Available now! Tone2 Electra3 Synthesizer Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tone2 Electra3

I've noted your urgent feature-request for having a 'master-fx-filter'.

A) A second master FX would open a can of worms, as there would be deep changes to the patch format necessary. This is really risky and can seriously break things.

B) A 'master lowpass filter' (cutoff+reso) is possible from the technical side with reasonable risk and effort, but it will need a switch (Master FX / Master Filter) and interferes with the 'one-page-editing-philosophy'.

C) A 'lowpass filter' (cutoff+reso) as a Master FX type is possible with low risk and rather low effort.

D) A second insert FX is possible from the technical side with reasonable risk and effort, but it will need a switch (1/2) and interferes with the 'one-page-editing-philosophy' .

Update:
We're on track with the release. Development is finished and it's rock-solid. I am currently doing the website and PR material.

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:42 pm I've noted your urgent feature-request for having a 'master-fx-filter'.

A) A second master FX would open a can of worms, as there would be deep changes to the patch format necessary. This is really risky and can seriously break things.

B) A 'master lowpass filter' (cutoff+reso) is possible from the technical side with reasonable risk and effort, but it will need a switch (Master FX / Master Filter) and interferes with the 'one-page-editing-philosophy'.

C) A 'lowpass filter' (cutoff+reso) as a Master FX type is possible with low risk and rather low effort.

D) A second insert FX is possible from the technical side with reasonable risk and effort, but it will need a switch (1/2) and interferes with the 'one-page-editing-philosophy' .
Thanks a lot for your input on this. Option C looks the least risk and least effort - and is exactly what I was hoping for :tu: :tu: :) :)

The demo is available now:

Download-link:
https://www.tone2.com/download.html

great update. CPU usage is very nice. Though the UI runs smooth, it lowers the FPS to 30 to 50 FPS, which is quite extensive.. (all sizes)
Other then that, nice

All others will be able to upgrade to v3.x with a big discount.
The upgrade price will be fair and reasonable and will be annouced when it is released.
To be honest: 79 € was not what I expected after this announcement :-?

I dont want to mention competitors in here but there are brand new synths out there from comparable (great) devellopers in deals starting from 49 €.........

And in general I am happy with Electra 2 as it is, so not really attractive for me and I thought it would be an instabuy.....

Markus has provided us with so many updates to his plugins over the past few months.
This guy has to earn money too, so it's only natural that an update sometimes has to be paid for.
So stop being so extremely unfair to him. I would also like to point out that Markus actually wanted to stop updating his products completely and we should be grateful that he still invests time in making his plugins even better.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

So stop being so extremely unfair to him.
I cant see while finding this upgrade price too much (from my personal point of view as I have pointed out) has anything to do with this. Apart from that its kvr....., o.k., evrything fine and I am out here...

I agree with Tatanka. I was ready to upgrade but at $89 I’ll definitely pass for now.

Great support from markus one of my favourite developers and wish him all the best.

I spent some time comparing 3.0 with 2.9 and determined the sound is definitely and improvement. With all of the new features (and more to come), I decided to invest in 3.0 to help support Markus and Troels.
Last edited by tony10000 on Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

It sounds different?
That would be strange and unusual for a tone2 synth.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:40 pm It sounds different?
rsp
It sure is...
Last edited by tony10000 on Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:40 pm It sounds different?
rsp
Take a listen...It would be cool if it had an Electra 2 mode to give you the old sound. If you have old projects, you will have to run both versions side by side if you want to keep the same sound. Not sure if that is even possible. I noticed that Tone 2 pulled the Electra 2 files from the download options.

I haven't upgraded yet, so I am creating a project with only Electra 2.0, will bounce the tracks and then compare them after demoing E 3.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”