Studio One 6

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

BONES wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:27 am
syntonica wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:41 pmIt looks like a "Pick-a-DAW" survey with not enough data collected.
Why? Because it doesn't align with your biases? ...
I have no biases on this matter and no horse in this race. I find most professionals use one software for their paying gigs, but often prefer another software for their own private use and/or experimentation. Specifically, I would like to know what type of work do they do and which softwares do they use for it. All I see is "music people use ProTools," to which my reply is, "Duhhh..." (Yes, I have a ginormous vocabulary! :hihi: )
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I thought Cubase had far more users than S1.

That surprised me, too.
syntonica wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:13 amI have no biases on this matter and no horse in this race. I find most professionals use one software for their paying gigs, but often prefer another software for their own private use and/or experimentation.
If you'd bothered to read the f**king article before mouthing off about it, you'd have read that they were asked to name all the applications they use, not just their primary one.
All I see is "music people use ProTools," to which my reply is, "Duhhh..." (Yes, I have a ginormous vocabulary! :hihi: )
Again, if you had bothered to read the article, you'd have some answers to that question. So given what you saw, and what was actually written there, the only logical conclusions to draw are that you didn't read it or your bias didn't allow you to interpret what was written correctly.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:55 am That surprised me, too.
syntonica wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:13 amI have no biases on this matter and no horse in this race. I find most professionals use one software for their paying gigs, but often prefer another software for their own private use and/or experimentation.
If you'd bothered to read the f**king article before mouthing off about it, you'd have read that they were asked to name all the applications they use, not just their primary one.
All I see is "music people use ProTools," to which my reply is, "Duhhh..." (Yes, I have a ginormous vocabulary! :hihi: )
Again, if you had bothered to read the article, you'd have some answers to that question. So given what you saw, and what was actually written there, the only logical conclusions to draw are that you didn't read it or your bias didn't allow you to interpret what was written correctly.
Okay, so tell me: having read the article yourself, what specific softwares do these self-proclaimed professionals use for which specific tasks? Which do they truly prefer vs. have to use? The fact that PT came out on top tells me nothing about if people actually enjoy using it, or even truly want to. Like I previously stated, I don't believe enough data was gathered to make any interesting or relevant conclusions. At least to me.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Professionals won't switch from one thing to another for different tasks, they'll use the thing they know best for everything it can do. When it's your livelyhood you don't mess around, because companies will seek people who are proficient at one thing. You don't get to go to work on Day 1 and tell them what software to install for you, you are allocated a workstation with all the software they want you to use, licensed and ready to go. That's how professionals work and the reason Pro-Tools polled so well is that it is the industry standard, the thing you have to know how to use to get work. That doesn't necessarily make it the best thing, just the thing that everyone knows best.

So if you are hoping to gain some insights on what application is best for which type of work, you're probably not going to learn that from a survey like this. OTOH, if you're a young bloke just starting out, this survey gives you a big insight into which applications you should learn if you want to get work.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Hi Gang

Does the Artist version have ARA?

Cheers.

LoopyFruit wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:48 pm Hi Gang

Does the Artist version have ARA?

Cheers.
Yes it does.

:tu: Many thanks Dogbert

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”