstall / clean driver, do you find "multimedia audio controller" under a tab called "other devices" in device manager? If you can't find it, it could be a hardware failure (E-MU or laptop), bad card contact, etc.

Hello Yuk

I removed all drivers and EMU associated softwares. When i plug the Card bus PC Card in the PCMCIA slot, i hear a sound and I find in the device manager under the tab called "other devices" a new item " multimedia audio manager". So all seem to be working well wtihout any hardware failure. The failure seems to be in the sofware driver with the Card bus PC Card. Shall i need to change any name in EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1 ?

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”