Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

jamcat wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:51 pm You’re asking people to do something illegal. And why would you be asking strangers on a forum for the installer rather than the person you bought it from?

You just need to resolve it with the developer. And maybe don’t buy second hand next time, since the developer doesn’t see any money from your second hand purchase of their product, and your license is probably not legit anyways.
There was nothing illegal, I was just asking for a hand since it was a weekend, seller didn't respond and I had to wait working hours of customer service to help me out. Got it sorted out and license is legit. I will not continue doing off-topic posts anymore and I appreciate you all.

Pretty sure Output doesn't allow license transfers...

Which is probably why they held their customers captive and took so long to update to M1! :x
Yo Leroy!

Inspirata by inspired acoustics is now M1 friendly :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AS STUDIOTON / www.asstudioton.com
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

JonathanLevine wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:49 pm
teilo wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:45 pm I have the Reaktor 6 beta running. I haven't put it through its paces yet, but it seems pretty solid. It is really nice to get a couple of instruments back, like Steam Pipe 2, a hidden gem of a physical modeling synth.
Glad to hear it. Reaktor is the very last plug-in I need to get updated before all my plug-ins are native. Still bummed out it took so long to get to this point but better late than never I guess.
You're lucky. Audio ease Altiverb and Speakerphone. PSP Stereo Pack and Nitro, AudioFinder, Reason Studio, Aly James OB-Xtreme, U-He Filterscape, VSL Vienna Ensemble Pro, and probably never Air Loom 2, Transfuser, Vacuum Pro, Hybrid 3, not to mention Nomad Factory.

Then there's the deprecated at Apple Silicon list: iZotope Trash 2, Iris, and Breaktweaker plus a few Exponential Audio reverbs. NI Absynth. Plus the possible deaths of Cypher 2, and Strobe 2.

machinesworking wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:40 am
teilo wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:45 pm I have the Reaktor 6 beta running. I haven't put it through its paces yet, but it seems pretty solid. It is really nice to get a couple of instruments back, like Steam Pipe 2, a hidden gem of a physical modeling synth.
Glad to hear it. Reaktor is the very last plug-in I need to get updated before all my plug-ins are native. Still bummed out it took so long to get to this point but better late than never I guess.
You're lucky. Audio ease Altiverb and Speakerphone. PSP Stereo Pack and Nitro, AudioFinder, Reason Studio, Aly James OB-Xtreme, U-He Filterscape, VSL Vienna Ensemble Pro, and probably never Air Loom 2, Transfuser, Vacuum Pro, Hybrid 3, not to mention Nomad Factory.

Then there's the deprecated at Apple Silicon list: iZotope Trash 2, Iris, and Breaktweaker plus a few Exponential Audio reverbs. NI Absynth. Plus the possible deaths of Cypher 2, and Strobe 2.
cypher is apple silicon native at least

dayjob wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:43 am cypher is apple silicon native at least
Well aware of that, but the developers don't work for Roli anymore from what I know.
So how long will it work for? Angus from FXpansion did not paint a rosy picture about it.

machinesworking wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:49 am
dayjob wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:43 am cypher is apple silicon native at least
Well aware of that, but the developers don't work for Roli anymore from what I know.
So how long will it work for? Angus from FXpansion did not paint a rosy picture about it.
yeah i know. it's a drag and for me will only work so long as the stupid roli login website auth checker things is active.. so, once that thing goes and cypher asks for my roli log in to be able to use it.. well.. that's that i guess... unless they do us all a solid and switch it up somehow

BoogerSnotOrchestra wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:17 am Pretty sure Output doesn't allow license transfers...

Which is probably why they held their customers captive and took so long to update to M1! :x
From their website:

“This license is nontransferable and expressly forbids resale or lease of the product”

https://output.com/legal/eula

That guy was apparently pretty ‘lucky’ that Output OK’d everything as a one-off.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I don't need anybody else telling me that it sounds nice which I already know
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

revvy wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:55 am
BoogerSnotOrchestra wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:17 am Pretty sure Output doesn't allow license transfers...

From their website:

“This license is nontransferable and expressly forbids resale or lease of the product”

That guy was apparently pretty ‘lucky’ that Output OK’d everything as a one-off.
For god's sake dude, just drop it. Both me and seller did a mistake that we sorted out internally. I overreached with posting about it in this topic and via PM. You are still riding that woke high horse moralising on a public forum for meaningless karma. Go make some music.

Refuse software have updated their two useful Freebies for AS:

‘Simple Meter’ and ‘Flipper’

machinesworking wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:40 am

Yeah Iris 2 & Trash 2 were really disappointing, especially Iris since it had a lot of really unique sounds but thankfully Alchemy is somewhat of a good alternative since I use Logic Pro.

There were a lot of plug-ins that I just stopped using altogether because they turned into abandonware or were never going to get Apple silicon support. Incredibly frustrating that I had to go out and buy new software to replace old tools I had already paid for (like having to replace Glitch 2 by Illformed with Effectrix because the developer hasn’t updated the plug-in in years) but I’m not going to keep using Logic in Rosetta 2 mode until it’s the year 2028 and everything has finally transitioned to a native binary.

I guess the one upside to this chip transition is now you can really tell which plug-in developers take their software seriously or not. Companies like FabFilter & ValhallaDSP who jumped on the Apple silicon train within a couple of months will gladly keep getting my money when they come out with new software but I’m definitely going to think twice before I shell out money for a company like Native Instruments with how long they’ve taken to get to this point (and they’re not even finished yet).

Guess that’ll be good for my credit card though.

Just wanted to stop by and say what a great thread and a useful online database for Mac lovers worldwide. What a rollercoaster ride it's been!

Thanks, teilo, you rock, man.
Last edited by revvy on Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Enough. Revvy. Poltergeistcro. You're done with this here. Both of you. Take it to DM. Do not even bother replying.

revvy wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:55 am

From their website:

Hmmm there’s an Output bundle currently for sale here: viewtopic.php?t=592647 it’s a bummer their license doesn’t allow transfer. Very customer unfriendly.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”