Fabfilter Twin 3 --Released Feb. 7th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3 Pro Expansion - Twin 3 Presets

In its favor having 4 filters is really what makes it different, not hat there isn't other synths with 4 but here I think they are easier to tweak around.
dedication to flying

between this and minifreak.. we're truly living spoiled times

Just for the record, the things that makes it worse for me
1.- Navigation bar at the bottom, behind modulators
2.- No overview of all modulators, have to click to expand the view
3.- No overview of destinations and amount (nevertheless having a ton of modulations seems easier to see)
fft2.jpg
fft3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:06 pm Just for the record, the things that makes it worse for me
3.- No overview of destinations and amount (nevertheless having a ton of modulations seems easier to see)

fft2.jpg
fft3.jpg
100%

Twin 3 is much more finicky to navigate, access and view all of the modulation elements with a mouse, than it's predecessor was. It feels a bit like going from Windows 7 to Windows 8.

There are some good GUI changes, like the new scaling feature, which looks great in full screen mode. But Fabfilter need to add an option to make the modulation section behave a bit more like it did in Twin 2.

Or at least allow users an option to expand all modulation panels (by default) and to improve the size/location/accessibility of the modulation scroll bar, so that it's easier to use with a mouse like it was for Twin 2.

I'll just go ahead and leave this here :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l8rJJvBf-s

I will add a proper post for the Pro Expansion shortly. :)

Biome_Digital wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:22 pm I'll just go ahead and leave this here :D

Nice work. Some terrific sounds.

ps ... It's categorized under "Product Type: Diva Presets" on the purchase page :) Twin 3 sounds terrific.

https://newloops.com/products/twin-pro- ... -3-presets

Checking out the Free Demo Pack now ...
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:57 pm I will add a proper post for the Pro Expansion shortly. :)
Soe excellent sounds indeed. Good demonstration of the potential of this fabulous synth.

billcarroll wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:27 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:22 pm I'll just go ahead and leave this here :D

Nice work. Some terrific sounds.

ps ... It's categorized under "Product Type: Diva Presets" on the purchase page :) Twin 3 sounds terrific.

https://newloops.com/products/twin-pro- ... -3-presets

Checking out the Free Demo Pack now ...
Well spotted and thanks for that!! :D

I've changed it now.

Jac459 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:40 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:57 pm I will add a proper post for the Pro Expansion shortly. :)
Soe excellent sounds indeed. Good demonstration of the potential of this fabulous synth.
Thank you. Yes it can produce some very nice sounds, from smooth, to very raw. I think the filters are the highlight. There a lot that could be added to the synth still, however it is capable of more complex sounds than is first apparent. I made a patch (in the demo pack I think) called 4 layers that I think shows some complexity with layered bass, pad, hi-hat, and sequence. Then the "piano" preset shows some depth. :)

Overall I think the synth sounds great and I really like the GUI too. :tu:

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:35 am Thank you. Yes it can produce some very nice sounds, from smooth, to very raw. I think the filters are the highlight. There a lot that could be added to the synth still, however it is capable of more complex sounds than is first apparent. I made a patch (in the demo pack I think) called 4 layers that I think shows some complexity with layered bass, pad, hi-hat, and sequence. Then the "piano" preset shows some depth. :)

Overall I think the synth sounds great and I really like the GUI too. :tu:
Yes I can only agree on all aspects. The highlights on filters AND the limitations.
But I think you have proven that we can go very far even with limitations.

rod_zero wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:06 pm Just for the record, the things that makes it worse for me

fft2.jpg
fft3.jpg
It's less cluttered now, but I would have liked to see a "Mod Matrix" page or something.

New Loops presents Twin 3 Pro Expansion – a new collection of universal presets for Fabfilter Twin 3. This sound bank has a wide range of beautifully crafted presets that are designed to work in many different styles. We've brought out the best of Twin 3 and pushed it to the limit while showcasing its powerful sound.

Get 30% off and try the free demo - https://newloops.com/products/twin-pro- ... -3-presets

Also get an extra 15% off orders over £49! :D

Anyone grabbed these yet? :D

Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:21 pm Anyone grabbed these yet? :D
Yes, I did. Some very nice presets in there and also fifferent ones when compared to the factoty sounds. The packafe shows a good use of the filtering capacity of Twin3 which is like you said the strength of this synth.

With respect to that, I was wondering what it would bring if Twin would get a comb filter with Fabfilter quality. I saw huge improvements of synthesis possibilities in other synths when they got a comb filter, eg Hive2.

Return to “Instruments”