Auto-Tune inventor Dr. Andy Hildebrand wins Grammy and celebrates with limited time promo price

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

revvy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:53 pm simply because somebody doesn’t know how to sing.
That's nothing you should hear me play piano.

Sorry.

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:57 pm
revvy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:53 pm simply because somebody doesn’t know how to sing.
That's nothing you should hear me play piano.

Sorry.
Sponge. Rusty spanner.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

jens, i agree with you here, but weren't you on the other side of this argument regarding the Bassline Generator (player) in Reason?

JamminFool wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:02 pm jens, i agree with you here, but weren't you on the other side of this argument regarding the Bassline Generator (player) in Reason?
i guess everyone has their own "line" :hihi:

And for the record, the music I listen to doesn't have any AT at all, because it was all recorded before such 'tools' were invented. And I assure you, every one of those musicians can sing without AT, they could tune their instruments and and keep things organic without click tracks. I don't give a damn about some guitarist I never heard of using it. He could play 32nd note triplets for all I care.
Anyway, I'm out. I really don't appreciate getting flambeed by an admittedly aggressive individual.
And screw the notion of 'I don't need to work on my singing/musicianship because I can fix it with this 'tool' post hoc. I simply don't do that. What happened to perfecting one's craft? Singing lessons are not that hard to find, but it's cheaper and easier to throw a plugin at it.
And now there are 'tools' that write music without any human input. Seems to be a race to the bottom.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:57 pm Sorry you felt 'humiliated.'
You can't humiliate me.

As I said before I do not speak on behalf of myself. I know you whole argument is pure nonsense.

Others, however, might not.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:07 pm
Bombadil wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:57 pm Sorry you felt 'humiliated.'
You can't humiliate me.

As I said before I do not speak on behalf of myself. I know you whole argument is pure nonsense.

Others, however, might not.
Go hump an armadillo.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:06 pm And for the record, the music I listen to doesn't have any AT at all, because it was all recorded before such 'tools' were invented. And I assure you, every one of those musicians can sing without AT, they could tune their instruments and and keep things organic without click tracks. I don't give a damn about some guitarist I never heard of using it. He could play 32nd note triplets for all I care.
Anyway, I'm out. I really don't appreciate getting flambeed by an admittedly aggressive individual.
And screw the notion of 'I don't need to work on my singing/musicianship because I can fix it with this 'tool' post hoc. I simply don't do that. What happened to perfecting one's craft? Singing lessons are not that hard to find, but it's cheaper and easier to throw a plugin at it.
And now there are 'tools' that write music without any human input. Seems to be a race to the bottom.
ignoring all the rest, re that guitarist...
i heartily recommend porcupine tree!!!
he's a great guitarist 8)
seen them live several times, he can walk the walk ;)

JamminFool wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:02 pm jens, i agree with you here, but weren't you on the other side of this argument regarding the Bassline Generator (player) in Reason?
:oops:

Dang! While I can't remember anymore what I wrote, you might have caught me red-handed here.

I am truly sorry if anyone got in the line of fire there - truth to be told I was (and still am) so annoyed at the Props that I didn't really care about collateral damage (Reason was my main DAW).
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I was deep into a study of Schrödinger's cat and consumed with the paradox of quantum superposition when Cher asked what she thought was the ultimate philosophical question ,"Do you believe in life after love?".

I wonder if she gets misty eyed thinking she may have missed posing an even more grand question, "Do you believe in music after Autotune?" . It would have been meta. It could have been profound. We'll never know and for that I shed a tear. If only she could turn back time.

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:33 pm i just wonder, how cher feels about the war she started?

:hihi:

jens wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:11 pm
:oops:

Dang! While I can't remember anymore what I wrote, you might have caught me red-handed here.

I am truly sorry if anyone got in the line of fire there - truth to be told I was (and still am) so annoyed at the Props that I didn't really care about collateral damage (Reason was my main DAW).
ok. no problem. i'm glad to see you recognize the reference. and i respect that you are owning it.

(because i should have used all the arguments you present here against you then. :) :hug:)

Scotty wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:17 pm If only she could turn back time.

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:33 pm i just wonder, how cher feels about the war she started?

:hihi: :clap:

Scotty wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:17 pm I was deep into a study of Schrödinger's cat and consumed with the paradox of quantum superposition when Cher asked what she thought was the ultimate philosophical question ,"Do you believe in life after love?".

I wonder if she gets misty eyed thinking she may have missed posing an even more grand question, "Do you believe in music after Autotune?" . It would have been meta. It could have been profound. We'll never know and for that I shed a tear. If only she could turn back time.

:lol:

the guy got a grammy for singlehandedly destroying the art of singing in music?
hahah geez...

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:11 pm ignoring all the rest, re that guitarist...
i heartily recommend porcupine tree!!!
he's a great guitarist 8)
seen them live several times, he can walk the walk ;)
I saw them live back in.... '96? I think. It was in a tiny club back then.

If you listen to live versions of Pariah for instance you can hear how they both (but especially Ninet, who has the more demanding part - and yet the comments are full of praise for her skills) have troubles staying in pitch...

https://youtu.be/SoYKAlT-HDI

Compare that to the studio-recording:

https://youtu.be/cNTaFArEObU

No big deal at all.

Return to “Effects”