[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v8.0

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for making this useful tool :) !

ConvertWithMoss 6.0 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • New: Added option to rename multi-samples (thanks to Philip Stolz).
  • New: Improved mapping of envelopes to MPC keygroups (thanks to Philip Stolz).
  • New: Added support for reading Kontakt NKI files (only the format of the versions before Kontakt 4.2 are supported, thanks to Philip Stolz).
  • Fixed: Added missing reading of panorama value.
https://youtu.be/UHuCooBvj48

Enjoy!

Awesome possum , from Decent Sampler to SFZ, here we go!
^ That post or comment was totally not written by a chocolate cookie that escaped jar.

ConvertWithMoss is the best contribution of all time to all things regarding sampling/samplers/conversion - software and hardware! :love: :love: :love: :party: :party: :tu: :tu: :tu: :clap: :clap: :pray: :pray: :pray: :hail: :hail: :hail:
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Everybody reading this, should we start a separate thread with FREE Kontakt 1-4 libraries or just post the stuff we find here in this thread? :D

https://www.boldersounds.com/index.php? ... qbl5ja2rm0
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:22 pm Everybody reading this, should we start a separate thread with FREE Kontakt 1-4 libraries or just post the stuff we find here in this thread? :D

Please create a new thread.

moss wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:34 pm
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:22 pm Everybody reading this, should we start a separate thread with FREE Kontakt 1-4 libraries or just post the stuff we find here in this thread? :D

Please create a new thread.
Done! :D

I would like to build an Arch User Repository (AUR) package for this software. How would I build this software, if I'm not on a Debian-based Linux? The command in the jpackage-linux.sh script apparently tries to build a .deb package, which of course does not work on Arch Linux.

Code: Select all

[INFO] Using: /usr/lib/jvm/java-17-openjdk/bin/jpackage
[INFO] jpackage options:
[INFO]   --name ConvertWithMoss
[INFO]   --dest /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/target/release
[INFO]   --type deb
[INFO]   --app-version 6.0.0
[INFO]   --copyright (c) 2021-2023 by Jürgen Moßgraber
[INFO]   --description A tool for converting multi-sample from one format to another.
[INFO]   --input /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/target/lib
[INFO]   --vendor Jürgen Moßgraber
[INFO]   --main-class de.mossgrabers.convertwithmoss.ui.ConvertWithMossApp
[INFO]   --main-jar convertwithmoss-6.0.0.jar
[INFO]   --icon /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/src/main/resources/de/mossgrabers/convertwithmoss/images/AppIcon.png
[INFO]   --license-file /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/LICENSE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time:  21.062 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2023-03-14T20:08:33+01:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.panteleyev:jpackage-maven-plugin:1.5.1:jpackage (linux) on project convertwithmoss: 
[ERROR] Exit code: 1 - Fehler: Ungültiger oder nicht unterstützter Typ: [deb]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] Command line was: /bin/sh -c /usr/lib/jvm/java-17-openjdk/bin/jpackage --name ConvertWithMoss --dest /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/target/release --type deb --app-version 6.0.0 --copyright '(c) 2021-2023 by Jürgen Moßgraber' --description 'A tool for converting multi-sample from one format to another.' --input /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/target/lib --vendor 'Jürgen Moßgraber' --main-class de.mossgrabers.convertwithmoss.ui.ConvertWithMossApp --main-jar convertwithmoss-6.0.0.jar --icon /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/src/main/resources/de/mossgrabers/convertwithmoss/images/AppIcon.png --license-file /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/LICENSE
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
I could of course use the Linux binary package from the homepage and that seems to work, but I would like to build from source, if possible.

strogon14 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:34 pm I would like to build an Arch User Repository (AUR) package for this software. How would I build this software, if I'm not on a Debian-based Linux? The command in the jpackage-linux.sh script apparently tries to build a .deb package, which of course does not work on Arch Linux.

Code: Select all

[INFO] Using: /usr/lib/jvm/java-17-openjdk/bin/jpackage
[INFO] jpackage options:
[INFO]   --name ConvertWithMoss
[INFO]   --dest /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/target/release
[INFO]   --type deb
[INFO]   --app-version 6.0.0
[INFO]   --copyright (c) 2021-2023 by Jürgen Moßgraber
[INFO]   --description A tool for converting multi-sample from one format to another.
[INFO]   --input /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/target/lib
[INFO]   --vendor Jürgen Moßgraber
[INFO]   --main-class de.mossgrabers.convertwithmoss.ui.ConvertWithMossApp
[INFO]   --main-jar convertwithmoss-6.0.0.jar
[INFO]   --icon /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/src/main/resources/de/mossgrabers/convertwithmoss/images/AppIcon.png
[INFO]   --license-file /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/LICENSE
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time:  21.062 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2023-03-14T20:08:33+01:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.panteleyev:jpackage-maven-plugin:1.5.1:jpackage (linux) on project convertwithmoss: 
[ERROR] Exit code: 1 - Fehler: Ungültiger oder nicht unterstützter Typ: [deb]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] Command line was: /bin/sh -c /usr/lib/jvm/java-17-openjdk/bin/jpackage --name ConvertWithMoss --dest /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/target/release --type deb --app-version 6.0.0 --copyright '(c) 2021-2023 by Jürgen Moßgraber' --description 'A tool for converting multi-sample from one format to another.' --input /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/target/lib --vendor 'Jürgen Moßgraber' --main-class de.mossgrabers.convertwithmoss.ui.ConvertWithMossApp --main-jar convertwithmoss-6.0.0.jar --icon /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/src/main/resources/de/mossgrabers/convertwithmoss/images/AppIcon.png --license-file /home/chris/src/audio/ConvertWithMoss/LICENSE
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
I could of course use the Linux binary package from the homepage and that seems to work, but I would like to build from source, if possible.
I guess you need to check the jpackage documentation (if possible at all) for that.

I'll try ;-) My Java-foo is very under-developed. I'm afraid.

I wonder if you could release the binaries using GitHub Actions, I see you have already a build script (msi, dmg and AppImage instead of Debian package for Linux).

redtide wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:59 am I wonder if you could release the binaries using GitHub Actions, I see you have already a build script (msi, dmg and AppImage instead of Debian package for Linux).
That's already the case. But I already support 3 platforms and I simply have to draw a line somewhere...

moss wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:31 pm That's already the case. But I already support 3 platforms and I simply have to draw a line somewhere...
AppImages are portable monolithic files that runs on any Linux distribution, without the need to install anything, not even dependencies, all is in that file. But it's not a trivial thing with Java it seems.
Anyway I opened a Pull Request to permit building from sources and packaging in a standard way for any distro.

Thank youu!!!

Is it possible to convert from Logic Sampler to Bitwig?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”