Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

This.. I actually prefer Rene's patches on Rapid, so I would want more from him to begin with.
rsp
sound sculptist

tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:19 pm I love Rapid but don't use it as much as other synths for a few reasons:

1. I hate synths that do not load the patch as soon as you single click on the preset. With Rapid, you have to double click on the patch name or hit enter (or use the arrow keys at the top). I prefer synths from other companies (u-he, Synapse, Tone 2, etc.) that allow you to single click and listen to patches. Much quicker.
Middle mouse click to load a preset in one click.

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:57 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:41 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:40 pm Man, why some people are so obsessed with Rapid updates? It's really an obsessive compulsive disorder for some here. It's been updated just a couple months ago, just enjoy it and go make music with it, really!
Throwing the term OCD around is out of place here, because it's a mental condition that can be truly debilitating for some people that affects their everyday life, (not talking from personal experience)
Easy easy, that's just a way of talking my friend, just like when someone says 'Can't you see it? Are you blind?' the idea here obviously is not to attack a blind or a visually impairment person. If that offended you or anyone, know that it was not my goal to attack anyone. Not my style at all.
I read IT's reply as a kind of polite reminder to avoid using phrases like this where possible, they weren't necessarily calling you out as a terrible person :D I believe that we have a duty to one another to point out stuff like this, so that we can all be better people.

I don't have OCD but I do have ADHD and while someone (usually a neurotypical person) who might say "oh that's a bit ADHD" isn't going trigger me into a lengthy rant or into a downward spiral of despair, it does still kind of suck to hear people reducing an often debilitating condition down to "oh I'm just feeling a bit scatty today". It really doesn't cost much for human beings to collectively be a bit more sensitive. Just to be absolutely clear, I'm not singling you out here, just offering some commentary on the matter.

Anyway back to Rapid, when is the next update? I've barely scratched the surface but my (ADHD) brain demands more input, more novelty, gimme gimme gimme :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:19 pm 1. I hate synths that do not load the patch as soon as you single click on the preset. With Rapid, you have to double click on the patch name or hit enter (or use the arrow keys at the top). I prefer synths from other companies (u-he, Synapse, Tone 2, etc.) that allow you to single click and listen to patches. Much quicker.
There is a reason for that. Once there was a single click option under settings. With the introduction of layer loading, a click is reserved for dragging browser presets onto layer buttons.

Single "action" preset loading can now be achieved by:
  • Middle Mouse button
  • Holding CTRL (or Command) Key + click
  • Selecting the preset row. Then Up/Down arrow key for preset selecion, Right arrow to load.

Error :D
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I think the 50 Euros is the normal price, the 35 Euros was the 30% off sale.
rsp
sound sculptist

parawave wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:20 pm
tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:19 pm 1. I hate synths that do not load the patch as soon as you single click on the preset. With Rapid, you have to double click on the patch name or hit enter (or use the arrow keys at the top). I prefer synths from other companies (u-he, Synapse, Tone 2, etc.) that allow you to single click and listen to patches. Much quicker.
There is a reason for that. Once there was a single click option under settings. With the introduction of layer loading, a click is reserved for dragging browser presets onto layer buttons.

Single "action" preset loading can now be achieved by:
  • Middle Mouse button
  • Holding CTRL (or Command) Key + click
  • Selecting the preset row. Then Up/Down arrow key for preset selecion, Right arrow to load.
Absolutely no need for that if you handle the click on mouse-up in stead of mouse-down. It's perfectly normal GUI design to have both single and double click plus drag & drop. Handling the click on mouse-up is actually the 'normal' way of doing things as you can still correct for unintended clicking by moving out of a button before releasing it.

I might have demoed almost every softsynth except a few like Vengeance stuff and IKM synths, parawave Rapid was the only one that did not run on Windows 7 64 bit any more no matter whether it was officially still supported or not. I know most devs don't support it any more, but most softsynths still run on win 7 systems.
Still wholotta potential, still win 7 users existing.

Leo1999 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:39 am I might have demoed almost every softsynth except a few like Vengeance stuff and IKM synths, parawave Rapid was the only one that did not run on Windows 7 64 bit any more no matter whether it was officially still supported or not. I know most devs don't support it any more, but most softsynths still run on win 7 systems.
I know people running old machines don't want to hear this: but unless your machine never connects to the Internet, it's a really bad idea to still be running that old of an OS. Old versions of Windows stop getting security fixes and are a liability. Windows 7 has been out of support for three years. Every vulnerability discovered since then is unpatched. If even Microsoft is no longer supporting it, why should developers put in the effort to do so? It's an unreasonable expectation.

teilo wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:24 pm
Leo1999 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:39 am I might have demoed almost every softsynth except a few like Vengeance stuff and IKM synths, parawave Rapid was the only one that did not run on Windows 7 64 bit any more no matter whether it was officially still supported or not. I know most devs don't support it any more, but most softsynths still run on win 7 systems.
I know people running old machines don't want to hear this: but unless your machine never connects to the Internet, it's a really bad idea to still be running that old of an OS. Old versions of Windows stop getting security fixes and are a liability. Windows 7 has been out of support for three years. Every vulnerability discovered since then is unpatched. If even Microsoft is no longer supporting it, why should developers put in the effort to do so? It's an unreasonable expectation.
You are right, but it doesn't change my experience and experience of others.
So it's probably just coincidence that all other synths still run on Windows 7.

Leo1999 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:00 pm
teilo wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:24 pm
You are right, but it doesn't change my experience and experience of others.
So it's probably just coincidence that all other synths still run on Windows 7.
There's usually no reason not to support older OSes unless your program uses new features that are not present. On the Mac side, this would be something like using Metal graphics. I'm not as familiar with Windows, but it's probably something similar. But unlike Mac, Windows is far more forgiving regarding backwards compatibility. Even though a lot of plugins say they want 10 or newer, they will run fine on 7/8. The manufacturers just don't want to do the support. I'm a bit surprised Rapid doesn't.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

According to the web site it does still run on Windows 7, so may just eb a bug- have you reported it?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

are they out of business #?

No.

thanks for letting me know :)

Return to “Instruments”