Artefacts in spectral edits

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm again thinking about upgrading to the Premium version but I'm put off by the artefacts left in the attention or replacing of material in the spectral editor.

Maybe I'm not doing something correctly so here is how I'd remove an unwanted sound.

Select replace
Paint over the sound
Use Ctrl to move the a clean piece of material close by and process it.

What I'm left with is lots of artefacts that sound like it's glitchy audio. Was I doing something wrong?

"artefacts left in the attention or replacing of material"

Do you mean attenuation?
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Ha, yes, attenuation.

Onnix wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:19 pm I'm again thinking about upgrading to the Premium version but I'm put off by the artefacts left in the attention or replacing of material in the spectral editor.

Maybe I'm not doing something correctly so here is how I'd remove an unwanted sound.

Select replace
Paint over the sound
Use Ctrl to move the a clean piece of material close by and process it.

What I'm left with is lots of artefacts that sound like it's glitchy audio. Was I doing something wrong?
Attenuating should normally give the best results. If you try to remove very long passages, you will get artifacts due to lack of content to fill in with. Did you use a time position as reference (vertical line)? Using another time instance as reference usually gives best results.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”