Normalization with limiting - is that possible in Acoustica?

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jorgensen wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:02 am I know - but if there was a special button in Normalize that very fast scans the track and makes a snapshot of the sound, then it should be possible to use Normalize in realtime :clap:
Yes, this would indeed be a nice feature. We could use the same mechanism for many other tools, typically the "learn" functionality in many of the restoration tools.

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian:

I am new to Acoustica Premium coming from Adobe Audition. I too was looking for a way to Normalize to a LUFS level and simultaneously set a limit and was disappointed that this functionality is not included with Acoustica Premium. Adobe Audition has this functionality as part of Match Loudness Settings where I can set Target Loudness, Tolerance in LU, and Max True Peak Level. Why is it that you made the statement, "Unfortunately, it is physically impossible to implement normalization in real-time since it requires two passes -- one to detect the levels and one for correction” when Adobe Audition is able to accomplish this task?

Look forward to your response?

Don

Return to “Acon Digital”