Discovery synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Discovery

We have released Discovery 5.2, the latest version of its Nord Lead 2 inspired synth. This release includes several new features and improvements to enhance the user experience.

The framework has been updated in Discovery 5.2 to provide better performance and stability. Additionally, the release includes bug fixes such as the correction of the incorrect binding of the Delay Mix knob to Pitch Bend in the VST3 build and the reset behavior of the Layer function.

A fix has also been implemented for the reset of the bank on BitWig Studio with the VST3 build, making it more compatible with this popular DAW.

Free trial is available for macOS, Windows and Linux at https://www.discodsp.com/discovery/ Full version license costs $99. Update for Discovery 3 and 4 customers can be found at discoDSP Members Area https://www.discodsp.net/

discoDSP wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:09 am
The framework has been updated in Discovery 5.2 to provide better performance and stability. Additionally, the release includes bug fixes
i'm surprised you didn't call it version 6 and charge another upgrade fee.

Hello there,

Thank you for your comment and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We appreciate all feedback, including constructive criticism. Our goal is to always improve and enhance the user experience, and any input helps us in that endeavor.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help and support our users.

What's the difference between Discovery and Discovery Pro?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

In terms of feature comparison, Discovery Pro offers several upgrades over Discovery, such as the inclusion of a wave oscillator that can load WAV and SoundFont 2 (SF2) files, Nord Lead 2 modeled unison, a graphical modulation envelope, and more presets in 100 banks, MIDI CC XML boards, PADSynth Resynthesis, Nord Lead 2 and 2X patch export, Standalone app or ProTools AAX build. Additionally, the amplitude envelope in Discovery Pro can switch between linear and exponential curves.

Both Discovery and Discovery Pro offer 128 patch memories per bank, 2x oversampling and oversampled distortions, bank browsing, Nord Lead 2 and 2X patch import, 4 layers per patch, and MIDI CC control.

In conclusion, Discovery Pro offers a wider range of features and capabilities compared to Discovery, but both products offer powerful feature sets that can meet the needs of a variety of musicians and producers.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

What's the upgrade price from Discovery to Discovery Pro? And does the upgrade price ever go on sale?

Hello,

Thank you for your question about the upgrade price from Discovery to Discovery Pro. The upgrade price for registered members can be found in the Members Area of our website.

Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have any planned upgrade sales for registered members. The upgrade price is subject to change, so it is best to check the Members Area for the latest pricing information.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance.

I can't access the member area since v it requires an invoice number? Why not make this information available to non-members?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out again. I apologize for any inconvenience regarding the access to the Members Area. The invoice number is required to confirm the ownership of a registered product and to ensure that you are eligible for the upgrade price.

Regarding the availability of the information to non-members, I understand your concern. However, our company policies only allow access to certain information and pricing to registered members for security and privacy reasons. I would suggest visiting our website for general information about our products, or contacting our sales team for more detailed information about the upgrade options.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Our support team is always available to assist you.

Well that's a turn off.
No way to make an informed decision of options if buying second hand.

I apologize for any frustration this may have caused. I understand your concern about being unable to access the information needed to make an informed decision about purchasing a second-hand product.

For second-hand purchases, there is a fee to verify the ownership and transfer the product registration to the new owner. This fee allows us to provide support and access to any software updates or upgrades.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance. We are always here to help and ensure that you have the information needed to make an informed decision.

And how much is that?
discoDSP wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:10 pm I apologize for any frustration this may have caused. I understand your concern about being unable to access the information needed to make an informed decision about purchasing a second-hand product.

For second-hand purchases, there is a fee to verify the ownership and transfer the product registration to the new owner. This fee allows us to provide support and access to any software updates or upgrades.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance. We are always here to help and ensure that you have the information needed to make an informed decision.

Hello,

Thank you for your question about the license transfer fee. The information you are looking for can be found at the following link: viewtopic.php?t=354654.

Please note that the information provided on that forum thread is directly from our company and was posted by us, so you can be sure that you are receiving accurate information.

discoDSP wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:06 pm Hello,

Thank you for your question about the license transfer fee. The information you are looking for can be found at the following link: viewtopic.php?t=354654.

Please note that the information provided on that forum thread is directly from our company and was posted by us, so you can be sure that you are receiving accurate information.

Not sure why you're being cryptic and not just posting this directly, so simply quoting from that link:
discoDSP wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:55 am discoDSP license transfer is available for purchase at a cost of $19, and it should be noted that the license will not be designated as "not for resale" following the transfer of ownership.

In order to facilitate the transfer of license ownership, please contact our support team through the following website: https://www.discodsp.com/support/. Our team will be happy to assist you with the necessary steps to complete the process.
So why won't you tell us the upgrade price? The lack of transparency concerns me with the possibilities of a surprise-gotcha price.

I apologize for any confusion or frustration this may have caused. Our company is committed to providing clear and transparent information about our products and services, and I understand your concern about unexpected prices.

The upgrade price for our products is subject to change and can vary based on a number of factors, such as the version of the product and the region where it was purchased. For this reason, we prefer to provide the latest pricing information through the Members Area of our website or by contacting our sales team directly. This allows us to ensure that our customers have the most up-to-date information and avoid any confusion or miscommunication.

Return to “Instruments”