Do you hate the looks Windows 10/11 - WindowBlinds might be the solution, look like Mac or anything

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:21 am
fmr wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:11 am
jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:06 am ... they did it pretty seamlessly. Some software here and there may have required updates along the way in order to be in compliance with these changes, .../... and all of this happened with minimal disruption to Mac users.
This is the joke of the year :lol: :lol: :lol:

And this wasn't the first time they did it. It seems you are pretty new to the platform. I've been through that TWICE before. No more for me.
I never experienced a single issue during the transition to Apple Silicon. And I previously had a 2016 Intel MacBook Pro, prior to my M1.

Perhaps your problem is you are unable to properly maintain your MacOS.
As I suspected, you are pretty new to the platform. I've been there since the 80's (Motorola, PowerPC, Intel and finally ARM - OS 9, OS X, PowerPC/Intel, and now Intel/ARM... see the picture?). I've been using macOS and Windows since the 80s. And I have some nasty stories I could tell about Apple. :hihi:
Last edited by fmr on Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:21 am The fact you state you need to "reinstall" Windows
Not just reinstall. Low level hard drive reformat as well. It’s been a tradition among Windows-based audio producers since Windows 95.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:26 am
fmr wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:21 am The fact you state you need to "reinstall" Windows
Not just reinstall. Low level hard drive reformat as well. It’s been a tradition among Windows-based audio producers since Windows 95.
Which Windows-based audio producers? :dog: :help:

Perhaps the morons that use Apple because "it just works"? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:16 am
fmr wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:38 am AS I said, ANY OS needs maintenance. The fact you are unable to properly maintain your Windows OS doesn't make it a "poorly designed" system.
These are documented bugs in Windows that lead to data corruption and loss. It’s Microsoft that is not properly maintaining Windows.

Windows “maintenance” is easy enough. You just need to engage in the semi-annual ritual of reinstall Windows from scratch. But the fact that you have to, to keep Windows running smoothly, is entirely because it is so poorly designed.
in 25 years ive reinstalled windows, exactly 0 times :o

fmr wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:23 am As I suspected, you are pretty new to the platform.
I also have a Mac mini that I’ve had since 2012. But I was primarily Windows based at the time.

I used to actually be pretty hardcore anti-Mac. But at some point I realised that I spent all my time building PCs and maintaining them, rather than using them for my intended purpose.

I finally had enough when Microsoft turned Windows into a giant billboard with Windows 10.
fmr wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:23 amI've been there since the 80's (Motorola, PowerPC, Intel and finally ARM - OS 9, OS X, PowerPC/Intel, and now Intel/ARM... see the picture?).
Yeah, so what?
Apple is continually moving forward, while Windows is still stuck on the same processor architecture from the ‘80s.

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:26 am
rubbish.

just came here to say f**k macs

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:39 am Yeah, so what?
Apple is continually moving forward, while Windows is still stuck on the same processor architecture from the ‘80s.
That's a way to look at it. :hihi: OTOH we could see it as a way to continually milk money from users :roll:

The continuous "new versions" of the OS, as well as the planned obsolescence of the hardware, are part of that very same plan :x

And Windows is not "stuck" anywhere. Windows runs on Intel and AMD, and there are reportedly versions ready to run on ARM processors. The difference is that MS NEVER breaks compatibility. They simply provide users ALTERNATIVES, and leave them the CHOICE
Last edited by fmr on Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:37 amin 25 years ive reinstalled windows, exactly 0 times :o
I am terrified of your Windows registry! :-o

The reason why everyone in my circle reinstalled at least once a year is because the Windows registry is something of a garbage bin that never really gets cleaned out. Over time this greatly impacts performance and even stability.

As I said earlier, the Windows registry is proof enough that it is poorly designed.

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:46 am
vurt wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:37 amin 25 years ive reinstalled windows, exactly 0 times :o

The reason why everyone in my circle reinstalled at least once a year is because the Windows registry is something of a garbage bin that never really gets cleaned out. Over time this greatly impacts performance and even stability.

As I said earlier, the Windows registry is proof enough that it is poorly designed.
OMG :dog:

It seems YOU are stuck in the 80s :lol:
Last edited by fmr on Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:45 am
jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:39 am Yeah, so what?
That's a way to look at it. :hihi: OTOH we could see it as a way to continually milk money from users :roll:

The continuous "new versions" of the OS, as well as the planned obsolescence of the hardware, are part of that very same plan :x
I’ve never paid for a MacOS update, nor are they mandatory. You can stay on the same computer and OS for 25 years, like vurt.

And newsflash, hardware becomes obsolete all on its own. That’s known as Moore’s Law.

fmr wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:50 am It seems YOU are stuck in the 80s :lol:
You might think the situation with Windows has improved in more recent iterations. But you would be wrong.

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:46 am

No one that I know of has had to reinstall windows because of this, this just isn't true and isn't proof of anything. You're reminding me of bones right now
Last edited by j wazza on Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:50 am I’ve never paid for a MacOS update, nor are they mandatory. You can stay on the same computer and OS for 25 years, like vurt.
I've upgraded for Windows 7 to Windows 10, and from Windows 10 to Windows 11 without paying anything. And I didn't even have to stay on the same computer. I've changed computers more than once since I installed Windows 7 (actually that machine still works).

OTOH, I can run software older than Windows 7 in my newest OS iterations (Windows 11, as well as Windows 10). Can you say the same about macOS?
jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:50 am And newsflash, hardware becomes obsolete all on its own. That’s known as Moore’s Law.
Yes, that's why it doesn't need "help" from the manufacturers. :x
Last edited by fmr on Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:53 am
fmr wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:50 am It seems YOU are stuck in the 80s :lol:
You might think the situation with Windows has improved in more recent iterations. But you would be wrong.
If there's a system that accumulates trash, that's macOS. Do you have an uninstaller already? :hihi:

When was the last time you cleaned up your Library folder? :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”