Trash 3?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just curious (because why not),

who would love to see a Trash 3 one day (although unfortunately there may not seem to be such plans)

I would like that very much.

Sure thing.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

RIP
On Oct 26, 2022, at 12:08 PM, iZotope, Inc. <izotope@news.izotope.com> wrote:
Dear Customers,

We’re writing to let you know that iZotope products Iris 2, BreakTweaker, and Trash 2 will no longer be available for purchase from iZotope.com. Support for these products will remain in effect for 12 months from your date of purchase.

I doubt it as iZotope teased Trash 3 back in 2017 and nothing came from it.

If you Google 'Izotope Trash 3' and you go to their post on Facebook from 2017, you will see someone wrote 'trash3 never came out, this was just mean!' and iZotope replied they were working on it, but yeah, like 2 years ago.

I would love Trash 3, or even an up to date Trash 2.

I hate to be negative but to me it seens very strange to discontinue version 2 if they where planning on releasing a version 3.
Bitwig

Not me.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

i dont think its happening :(

Part of it has been folded into Neutron, I guess that's what "working on it" turned into.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Trash 2 is still great. You have other options from Fabfilter and Arturia. I am waiting for DMG Audio's highly anticipated saturation plugin, no ETA as the dev is heavily engaged in the development of Serum 2.

Trash 2 was a great idea and many of the distortion/impulse response combinations sounded incredible, but the UI implementation was absolutely terrible, nearly unusable. A Trash 3 with a better UI and some advanced modulation options would have been absolutely killer. But sadly, iZotope is now owned by a private equity firm who will 'leverage the synergies' between their iZotope/NI/Brainworx portfolio.

WTF does that mean? It means consolidating sales, marketing, and development by firing 60% of current staff and wringing the profits out of the shell that remains while product development and innovation comes to a screeching halt, with the hope of dumping the mess on some other 'investor' a couple years down the road who will then try to do the same.

My sympathies to those who are heavily invested in those once great product suites, myself included.

a9k1tp wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:13 pm Trash 2 is still great. ...
The extant issue is Trash2 is not being updated to M1 compatibility which will limit how much longer it will work for Mac users on newer (and pretty fantastic) M1 systems. Additionally the choice to completely abandon one of the most unique software titles in the last 20 years is baffling and disappointing.

Izotope did recently incorporate a portion of Trash distortion algos into Neutron and most izotope plugins have some dynamics controls but the convolution, trash, filtering, and delay sections of Trash2 are mostly unique to it. (No crossgrade offers though.) I hope Izotope eventually deliver on Trash3. I do recognize there is some overlap with Neutron, and I would gladly buy into Neutron if all the Trash sections get fully incorporated into it.

billinder33 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:46 pm Trash 2 was a great idea and many of the distortion/impulse response combinations sounded incredible, but the UI implementation was absolutely terrible, nearly unusable. A Trash 3 with a better UI and some advanced modulation options would have been absolutely killer.
I'm fine with Trash 2 exactly how it is. Does what i need it to do. I can barely believe i am typing this but- luckily i'm on windoze and i'm still using Trash 2 (Alchemy v1 and lots of old, unsupported vst stuff).
But sadly, iZotope is now owned by a private equity firm who will 'leverage the synergies' between their iZotope/NI/Brainworx portfolio.

WTF does that mean? It means consolidating sales, marketing, and development by firing 60% of current staff and wringing the profits out of the shell that remains while product development and innovation comes to a screeching halt, with the hope of dumping the mess on some other 'investor' a couple years down the road who will then try to do the same.

My sympathies to those who are heavily invested in those once great product suites, myself included.
Awesome!
That is a really accurate comment imo, a great description of how VC works. I will definitely be quoting that post in the future.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

man we should start a petition to get this one day, still unmatched

Return to “Effects”