Auto-Tune inventor Dr. Andy Hildebrand wins Grammy and celebrates with limited time promo price

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Elvis directly inspired Aphex Twin. Some say Elvis IS Aphex Twin. Personally I think Aphex Twin is Michael Jackson but the bigger question remains…. Who are YOU Jamcat?

https://www.reddit.com/r/perfectlycutsc ... ame=iossmf

SeeingInMidi wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:58 pm Elvis famously chopped vocals on tape, didnt you know? Every production technique was invented pre-vietnam.

Scotty wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:38 am Elvis directly inspired Aphex Twin. Some say Elvis IS Aphex Twin. Personally I think Aphex Twin is Michael Jackson but the bigger question remains…. Who are YOU Jamcat?

SeeingInMidi wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:58 pm Elvis famously chopped vocals on tape, didnt you know? Every production technique was invented pre-vietnam.
Aphex Twin was so unoriginal it hurts. His music was a decade after innovation stopped dead.

AutoTune/processing all over his vocals too. The guy can’t sing!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Shouldn't there be two Aphex Twins?

Right, there was that massive creative collapse right after we hit peak with Huey Lewis and the News. I was listening to Polyphia and Gojira today and I thought “man they sound just like Shania Twain.” That don’t impress me much.

revvy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:00 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:38 am Elvis directly inspired Aphex Twin. Some say Elvis IS Aphex Twin. Personally I think Aphex Twin is Michael Jackson but the bigger question remains…. Who are YOU Jamcat?

Aphex Twin was so unoriginal it hurts. His music was a decade after innovation stopped dead.

AutoTune/processing all over his vocals too. The guy can’t sing!
Last edited by Scotty on Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scotty wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:10 am Right, there was that massive creative collapse right after we hit peak with Huey Lewis and the News.
That's right.
It started with the Ghostbusters theme.

Some even say Elvis was a secret agent and he is still living in Hawaii.
His songs were messages to his headquarter.
Don't be cruel - don't mount an attack yet
Love me tender - be good to me and send me my blond agent partner, can't stand being lonely all the time
Jailhouse House Rock - I am in danger, they might blow my cover and capture me
Viva Las Vegas - found our target person in Las Vegas
Pretty obvious he was a secret agent and his voice was just an autotuned version of Little Richard. Was Little Richard singing behind the curtain when Elvis was on stage? Little Richard or Sean Connery, I am not sure any more?...

So when can we hear some of your great singing?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:36 am So when can we hear some of your great singing?
I recommend listening to Stevie Wonder, Al Green, Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Ella Fitzgerald, some examples of autotune - free good singers or Bob Dylan

Especially with Curtis Mayfield and Bob Dylan I am not sure whether autotune could deal with detecting so many out of tune tones, maybe the daw would crash or your pc could explode ? I wouldn't change a single note of their vocals, though

Last edited by El°HYM on Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Next time Stevie Wonder and an entourage of dead famous singers, walks into my studio I’ll remember to take pictures. I am usually too preoccupied working with the non genius people who happen to be living. Adele tried to book in here because she heard I had a Neumann u87 but I was working with Greasy Dan and the Mumblers and turned her down.

Just keeping it real.
Last edited by Scotty on Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

DCrown wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:45 am
jens wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:36 am So when can we hear some of your great singing?
I recommend listening to Stevie Wonder, Al Green, Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Ella Fitzgerald, some examples of autotune - free good singers or Bob Dylan

Especially with Curtis Mayfield and Bob Dylan I am not sure whether autotune could deal with detecting so many out of tune tones, maybe the daw would crash or your pc could explode ? I wouldn't change a single note of their vocals, though

You, know... I think just not replying at all to my question would have been a little less embarassing for you than this... :lol: :hihi:

So just as I thought: you''re just a clueless & untalented bitter old man...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

There’s no shame in being shameless. By definition.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Scotty wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:31 am Next time Stevie Wonder with an entourage of dead singers, walks into my studio I’ll remember to take pictures. I am usually too preoccupied working with the non genius people who happen to be living. Adele tried to book in here because she heard I had Neumann u87 but I was working with Greasy Dan and the Mumblers and turned her down.

Just keeping it real.
Scotty needs AutoPost to help with his quote formatting ;)

I was narrowly saved by the bell. No one will ever know the mess I originally posted. The irony is not lost on me.
revvy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:42 am Scotty needs AutoPost to help with his quote formatting ;)

Return to “Effects”