fav stock plugins and daws

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fl Studio stock plugins are really good. And if you have full bundle its even better.

Live and Reason are about the only DAWs I have where I would actually use the native effects. :shrug:

*FL Studio does have some good stuff as well, but I don't really use them. Of course, I only
have the Producer Bundle which doesn't have much of the new snazzy stuff. Still, I likely
would never use that stuff either, which is why I'll probably never upgrade any further.

FL stock plugins are fine. If you just bought FL and have no other plugins and need something to learn basics with. After building up a collection of my own plugins, I wouldn't touch the stock plugins again, even if my only other option was taking a swift kick to the balls. I wish I'd started out in Ableton or Reason now.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

I only use Ableton.

My go-to native plugins are Auto Filter, Auto Pan, Drum Buss, Echo, EQ Eight, Glue Compressor, Sampler and Utility. Wavetable is also one of my most used synths - low CPU, great modulation, and you can import your own wavetables.

The Reason ones are actually great, the reverb felt fine with me always especially. The comp and eq is allright and then, all the fx stuff is really great as well. Only stocks I've been using across the years. Reaper comes with great stuff as well, but UI kills the workflow and pleasure for me, so using 3rd parties instead. Quality nevertheless.

cubase frequencyEq is ultra-dope (linear option per band /dynamic option / multi side chain input with the ability to choose the source of the sidechain for each band ) i often use fab pro q3 but frequency eq does things that pro q3 doesnt.
- cubase variaudio 3 is dope
- cubase multi env shaper is good but now i m using more eventide split eq
-cubase retrologue is a good va.

and...that is it, it s not that the other stock plugins are bad (a lot of them are good and useful) but i start with cubase sx3 and i m used to other 3rd party plugins...but i could live with only cubase fx stock plugin but certainly not with only cubase vst instruments (to my hear not good enough in quantity and quality)

I'd like to share an experience I made 3 years ago.

I was clean for one month!

Lol I made an experiment and used stock plugins only for one month. The mixes sounded as good as with 3rd party plugins or even better and workflow was faster. Even the simple Reaper stock reverb was cool.
After my experience I re-sold a very lot of plugins successfully. 3 years ago you still got decent prices even for PA, sometimes I got even more than I paid for a plugin on sales.
So I was happy, my purse was happy and my disk was happy, I had way more free disk space.
My good piece of advise to newbies.
Well, it depends on what kind of producer you are 1 mixing or mastering only or 2 recording (sometimes your own songs or exclusively) and mixing
I belong to group 2, so
I recommend focusing more on VSTinstruments (most VSTi have high quality fx built in!) than on 3rd party VST effects.
Do you really need 10 comps, eqs or reverbs? Maybe check once a year what plugins you don't use. I never used NI Komplete Ultimate , how stupid to keep such a huge plugin suite, it was one of my first purchases.

Studio One Compressor, Gate, Pro EQ, Beat Delay, Groove Delay, and OpenAir are all excellent and quick to dial in. Side-chaining is super easy and flexible, as well.

DCrown wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:21 am want to add some JS plugins, they are kind of Reaper stock plugins, as well with guis that support a fast workflow and very easy to understand.
JS Saturation,
+1.

And ReaLoud
DCrown wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:21 am BTW I could easily and quickly get similar results to Softube's three new iconic compressors with ReaComp.
With ReaComp I can mimic almost every comp and imo it has a user-friendlier gui than lots of other comps. After I had experienced the possibilities and power of ReaComp (the creation of a genius), I re-sold a lot of 3rd party comps, just kept some comps with very unique character like omnipressor, this plugin saves me some money!
ReaComp works well togther with JS Saturation and ReaEq.
Plus, it acts as a DAMN GOOD clipper (or, as Jon V. coined it : "Almost Clipping").

The EQ is great. simple. no-frills and simply good.
DCrown wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:21 am you just have to find the best daw for you.
And most importantly, compare it to other DAWs, post your opinion on as many audio forums as possible - and be prepared to fight over your opinion (!). it may or may not be the "best" or "right" opinion, but what's REALLY important is that your opinion will be heard (and preferably excepted).
These are basic modern day music making necessary chores (even before you actually make music).
Beyond that, AI will take over at some point - whether we like it, or not.

Return to “Effects”