Fabfilter Twin 3 --Released Feb. 7th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3 Pro Expansion - Twin 3 Presets

Two additional questions:
1) does anyone know where it keeps the favourited patch info on both mac and pc?
2) so now I have gotten the arp patches to arp.. are they always on latch mode? The gui doesn't show latch mode as being on, but once the patches start to play, I can't get them to stop by not playing notes.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:39 pm Two additional questions:
1) does anyone know where it keeps the favourited patch info on both mac and pc?
2) so now I have gotten the arp patches to arp.. are they always on latch mode? The gui doesn't show latch mode as being on, but once the patches start to play, I can't get them to stop by not playing notes.

rsp
Beside Latch: there's a drop down menu with off - Held - Full.
Isn't what you're looking for?
edit: indeed, when going through the Arp presets Latch shows Full for all of them it seems...
Last edited by nordickvr on Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rsp
Definitely should not be latched! I very rarely use latch myself so I don't think I enabled it on any of my presets.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

nordickvr wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:51 pm

rsp
Beside Latch: there's a drop down menu with off - Held - Full.
Isn't what you're looking for?
Oh I found that long before I reported the issue, but there seems to be a note off issue.
play an arp and change presets to another arp, on my system eventually the arp gets stuck on latch mode even if you physically turn off the latch on the gui. (mac intel cubase vst3)

rsp
sound sculptist

bmanic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:08 pm

rsp
Definitely should not be latched! I very rarely use latch myself so I don't think I enabled it on any of my presets.
It shows as off but if you play a few arp presets (on my system) it eventually latches even though the gui shows latch as off.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:14 pm ...
on my system eventually the arp gets stuck on latch mode even if you physically turn off the latch on the gui. (mac intel cubase vst3)

rsp
Wasn't able to reproduce the issue but I don't have the same config. so...
And just realized that Latch mode is global, I first thought that it was at preset level.

nordickvr wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:21 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:14 pm ...
on my system eventually the arp gets stuck on latch mode even if you physically turn off the latch on the gui. (mac intel cubase vst3)

rsp
Wasn't able to reproduce the issue but I don't have the same config. so...
And just realized that Latch mode is global, I first thought that it was at preset level.

Thanks for trying.
rsp
sound sculptist

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:00 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:54 pm
bmanic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:39 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:37 pm
exmatproton wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:33 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:05 pm

Hi bmanic,
I am actually curious. What defined patches going into the Arp section, I realise some have motion and not arpeggiator on, but Barracuda has so little motion on my end and no arp, I was curious.
rsp
+1. Some arp presets aren't 'arping' ;)
:)
This.. :)
rsp
It's a bug somewhere. The arp LOCK symbol should NOT be turned on by default. If you have lock turned on and the arp is off, then there will be no arpeggiator for the ARP presets. Just turn the lock off and reload the preset.

Arp LOCK is meant for you to set your own arpeggiator settings and then lock them down so no preset can override it.
Got ya. Thanks.
Time for me to change the default patch.
rsp
It's not just the lock being on when it shouldn't - at least in Komplete Kontrol, and maybe other hosts the ARP is not triggering properly and some other patches are also silent or sound wrong with the VST3 - the VST2 seems OK so far
The VST3 is even more broken in Waveform 12 - no patches play back as they are supposed to - many sound exactly the same even though you can see the patch has changed visually. It also tends to just cut out completely.

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:39 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:00 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:54 pm
bmanic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:39 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:37 pm
exmatproton wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:33 pm

+1. Some arp presets aren't 'arping' ;)
:)
This.. :)
rsp
It's a bug somewhere. The arp LOCK symbol should NOT be turned on by default. If you have lock turned on and the arp is off, then there will be no arpeggiator for the ARP presets. Just turn the lock off and reload the preset.

Arp LOCK is meant for you to set your own arpeggiator settings and then lock them down so no preset can override it.
Got ya. Thanks.
Time for me to change the default patch.
rsp
It's not just the lock being on when it shouldn't - at least in Komplete Kontrol, and maybe other hosts the ARP is not triggering properly and some other patches are also silent or sound wrong with the VST3 - the VST2 seems OK so far
The VST3 is even more broken in Waveform 12 - no patches play back as they are supposed to - many sound exactly the same even though you can see the patch has changed visually. It also tends to just cut out completely.
Same problem in Newsonicarts Freestyle - VST2 works fine, VST3 is a write-off

bmanic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:53 pm Imagine having 4 different filters, all carefully placed to be just where you want them, all being modulated by separate mod sources doing their own thing.. then you just want a general "Main Cutoff" knob to move ALL the filters in one go. That's what it's for.
Right, got it.

This has grown on me a little while I've been demoing it but the UX still feels a bit esoteric and made for designers instead of people who just want to quickly make sounds. The filters sound good. The main thing I'm impressed by is the CPU. With all 4 oscillators and maximum 64 notes of polyphony with long release times it was still better than Repro.

Kokoala wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:37 pm Demo: :phones:
:o
:clap:

Same problem in Newsonicarts Freestyle - VST2 works fine, VST3 is a write-off
[/quote]

Confirmed. It’s a mess in Freestyle. I’m getting a weird stuck echoing effect even after changing patches
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

This Jewel3 keeps on giving…
It’s definitely more than expected by just looking at the specs.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

ians wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:39 pm Confirmed. It’s a mess in Freestyle. I’m getting a weird stuck echoing effect even after changing patches
I've had tons of issues with FF plugins when used outside a DAW.

In Freestyle I was never able to send MIDI to Volcano.

In audio editors like Acoustica or Wavelab, the ProQ 3 window renders huge. And I mean like 200% the width of the monitor.

Return to “Instruments”