UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I’d be happy if it would be updated to expose more parameters to the DAW so I can do more with it on Push 2 and in Ableton macros.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Holy cow, nearly 500 pages for Falcon
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:14 am Holy cow, nearly 500 pages for Falcon
100 pages were just about them wearing their eyepatch on a different eye tbf

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Fleer wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:48 am As for the “Flac heavy” expansions like LoFi Dreams, I’m wondering if those samples are new, or whether they contain samples from other (existing) UVI soundware.
Hey fleer. Lots of reuse of samples in lo-fi dreams. Particularly from the keysuite bundle, pianos etc. But that's not a bad thing, they've done excellent sound design, and they stand as great patches to unpick yourself, and can use the ideas to do the same things to other patches from the other libraries.

Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:14 am Holy cow, nearly 500 pages for Falcon
Vps avenger is still way ahead... but falcon extensions often have their separate threads so it is difficult to compare....
Obviously 2 awesome products...

I wouldn't mind one or two more operators in the FM module and audiorate modulation between separate oscillator types within a given level of the hierarchy.

I am negative 0.5 days into Falcon (it's coming tomorrow); there's just one thing I haven't looked at yet. Or two:

What is Falcon's capability for polyphonic banks of resonators?

- Actually, I'll just read the manual and use it tomorrow to find out how Feedback Machine works / how capable it is and if it can be polyphonic.

Polyphonic effects!

E_Anderson wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:52 am I wouldn't mind one or two more operators in the FM module and audiorate modulation between separate oscillator types within a given level of the hierarchy.

I am negative 0.5 days into Falcon (it's coming tomorrow); there's just one thing I haven't looked at yet. Or two:

What is Falcon's capability for polyphonic banks of resonators?

- Actually, I'll just read the manual and use it tomorrow to find out how Feedback Machine works / how capable it is and if it can be polyphonic.

Polyphonic effects!
You can place effects at different stages. It makes a lot of sense to have polyphonic effects on distortion for example (as it sounds very different) but not much for reverb (so they forbid it).

Liquid lino wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:55 am
Fleer wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:48 am As for the “Flac heavy” expansions like LoFi Dreams, I’m wondering if those samples are new, or whether they contain samples from other (existing) UVI soundware.
Hey fleer. Lots of reuse of samples in lo-fi dreams. Particularly from the keysuite bundle, pianos etc. But that's not a bad thing, they've done excellent sound design, and they stand as great patches to unpick yourself, and can use the ideas to do the same things to other patches from the other libraries.

For those who have missed... wanted to give a heads up about a new Falcon soundset recently released called ”Pad Scape Sphere”.

http://liv.mikaeladle.se/padscapesphere.html

Currently half price, 50% off intro price for a limited time.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Random question. How does UVI Falcon CPU usage compare to the likes of xfer Serum?
I know it depends on the patch, but let's say, I made a supersaw with similar number of osc and voices with similar effects, which one would use less cpu?
I know I should demo, but I'm too lazy to install Falcon right now (I know, that's on me). I'll have to install ilok too.
I was planning to give the sonicpass a try. I know there's a lot more than Falcon, but if I did get it, Falcon would be my main synth, as I don't like having multiple plugins and I keep my workflow pretty streamlined. I would still have Serum simply because of it's mainstream popularity and availability of presets.

Any insight is appreciated, thanks :)
Ableton Live | Numark Party Mix II | Arturia MINILAB 3

Well, you can't sell Serum, so you'd have both, which is great. I don't think Falcon would be as cumbersome as one's "only synth" as MSoundFactory, but it is certainly more cumbersome than e.g. Phase Plant. At risk of encouraging you to do something you regret, I'll say I was surprised how approachable Falcon was compared to its reputation, but temper that with noting that if you are not already confident in working in a more hierarchical, layered setup like Falcon's (or MSF or HALion), it may be good to give that Sonic Pass a try and see how it feels after a little bit of time.

CPU-wise, Falcon is great.

On another topic:

Feedback at 2ms... It's great that it is polyphonic, and given how cpu-efficient it is... How low could that feedback delay go, technically speaking?

Jac459 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:19 am
Vps avenger is still way ahead... but falcon extensions often have their separate threads so it is difficult to compare....
Why is Avenger ahead of Falcon

twal wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:47 am
He means in thread pages.

Fleer wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:55 am
twal wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:47 am
He means in thread pages.
Oh got it, I see now

Fleer wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:55 am He means in thread pages.
Yes, only in thread pages he he.

Return to “Instruments”